1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Your All-Time Favorite Cowboy Game...

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by SteveOS, Jun 26, 2006.

1. J-DOG

J-DOG Active Member

2,135 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You got my first choice. That was an amazing game and anyone who watched it will always remember that one. Staubach got on a serious roll...great plays from Preston Pearson, Staubach and how about Larry Cole making the defensive play of the game by tackling Riggins for a loss on a 3rd and short!
    Oh and to top it all off how about Charlie Waters and Brad Sham's radio broadcast with Water's telling Sham "You gott a believe Brad! You gotta love the Cowboys".
    Listening to that broadcast and listening to Charlie Waters explain how Staubach would never quit and how the players always felt they could win with Roger in there...that game had it all.
    Great choice!:starspin :)
  2. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,365 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    the 1992 nfc title game in the mud of candlestick. the slant to harper when everyone was thinking jimmy would play it safe.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,948 Messages
    4,995 Likes Received
    Agreed. The historical importance of that game is very often over looked and underestimated.
  4. DWelch1775

DWelch1775 Couch Warmer

460 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I think i've answered this question a hundred times this offseason.
  5. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,700 Messages
    987 Likes Received
    Yeah I miss that from THIS team and the teams of late... need that killer instinct... play the game TO WIN!
  6. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,438 Messages
    335 Likes Received
    the seattle game 2 years ago (my sig pic). guys had left the bar already and some had even thrown away their parlay tickets. then we make the biggest come from behind in recent history.

2nd place was the monday nighter in 2003 vs the giants with quincy, antonio and cundiff pulling a miracle come from behind win. that one was a classic too.
  7. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,166 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    1994 NFC Championship Game.

For some reason, I remember being connected with that game by the time the score was already 21-0, 9ers. Does anyone remember was pre-empted the game that day? I went from a anxious/nervous pace to a "what the heck" attitude when that screen flashed on and Pat Summerall said "do not adjust your television sets...the score IS San Francisco 21, Dallas 0."

The FOX team then replayed the SF scores. I think one was an INT returned for TD, a Ricky Watters screen for TD, and a fumble return for TD. Is that correct? I'm going from memory since that day was the last time I saw this game. (Would love to have it on DVD if anyone knows how I could go about that).

Usually I was pretty upset after a defeat, but I felt good after that one...showing the world just how much talent and heart the Cowboys had back then. I knew they'd be back on talent alone.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,209 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    I'll stray away from the obvious ones. Mine was Dallas destroying Washington 27-0 at Fed Ex in 2003 and Fed Ex being taken over by Cowboys fans. Even at our lowest and their highest (1991), Texas Stadium never had that happen.

Rich.........
    and they call us fair weather fans.