1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

You Know Who Duane Thomas Reminded Me Of?...

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by CaptainAmerica, Dec 25, 2005.

1. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    ...For Christmas, I got the Cowboys history DVD set today from my son and was watching a little of it.

I saw several runs of Duane Thomas and I have to say it's an absolute shame that guy didn't have his head on straight, because he could have been a HOFer. Watching him run with his size, speed and cuts reminded me a lot of watching Larry Johnson run this year.

Just an observation on a slow, late Christmas night.
  2. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You are very correct Sir. He was smoother than Larry Johnson......his running seemed effortless.
  3. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,016 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    You are correct. He just glided in and out of his cuts and showed such a burst. What an athlete for the early 70's. He would dominate in today's game, if his head was right.
  4. MinnesotaCowboy

MinnesotaCowboy Member

629 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    That's what happens when you let Jim Brown get in your head! Thomas was too immature to listen to his coaches and fellow teammates........HOF's don't always give the best advice especially when there were hints of racism. He sure was a wonderful athlete. :confused:
  5. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,006 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    He was off before the pro's There are stories about him being pretty off-beat from his college days, just from people around the town, his teamates, etc.