Would You Live at the Star in Frisco?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Alexander, May 19, 2017.

1. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,957 Messages
    28,555 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Would You Live at The Star in Frisco?

You will soon have that opportunity as Jerry Jones Sr., Roger Staubach, and Robert Shaw partner to build a residential tower—Frisco’s first high-rise building.

By Lily Corral Published in Commercial Real Estate May 18, 2017 10:41 pm

More development is on the way at The Star in Frisco, as Jerry Jones Sr., Roger Staubach, and Robert Shaw team up to bring a 17-story luxury residential tower to the city. The development at The Star will be Frisco’s first high-rise building and will break ground next January. Columbus Realty Partners Ltd., Shaw’s company, will be the project’s developer.

“Residents will be able to benefit from the full Cowboys experience by living next to our world headquarters and interacting with our players, coaches and executives,” Jones, the Dallas Cowboys owner, said in a statement. “Everything that goes along with being at The Star—dining, shopping, fitness, sports, entertainment and medical services—are just steps away.”

https://www.dmagazine.com/commercial-real-estate/2017/05/would-you-live-at-the-star-in-frisco/

Trouty likes this.
  2. HomeBiscuit

HomeBiscuit Well-Known Member

177 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, the folks that will be able to afford it aren't your die hard cowboys fans.

3. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

9,132 Messages
    1,661 Likes Received
    If I sell everything I own.... :facepalm:

totheleft, Bullflop and RS12 like this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,957 Messages
    28,555 Likes Received
    Those that could would probably sublet just like they sell off their tickets.

5. ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap Well-Known Member

507 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    Man, that would be great for a year or so.

They should just have their own currency now. They are printing money. This organization is going to be valued twice it's nearest rival really soon.

6. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

8,979 Messages
    4,677 Likes Received
    If I had money to burn I would absolutely do it

7. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

2,816 Messages
    1,712 Likes Received
  8. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

10,783 Messages
    3,725 Likes Received
    Well, yard sale Saturday...it's a start!!!

movaughn88 and Trouty like this.
  9. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    7,001 Likes Received
    That'd probably make my Austin apartment look cheap.

Million dollar shoebox baby

mcompact likes this.
  10. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita CowBabe Up!!! Zone Supporter

16,700 Messages
    6,444 Likes Received
    I would love that experience if I could afford it, but like someone said maybe only a year or so. It could lose its luster if you see it everyday.

hipfake08, Bullflop and Zimmy Lives like this.
  11. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

2,149 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Na. Not convenient enough for work and the things I like to do.

12. MrPhil

MrPhil Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    569 Likes Received
    Would be a great place to live when I retire! I better start saving.......a lot.

Trouty likes this.
  13. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

8,535 Messages
    3,505 Likes Received
    There comes a time when the Star ceases to sparkle, when the trophies lose their luster, when the field becomes a barren wasteland, and all that is left is a fan's love for his/her football team.

[Note: Shamelessly taken from Conan The Barbarian]

DallasEast and Boyzmamacita like this.
  14. BigDave95

BigDave95 Active Member

641 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    This was all played perfectly by Jerry. He has always owned a ton of land in Frisco so when there was talk of Cowboys Stadium going there, it made perfect sense. But when the city council was initially opposed to providing public funding, Jerry just accepted it. This is a man who usually gets what he wants but he never really pressed the issue. I thought it was strange at the time but he had his plan. He knew Arlington would throw a wad of cash at it, and they did. So he got his stadium, which would work anywhere, and used all of his land in Frisco for this development. Imagine this reversed...HIGH END residential, dining, shopping, etc just wouldn't work in Arlington, but it fits perfectly in Frisco. So instead of one world class Dallas Cowboys development, he ends up with two. Genius.

15. IrishAnto

IrishAnto Well-Known Member

1,785 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Boy, if Jerry was half as good GM as he is businessman, it would be us instead of the Patriots with 5 SB wins since 2000. :(

16. mrtxstar

mrtxstar Well-Known Member

7,502 Messages
    3,972 Likes Received
    If Charlotte lived with me I would. :D

DandyDon1722 and hipfake08 like this.
  17. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

7,372 Messages
    4,618 Likes Received
    Living in that upscale white-collar tower at the Star would demand much more money than anything I currently have at my disposal. For those who can afford it, I say more power to them. As much as I adore the Cowboys, I'm perfectly content to live where their presence is a treat rather than something that might become taken for granted or even tiresome on a constant basis. For example, if someone who loves steak has it for every meal, such a routine might easily compromise its appeal over time. ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    RGV_Clos and Trouty like this.
  18. LittleD

LittleD Well-Known Member

3,651 Messages
    1,907 Likes Received
    My guess is that you would need a lot more than just money to get one of those apartments. Jerry is looking
    for movers and shakers with clout & money. If you have to ask the price of one of those apartments, you can't
    afford to live there.

19. robjay04

robjay04 Well-Known Member

3,282 Messages
    4,843 Likes Received
    Pretty judgmental. I get your point but I will be as hardcore as a fan as I am today I regardless of my bank account.

RGV_Clos, Rainy and Bullflop like this.
  20. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita CowBabe Up!!! Zone Supporter

16,700 Messages
    6,444 Likes Received
    Yep. Maybe even moreso with more money to travel, buy tickets, etc. Not that poor fans aren't diehard, but money can increase one's experiences and possibly their fanaticism.

RGV_Clos, Trouty and robjay04 like this.