1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Yesteryear

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by bbgun, Oct 17, 2008.

1. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    From a book I had as a kid, called "The Dallas Cowboys: An Illustrated History," by Richard Whittingham (1981). Here are some of the better pix/trivia blurbs.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

This one's for Hos, who's had a tough week. The forced smile on Marshall's face says it all.

[IMG]
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Oh my gosh, that is too dang cool. It even still calls them the Rangers.
  3. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,977 Messages
    1,863 Likes Received
    GREAT pictures. Lotsa memories there. The Rams need to go back to those old unis'.
  4. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Awesome, bb. Love the first pic of Meredith and the one of Tony Hill in the blue jersey.

And this:
    [IMG]

is too funny. :laugh2:
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,408 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    Thanks, bb. As usual, you didn't disappoint. Appreciate your efforts.
    Excuse me, I......I, um. Have to go. :cry2:
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Awesome pics

You gotta love the Too Tall pic :laugh2:
  7. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the pictures BB.

I always wondered what Bedfore Wynne looked like. I have never seen a picture of George Preston Marshall before either.
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The last place he wanted to be (besides Harlem!) was in that room between those two men.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,377 Messages
    4,229 Likes Received
    They are kooler but no no no no. I will have flashbacks of a few loses to them in those uniforms. Have mercy I couldn't take it.
  10. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BB,you always have the best pics and books from yesteryear.I always remember lots of great memories when I see pics you post.:bow:
  11. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Yeah, I read a book a while back that went into detail about Marshall and all the pranks Murchinson Jr. played on him.
  12. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,385 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    I had this book myself. The forword is by Roger Staubach. The book went to the 1980 season. I lost mine in a house fire. It is an awsome book. I love the story of Roger walking the ledge out side of Tex's office and jumping in through the window. Scared Tex pretty good. I don't remember how many floors up they were.
    Herb Adderly said he feel asleep on the bus from the hotel to Tulane Stadium the morning of Super Bowl VI. Said he might have been "too relaxed." :laugh2:
    I also liked the predictions the book listed that were made before the SB XII:

"We bent the Steel and crushed the snake, Dallas will be a piece of cake!" by an unnamed Broncos fan.

Howard Cosell saying the Broncos would win SB XII. That one worked out well, didn't it:D

"Orange Crush is soda water baby, you drink it. It don't win football games," from Harvey Martin.

The pics are awsome;)

(Edit: Sorry, I did not read where you posted the Staubach story earlier in the thread.)
  13. sk0aL

sk0aL New Member

892 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think those old Rams unis are horrendous. Almost as bad as the throwback the Eagles wore last year.

[IMG]