1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

WTS: 2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio

Discussion in 'Market Zone' started by Sam I Am, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Guitar

• Color: Stained Wine Red. (ie, you can see the wood grain thuogh the color)
    • Hardware: Gold plated.
    • Strings: .10s (Slinky Regulars)
    • Pickups: Dual Humbuckers /w 3-way switch
    • Knobs: (4) - (2) volume and (2) tone knobs. (each humbucker has it's own volume and tone knob)
    • Strap: I have a locking strap on the guitar and will include it with the guitar. That said, I also the original guitar strap studs which also will be included if you do not wish to use the locking strap.
    • Case: Included is an authentic Gibson Les Paul hard shelled case with white interior.

There are absolutely no dents, scratches, cracks, or scuffs on the guitar. The guitar is in mint (like new) condition except for slight wear on the top edge of the bridge near the low E string where the gold plating has begun to wear off. This wear is from my hand resting there while playing. (pictures provided below show this) Otherwise the guitar is in perfect condition.

I paid $1,299 for the guitar in 2010 from Guitar Center. They have since raised the price to $1,319 for this model. I am willing to part with mine for $825 + shipping. I will ship it anywhere in the world as long as you cover the shipping cost.

I will give you 7 days after receiving the guitar to decide if you wish to keep it. If you decide to return it, it *must* be returned in the same condition that you received it.

If you have any questions or would like to see more pictures, let me know and I will provide them.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The next three images show the wearing of the gold plating on the bridge.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,134 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Thats nice. Ive played drums since I was 5. My father plays guitar and has an original 67? Gibson SG pearl white. He has been offered a lot but refuses to sell it.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,093 Messages
    4,569 Likes Received
    I just sold my Lucille and Martin. Nice player.
  4. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
  5. Sam I Am

31,334 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    You can keep your PRS. The mixture of a Les Paul and an Ibanez cover all my required tonal qualities. A PRS doesn't do that for me. If I were to buy a third guitar, it would be a Fender.

The selling of my Les Paul is to help offset the cost of purchasing a new telescope. :) Current running $1,099. :(

ie Telescope > owning two electric guitars. Then it's Ibanez Prestige > Gibson Les Paul for the type of music I mostly play. :)

My Ibanez and a cheap acoustic I got for Christmas.

[IMG]
  6. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Ibanez, go big, go toneless, go heavy. :laugh1:
  7. CowboyMcCoy

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Have you ever played a PRS? I had never played one until I bought one. Actually, I played one and then forked over $2,500 for it. I actually lost a grand by auctioning it. But I needed the money fast, so I didn't even put a buy it now price up.

In any case, I didn't think to put it up here.

Having said that, my schecter c-1 classic is still up there. It's starting bid is at $200, a great deal. More than money, it was depressing to see my guitars sit around not being played. I wish someone would use them because I sort of lost the will to play music. Maybe it'll come back someday; maybe not.

Good luck selling your guitar. I wasn't trying to dis LPs. I like them for certain things. I just liked my PRS so much I spent way too much money on it. And I, too, had two many guitars. LOL
  8. Sam I Am

31,334 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Yeah, I've played a PRS. I play mostly metal which is why I'm a HUGE Ibanez fan. (which tone is important, so your comment is off base since the specific tone relates in a different way) That said, if you play anything else, you need a different guitar which is why I also own a Les Paul which a VERY versatile. (even playing metal)

PRS have great tone overall, but its the flexibility of sound that I find less attractive than mixing both an Ibanez an a Les Paul.

Believe me, I'm not bashing a PRS. I'm just saying that a PRS doesn't fit what I'm looking for better than combining a Les Paul and an Ibanez.

Lets face it. Les Paul's have a sound that is all their own and a PRS cannot play Slayer (or any other crunch metal) anywhere near a Jackson or an Ibanez. (or even a Les Paul for that matter)

The only reason I take an Ibanez over a Jackson is the neck.

Of course, the ability to play crunch metal and everything else are like owning a car and a dump truck. They aren't the same thing and you can never get them to do the same thing in the same fashion. (ie, the dump truck (ibanez) can get you from point A to point B, but it's beastly. A normal car will get you from point A to point B, but it won't haul 50k lbs of dirt.

For me a PRS is beautiful, but doesn't carry it's price tag. Then again, I'm not a musician. I play as a hobby only.