1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would love to have all of your opinions on something

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cajuncowboy, May 23, 2012.

1. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Outside of the normal benefits your company provides, (Medical, dental, 401K and vacation) do they provide any other benefits that you take advantage of? If not what kinds of benefits would you like them to offer?

Thanks in advance.
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,731 Messages
    38 Likes Received

I'm curious why you are asking. Are you hiring or looking for work?

An expense account and a company car are very nice perks. So is the use of the company time share plan. I can vacation almost anywhere and stay for free.

The free cell phone is also nice.
  3. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'll PM you.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    There are a lot of perks here, never the less I'd give up a lot if I could simply work from home. In my line of work it's no problem and I really don't need to show up to this far away office to do what I could do at home.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

81,140 Messages
    5,256 Likes Received
    Can't complain about benefits, would like better pay but then who doesn't. I would love to work 4 days a week 10 hour days.
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,317 Messages
    1,054 Likes Received
    I provide all that ..... I also provide direct deposit, and my company travel agent helps my employees when planning a vacation.

Some more perks I provide are sick days (with doctors excuse),and I let them stay on the clock while voting in national elections.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Gonna PM you.
  8. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,645 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I went to work for this company and all I got was this lousy Facebook stock. :laugh2:
  9. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    In addition to the ones you mentioned... company car, gas card, car insurance, discounted stock purchase price, employee discounts, discounts for goods/services from partners... a few others.
  10. Sam I Am

31,645 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    We don't get sick days or vacation days. It's all PTO to use as we like. (Paid time off)

You get 10 days PTO the first year, 15 the second year, 20 the third year, I think 25 the 5th year. Not sure beyond that, I will have to check.

We get stock options at the current value that they are given at, but you can buy them at that price at any time. Even 20 years later if you're still working for the company. So, if you get them after your first year at say a $1 price point for instance and 20 years later you decide you want to exercise those options and the current stock price is $40. You still only pay $1 per option for the options you received when they were $1 a share.

My company doesn't pay for my mobile phone, but they reimburse me for $20 of the data plan so that I can receive emails on my phone.

The best aspect of working at my company is the atmosphere. Very easy going. If you're late, they don't hound you. Need to leave early? Fine. As long as you do show up and do your work. Everyone is fine with it. Most people keep their own hours. The only ones required to be here at a specific time are the brokers due to trading starts at 8am. As long as there is someone in IT here to support them if something goes wrong. Nobody cares what time you come in. It ranges from 6:30am to 9:45am every day that people ramble in here. (mostly developers are the ones coming in past 9am)
  11. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,762 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Free dinner and car service home if you work past 7:00. I worked in manhattan so no one really had a car.
  12. kapolani

kapolani Well-Known Member

1,289 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    My company offers all the things mentioned in this thread.

I also like that they take out a life insurance policy for us. I believe it's 250k. Not an amazing amount, but it's something.

We have a company 'retreat' every year. Last year it was a vacation in Williamsburg, VA. Put us up at King's Mill. Great golf course there.

This year I think we are going to do a white water rafting/camping adventure. I'm actually looking forward to this. I work with a bunch of nerds so I'm not sure how they are going to handle roughing it a little.

My company also pays for my broadband service since I work at home once and a while.
  13. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

6,304 Messages
    853 Likes Received
    * Annual school / training reimbursement amount
    * "Wellness" benefit for - gym / weight loss / smoking cessation
    * Bereavement leave
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Are these things you get now or would like to get?
  15. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,631 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Do sugar mamas count?
  16. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,762 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    If you really want to be progressive a place to take naps is nice. :D

Look into what Google and some of the companies at Silicon Valley do for perks. They are way ahead of the curve.
  17. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    A siesta would definitely be nice.
  18. Doomsday101

81,140 Messages
    5,256 Likes Received
    Well at the secret service you get hookers along with good benefits. :laugh2:
  19. Sam I Am

31,645 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    I don't want to work, I just want to be on the payroll! :D
  20. Doomsday101

81,140 Messages
    5,256 Likes Received
    Sorry that position has been filled. :laugh2: