1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

wow did you zoners see jah reid OT is high on parcells board?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 26, 2011.

1. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,167 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Then that's why Parcells has him so high. He always wanted big and tough, athleticism didn't matter. If they were athletic, he took it out of them. Like making Bradie play at a weight that took away his mobility, or turning Julius into CompuBack, or thinking Rob Pettiti had something.
  2. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,274 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    No, no. It is trendy to bash Parcells and completely ignore the good things he did here. Took a perennial cellar dwellar back to the playoffs and respectability and built a team that Phillips used to get his first playoff win.

He's gone and a couple of years later, the team is 6-10 again.

I wasn't completely happy with everything he did, but he was a far superior coach to Phillips and the positives he brought to the franchise far outweighed whatever people want to gripe about.
  3. HoleInTheRoof

HoleInTheRoof Benched

3,265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There's a reason why some teams didn't want him to "pick the groceries."
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Goose has him ranked 70th on his top 100 list. In other words, a borderline late 2nd/early 3rd guy.

Turns out Parcells knows more than www.internet-draft-nerd-wannabe-scout.com that for some reason people take as gospel.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,161 Messages
    1,790 Likes Received
    guys, lets not get ahead of ourselves

i dont remember them saying the this was "BPs draft board"

for all we know this was put together by an ESPN intern
  6. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Cecil Lammey, Matt Waldman & Sigmund Bloom are gospel.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,989 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    I think Parcells was a great HC and a great motivator but honestly I don't think he is a great personnel man not bad but not as great as some have tried to make him out to be. He was not buying the groceries in NY with the Giants and Jets nor in NE but he knows how to coach them
  8. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    hey buddy, are u feeling better, ? and are u ready for the draft this year?
  9. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Yea thanks for asking man. Been doing much better, Pumped for the draft I can not wait!
  10. bpfred

bpfred Member

94 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'd like to thank you for your post. I get so annoyed when people cherry-pick a couple of players that didn't make it, and forget that we were 6-10 for years before Parcells. And now, like you mention, we're 6-10 again.

Parcells may have had any number of traits that made people personally dislike him, and wish he was gone. I don't share the view, but I can see that. But he was/is one of the best at building winning teams in NFL history. I'm guessing the disdain Parcells gets on this board is not shared among NFL personnel people.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,989 Messages
    1,567 Likes Received
    Parcells is a great coach he has never been a top Personnel guy. He did not buy the Groceries with the Giants or the Jets, he moaned about Terry Glenn with the Pats yet Terry ended up being a very good player for him. He is an outstanding coach. BP has changed the culture on losing teams but personnel man no he is not