1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

You can have Keyshawn Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WV Cowboy, Dec 5, 2006.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    ouch, now thats telling whats on your mind. btw i still wouldnt have traded Galloway for Key. when everyone knew that Key was going to be released.
  2. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received

That's interesting. Considering what a straight edged guy you were over at the Austin360 board, I find it surprising that you take this stance regarding one of the more controversial players in the league.
  3. Ben_n_austin

Ben_n_austin Benched

2,898 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    A lesson taught, is a lesson learned....

Nice post.
  4. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,449 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I agree with you... but you know how others are.
    [IMG]
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    Thanks so much for your pleasant demeanor in your response, and your kind words.

At least you didn't resort to name calling,(such as hypocrite) or questioning my intellect & morality.

I really wasn't aware that I was involved in any "battle", ... however I have never claimed to be that intellectual, (I get by) but I will stand on my morals.

Maybe if/when I do become more intellectual, I will be able to call people hypocrite and question their intellect and morality.

But if that is what being intellectual means, I hope it doesn't happen.

It does strike me as funny that you accuse me of bashing fellow posters, (which while I have defended Owens, I haven't bashed a fellow poster personally) and then it seems that you proceed to go on to bash me.

It is also interesting that you are worried for TO, that I am making others dislike him, ... trust me, they disliked him way before he came to Dallas, ... which was way before I began to stand up for him.

But thanks again for all of your kind words and friendly advice.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    I am forming my opinion on Owens on what he has done since arriving in Dallas, not from what is projected by the media.

I will call him out if he does something wrong, but not for everything that others do.

I have called him on being late for, or falling asleep in meetings, (unacceptable) ... but I can't hold it against him for pulling a hamstring, breaking a bone in his hand, experiencing a drug interaction (which I have experienced) nor for a disagreement with a position coach.(which happens on every team, it is not a big deal, ... players and coaches both say that it happens and everyone moves on)

I call him on it if he drops a pass, but I don't consider "drops" the same as others do either. A poorly thrown pass is not a drop.

But if anyone cares to notice, Owens is not the only Cowboy player that I defend. I defend them all and do not bash any of them.

I do call them out if they break the law or something, I can't defend that.

But each player is different, and none are perfect. Owens is expected (by some on this board) to never get a penalty, never drop a pass, never make a mistake or say the wrong thing.

I take up for Witten or Glenn if they drop a pass, for Romo if he throws a bad pass, for a DB if they blow a coverage or miss a tackle, ... so I will take up for Owens too if I feel he is getting a bum deal.

BTW, What was your username on A-360 ?
  7. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received

It was obvious he was upset at the no-call. You guys are trying to make something out of nothing.

Nobody in the NFL has temper tantrums I guess, and not only that every time they do it is front page news:rolleyes:

I also never knew that TO was victimized by his temper tantrums.

Please!!!