1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Xbox One

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, May 21, 2013.

1. Questfor6

Questfor6 Well-Known Member

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Word, I haven't bought a Sony product in years because of their absolutely rude customer service.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Deal breaker for me. I only have a few games I care to play and unless a new version comes out I won't be buying a One.
  3. Questfor6

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
  4. Questfor6

1,315 Messages
    282 Likes Received
  5. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,486 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Unless I'm reading his quote wrong, I think the issue of sharing a game to play with a friend isn't that big of a deal.

When I play games with my friends (Say Madden) we play one on one against each other anyways. We don't use Xbox Live for that. He specifically says to use it on Xbox Live, you have to pay the fee. So if I just want to hold a madden tournament or Call of Duty I don't pay any additional fee. Even if we play on a friends system. UNLESS we play on xbox live. Am I reading that right?

Also, every game you play automatically downloads to your system, and you can play the game without the disk. So I guess it makes sense to charge the fee, b/c with that set up all you would need is one game and 10 people could download and play it anytime they want on their own consoles. Unless they charge a fee.
  6. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

775 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Am I dumb for buying a 360 now?

I still have the first generation XBOX and my 7 year old son is asking for a better thing. Buying 360 now would be dumb for a 7 year old? He can still play the cheap and used games right and when he is 9 or 10 I can get him this Xbox One
  7. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member

1,036 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    gaming is getting more ridiciolous. DRM has ruined everything. I mean granted I am always connected to the internet (first world problem) but I think it is so dumb that now it will be a requirement to play games on a console. This was going downhill the minute Blizzard and EA started requiring (and Steam to an extent) for you to be logged into a specific client. Only saving grace for steam is that there is an offline mode. I am not too happy with these next gen consoles. It was bad enought to pay a subscirption to XBL (which i painstainkly do) but now there is a fee to install and borrow games with friends/family. Stupid.
  8. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,551 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    Both systems are not backwards compatible.
  9. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,152 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    [youtube]KbWgUO-Rqcw[/youtube]

:laugh2:
  10. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    360 will still live on because Xbox One consoles will not play 360 games. It won't die anytime soon. Ebay is selling the new 360s very cheap now.
  11. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    I'll stick with the 360 till they stop making games for it.
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I don't own any original xbox games so I don't need the 360 to be backwards compatible.
  13. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,891 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    I love my 360 and will be sticking with it for a long time. If I wind up getting a new system it's quite likely going to be the Ps4. I play these systems for games. Not for home entertainment. The Xbox One seems like it's a lot of extra junk I don't care about and with a bunch of rules and regulations I'm not interested in dealing with.

Personally I've had no issue with the Online play on ps3. My kids have one and the time I've played on there with friends I've had zero issue.

I'm not sure what the complaint about it is outside of it not being secure enough if someone decides they want to hack the thing.

I don't think they've killed them yet but I do think this whole thing is the goal of seriously putting a dent in their income and eventually stomping them out.
  14. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We have an xbox 360 but we will not be upgrading to the new XBOX they can take it and shove it where ever they want I hate be strongarmed so it is easy. We will either get a ps4 but if they do something stupid we will just pass on all them and goto PC & tablet type games only.

I also may look at OUYA
  15. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,079 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    This isn't even the worst thing about xboxone IMO

Kinnect is basically a cctv camera in your living room and they intend to use it

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/the-extent-of-kinect-2-s-visual-drm-is-beginning-to-emerge/0116138

That's pretty disturbing
  16. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,843 Messages
    266 Likes Received
  17. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Microsoft made it official that you need to have an internet connection when you turn it on @ least once a day in order to play.

I do have internet connection, but it becomes an issue for those that like to travel with it or in an area that doesn't have a good internet signal.
  18. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,079 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Doesn't seem like to much of an annoyance now but 10 years from now when they shut down the servers that check to see if you can play your games how are you going to play your games you bought?
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,021 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    So wait...

This camera on the X Box is something they could potentially use to look in your room?
  20. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I like Xbox, but this thing looks stupid. I think I will wait for the redesign version that is sure to come in about 2-3 years.