1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would this happen in Dallas right now?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by MCIWEST, Nov 12, 2012.

1. MCIWEST

MCIWEST Member

120 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Curfew violation ends with Jenkins, Givens running stadium stairs

Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2012, 9:31 AM EST
    [IMG] Getty ImagesIt was known on Sunday that Rams coach Jeff Fisher had decided to deactivate rookie cornerback Janoris Jenkins and rookie receiver Chris Givens for violating an unspecified team rule. The violation wasn’t known.
    Per a league source, Jenkins and Givens violated curfew.
    It also wasn’t known that Fisher’s punishment had a second element. As Peter King reported on NBC’s Football Night in America and explains in his Monday Morning Quarterback column, Fisher made Jenkins and Givens run the stairs at Candlestick Park.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-with-jenkins-givens-running-stadium-stairs/
  2. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Coach Jones wouldn't allow it
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yet the same coach let Pacman jones get away with what ever for several years when he was head coach. Your point so he did it this time has he done it to any vets that broke the rules or just rookie including an unimportant bench player
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    More likely the offender would be sentenced to riding the escalator for 30 minutes.
  5. revospeed

revospeed Active Member

622 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I laughed. :lmao2:
  6. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,550 Messages
    731 Likes Received
    Out of all the players on this current roster the only one that I could see that would even come close to breaking curfew rules is Dez Bryant.

Last time I checked he's got around the clock security team watching his every move and has to get permission to break curfew.

Other than him who can you guys picture breaking curfew?
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,009 Messages
    7,757 Likes Received
    In Dallas, we've moved away from drafting problem players like Janoris Jenkins who would break curfew. Because our coach doesn't tolerate that on the team. Personally, I prefer that to having the trouble-makers run stairs, but that's just me.

By all means, it shouldn't get in the way of a veiled jab at the HC that somehow hasn't transformed itself into a complaint about his play calling even after 7 full posts.
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,892 Messages
    2,362 Likes Received
    FIFY...