1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Would you release Tony Romo if Joe Flacco doesn't resign with B-More?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bowdown27, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    It's not an excuse. It's the flat out freaking truth. Our OL sucks.

And NO QB can "perform under pressure" unless they also have someone else performing under pressure with them (ie a QB can't freaking block for himself, make the throws and catch the freaking ball all at the same time). OTHER players HAVE to step up as well as the QB (ex that Tyrese or whatever his name is making that catch vs the pats in the superbowl, etc..).

Boldin was clutch along with Flacco.

Rice was clutch with Montana/Young.

Eli had a few clutch catches by his WR's.

And the list goes on.

No QB can be "clutch" on his own. There's always someone blocking for him, running for him, and catching his passes.
  2. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,286 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    can we make a rule to stop debating weather Romo is better than Super Bowl winning QBs. This nonsense started few years ago with Eli and now nobody even entertains that discussion anymore. So I guess its Flacco turn now.

Here is an idea...lets wait until Romo advances his team into second round of playoffs. Then we can remotely start to even have this discussion.
  3. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Our oline has its issues as does every teams oline but when the oline is playing well and the opportunity presents itself for romo to make a key play in a big game (win or go home type) time and time again he has been the main reason for the missed opportunity (his latest missed opportunity - the final int against the skins).
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,263 Messages
    1,836 Likes Received
    Can't believe you just used the WASHINGTON game as an exampe for the oline playing well and Romo failing.
    The reasons that play happened were (and this is not debatable) BY FAR 1) the line let a guy blow right past them to get in Romo's face and then 2) Romo made a bad play under extreme duress.

That has to be the worst support for an argument I've seen in a long time! They should ban you for 2-3 days right there.:lmao2:
  5. ak47kaehu

ak47kaehu Active Member

289 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Well the opportunity to make a play was there, if it was a high risk throw which he could not make he could have just thrown the ball away after all it was only 1st or 2nd down. The oline did give him opportunities in that game. Its what i was refering to about his poor decision making. Seems like hes more prone to panicing under duress in the big games. Live to play another down and get better protection on the next play.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    True, but Flacco wouldn't have thrown that INT against Washington to give the game away.
  7. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I can't remember the coach/front office that said it... 'Draft a QB every year', I don't think it was someone from GB however, perhaps NE ?
  8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    People keep posting that the raven D is so fantastic, but their D was kind of bad in the playoffs, gave up something like 420 yards per game. Gave up the most yards by any Super Bowl winning team ever. But to answer the question, yea, I'd give up romo for a lot less than Flacco
  9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received

Nice try but a lot of Romos errors are unforced... Including a couple picks in that wasington game.
  10. UKCowboysFan

UKCowboysFan Member

431 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    No, he could take a sack, punt & wait for his defense to get the ball back.

Unfortunately, our QB doesn't have that luxury
  11. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    He could do that actually...
  12. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    The point is, Flaco would of never made it to the playoffs on this team. I'm not comparing the two, as I think they are interchangable, but Flaco in Dallas would of had the same results, no playoffs this year. More than likely he would of had a worse regular season record. There is no debating that Baltimores O-line is better than ours, that combined with Flaco's regular season play would equal sitting at home and having certain posters talking about how we need to get rid of him if he were here.
  13. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    umm is this a trick question? lol Obviously u would Flacco is great and has a laser arm. Flacco is clutch. Flacco threw 11 tds to zero picks in playoffs on road. lol. Cmon now
  14. rbr651

rbr651 Active Member

634 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I don't know how you figure that, since 2008 Tony has thrown 3 more INT's than Joe, however he's also thrown 20 more TD's and their comp % and QB rating are not even in the same ballpark. You put the two behind the same Oline, and Joe is waiting for his unemployment check on the 1st of the month.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,263 Messages
    1,836 Likes Received
    yeah, he was way off base with that. On a per attempt basis, Romo throws far less picks than Flacco.
    It is fair to tip your cap to Falcco for theat hge 3-game run though. But even in the playoffs over his career, he's a had a ton of ints.
    Befoe this posteseason, he had 8 TDs and 8 picks in the post season.
    Romo has 4 TDs and 2 picks.
    But Flacco ruled this post season
  16. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,484 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    If I could sign Flacco to a free agent deal for about the same money as I had to pay Romo, then trade Romo for some premium draft picks , I would do that.
  17. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,388 Messages
    19 Likes Received

So you base it on stats?
  18. Blue Eyed Devil

Blue Eyed Devil Active Member

474 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Flacco? lol no

Now if the Ravens or 49ers released their offensive lines would I cut our o-line to sign either of their guys? Yes, yes I would do that. Both teams' success was primarily based on their o-lines winning the battles against the opposing defensive lines throughout the playoffs.

I'd take either o-line is a second. But Flacco or Colin Kaepernick? No. no no no.
  19. Kristen82

Kristen82 Benched

965 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    It's probably piling on at this point, but Flacco coming here has about as much a chance of happening as me being able to successfully make cricket chirping sounds by rubbing my buttcheeks together.
  20. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    When his agent is talking Drew brees money which he is not worth sorry SBMVP or not he is not in that league he is a very good QB but dude is not elite