1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Your All-Time Favorite Cowboy Game...

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by SteveOS, Jun 26, 2006.

1. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What is your "All-Time Favorite Cowboy Game"?
  2. THUMPER

THUMPER Papa

9,522 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It must be the offseason for all these threads to start over and over again but I'm bored so here goes... again...

The 1971 SB vs the Dolphins. We were finally the champions instead of next year's champs. So SWEET!!!:starspin
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The 1992 NFC Title game against San Francico is Candlestick. We had indeed arrived.....
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BTW, a close second being Emmitt's broken shoulder game in the Meadowlands in 1993
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,067 Messages
    1,921 Likes Received
    Easy... Super Bowl 27. I've never enjoyed a game more.

Second choice Super Bowl 12.

Third choice the '92 NFC Championship game.
  6. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Of the ones on TV, Super Bowl 27.

In person, probably the win over the Redskins in 1988.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,410 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    Roger Staubach's last regular season game. 2 TD passes in the last 4 minutes of the game.

Dallas 35
    Washington 34

Nothing better than appreciating genius at work, and Roger was that day.
  8. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,518 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Hard to call this my favorite game but I will call it the game in my video collection that I watch most often. I think I subconciously still believe that somehow we're going to complete that comeback instead of falling short. 1994 season NFC Title game in SF.

Aikman, Emmitt and others just displayed so much heart in that game that I do enjoy reliving it.
  9. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's hard to pick one.

I loved the NFC title game blasting (37-7) over the Rams in front of 100,000 arrogant fans in the L.A. Coliseum in 1975. The Hail Mary happened the week before and everyone thought Dallas would roll over against the heavily favored Rams. As John Wayne would say, "Not hardly."

Also really enjoyed the 1992 NFC title win over the 49ers in muddy Candlestick. It was a statement game.

And of course, the Super Bowls.
  10. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah.

1975 is my all-time favorite non-championship season. Landry was at his creative peak, I think. He got everything he could out of the talent that he had on that team.

Yeah. It is one of the biggest wins ever in Cowboys history.

As far as "most enjoyable games" go, I'd go with Jimmy Johnson's first Super Bowl. There wasn't much tension or suspense. It wasn't a nail-biter. It was a coronation. I enjoyed the whole thing. No suspense. Sometimes that is a good thing. :)
  11. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,040 Messages
    442 Likes Received
    another favorite of mine(I gave you one last week on similar thread) is the NFC title game on way to SBXXX.

back and forth and then finally beating the packers in texas.
  12. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,390 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Definitely the game against the Giants when Emmitt played with the separated shoulder. That was a hell of a game.

And 52-17 also.
  13. MossBurner

MossBurner New Member

505 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Week 2, last season. 14-13.
  14. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, cling to that glimmer of hope, Lord knows there havent been many lately :lmao:
  15. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,518 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    This reminds me of those players whose team is down 44-0 but then they get a late meaningless TD and thrust their index finger high in the air.

Redskin fans should be ashamed of how Dallas has owned them the last many years even when our team has been way down. Yet their 14-13 win last year has become their finger in the air.

Whatever...
  16. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The first SB against Buffalo because eveyone was hyping the Bills so much it was sickening.
  17. 2much2soon

2much2soon Active Member

2,435 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Mine too.
    Dallas had been down for so long, as they began to pummel Buffalo, it really sunk in how great they were.
    I am always surprised how that team never gets the respect as maybe one of the top 3-5 all time greats in league history.
    They completely annihilated a Buffalo team that was loaded at every position on both sides of the ball.
    The ease with which Dallas beat them was frightening.
    They were simply noticably stronger, faster, and more skilled than a team that had dominated most of the league for several years.
  18. fiveandcounting

fiveandcounting New Member

1,592 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    first thing thats pops into mind is the final game of 79, 2 big comebacks in what was, for all intents and purposes, a playoff game (winner made the playoffs, loser didnt). And oh yeah, it was against the dreaded foreskins
  19. CM Duck

CM Duck I'm breaking the 4th wall...

999 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Besides every Super Bowl victory here they are.

In order...

1) '92 Championship game vs the whiners.

2) The "one armed" Emmitt performance vs the Giants.

3) the game vs the Eagles @ the "vet"(I believe the 91-92 season?) where we finally got over the "hump" of beating the birds. The one where K-Mart ran back a punt return for a TD.
  20. MossBurner

MossBurner New Member

505 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wasn't waving a finger. I just answered the question posed in the post.