1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WR bombshell?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Nors, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sign Price

Keep Crayton in top 3 mix.

Morgan steps up at #4.

And we cut Key? Aging, no speed and not a fit with Drew (Bledsoe)....
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    What colour is the sky in your world?
  3. BadKarma

BadKarma Active Member

1,067 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nah...we keep him this year and allow Crayton to season, then we get rid of his arse next year! :laugh2:
  4. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,685 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    Throw enough crap against the wall and sooner or later something will stick I suppose.....
  5. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,275 Messages
    483 Likes Received
    Nah, Keyshawn was a very good WR for us last year. What Key does during the game that won't show up in stats is priceless. He does a lot of dirty work that most WR's won't do. Key will be a Cowboy for this year and next.

I would not want to lose Keyshawn Johnson. Wouldn't make sense anyway.
  6. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    oh my god it never ends
  7. PaEagleHater

PaEagleHater New Member

252 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did you hit your head before you signed on?
  8. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,551 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Agreed, Fletch. Key is an awsome blocker downfield. He picks up a penalty for being overzealous once in a while but you can count on him to be in the game emotionally.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,315 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received
    Ya think?
  10. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not a fit for Bledsoe could be true. :D But not because Key is lacking .

A receiver running routes underneath in traffic depends a lot on accuracy..even if he is as big and tough as Key and can muscle his man, the ball does have to be closer in the vicinity than Glenn and Price chasing down flyballs.

I trust Key's excellent possession skills will make Bledsoe look better underneath.

Getting rid of him would be senseless because Bill is NOT letting happen here what happened in Buffalo, when the zones got flooded, and the long ball take away.
  11. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is a cut throat business - Dude is aging, off broken peg. Bust my *** all you want- Parcells is asking this same question.

Price
    Glenn
    Crayton

Key
    Glenn
    Crayton
  12. Boy's fan in Giant land

Boy's fan in Giant land New Member

775 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    C'mon Nors. Your last few posts have actually been pretty decent, and then you come up with something like this. What have you been smokin'???
  13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,054 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Soooo we cut our best blocking WR for a WR who was cut for refusing to block. Hmm.

Quickly - I am a guy who has been pulling for Crayton since his ROOKIE TC, but I have no problem with signing Price. Now, I don't want him for too much $$$, but for the right price, I would be very happy.

But in the meantime - Key is better than Price. No doubt about it. Key has had years of success, was our best WR last year, etc. etc. etc. Cutting him for a guy who had one good year and nothing before or after would be on par with trading two first round draft picks to Seattle for a WR who had one good year and nothing before or after.

Yes - I made that comparison. A very good one, if you ask me.
  14. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Price gets signed thats a major change to our WR crew. If that happens don't rule out major flux.....Chance is Price goes elsewhere -

But I have laid out a logical scenario and yet again the band runs themselves into a corner -

How many Ints was Key responsible for with VT forcing? :eek:
  15. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,083 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    Explain to me how it is Key's fault that Testaverde threw into triple coverage?
  16. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,391 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Everyone is unimpressed with Keyshawn. Has anyone watched him in preseason back in the day? He looks the same because he doesnt try in preseason he saves it for the season..
  17. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Never say never - Price and Glenn starting and Crayton at #3 is a better fit to Bledsoe's game. I read the hate at my thought process. Whatever.....

Key is an aging, injured posession receiver.

Wiiten is Bledsoe's choice. Glenn and Price starting would kick ***.
  18. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received

and his answer is:::

Key
    Glenn
    Crayton
  19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,054 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    Key is a good choice for ANYONE'S GAME. If a QB can't look for him on a slant against a 5'10" CB and have success, that QB has some SERIOUS problems.

Of course, I guess that 'burner' Eric Moulds wasn't good for Bledsoe's game, either.
  20. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,853 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Well said, fully agree.