1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Your Honest Opinion on Skins Vs Seahawks?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Stryker44, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Holdenteller67

Holdenteller67 Benched

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the Skins are really good. RGIII and Morris are amazing, but the Seattle defense is tough and Wilson runs that offense well. Seattle to me looks more ready to go to the next level right now. Plus I don't want to see you guys win. :D
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I don't know about crushed but I think Seattle matches up very well vs the Skins. I think the difference is the Seahawks defense. Both Washington and Seahawks offense are similar but Seahawks defense in my view has a big edge
  3. Sonny#9

Sonny#9 Well-Known Member

1,576 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I will say though that Justin Wilson was pretty much the man:

[IMG]

Here is the thing I think a lot of people are ignoring:

Seattle is night and day difference on the road. They played a .452 (with two ties) strength of schedule on the road. Over the full course of the season, there were only 3 teams with a softer schedule. And they went 3-5.

Contrast that with Washington at home: Playing 4 playoff teams, going 2-2 in those games, and beating both the Giants and Cowboys, who were on the cusp of the playoffs. Finishing 5-3, winning 5 of the last 6. Yes the Skins crapped the bed against Carolina, but then again, Seattle lost to Arizona, St. Louis, Miami, AND Detroit on the road...

Seattle's pass defense is legitimate, however, their run D is overrated. They give up 4.5 per carry on the ground.

It should be a great game...and honestly, I have no idea who is going to win.
  4. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,716 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    Skins are not going to rush for nearly 300yds against the Seahawks. Our defense will make any rushing game look like the best ever. Skins threw just what, 10 times against us? We had no contain with Ware at all when they ran the read option play. Seahawks defense is much better than ours and one of the best in the league. They have speed and power.

This will be a good game. Probably the one I'm looking forward to the most out of the 4 wild card games. I've always liked the Seahawks since the old days. Will be pulling for them and Russell Wilson. I was a fan of his at Wisky.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,120 Messages
    3,174 Likes Received
    You know, I had completely forgot about him until that typo. I agree.
  6. Tricericon

Tricericon Member

874 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The Seahawks are much, much better than the Skins and match up with them very well. The Redskins winning would be a bigger surprise than Seahawks over Saints a couple years ago was.

Of course, AGS.

Bonus: The winner will probably beat the Falcons.
  7. PiLfan

PiLfan New Member

6 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agree, it will be a tough game for the skins.
  8. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,820 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Hos, that typo reminded me of the Cajun comedian. He was hilarious. I remember listening to his cassettes as a kid, as my Dad was had several of them. My favorite was the one about the football player....i believe it was the state championship game of Louisiana. The starting QB was injured, and maybe the backup....anyway, the coach either put in the 3rd string QB or the punter. He told him to to run it on the first play, run it on the 2nd, run it on the 3rd, and then on the 4th play punt the heck out of the ball. Well on the first 3 downs, they got all the way down to close to the goalline....then on the 4th play, the kid punted the ball out of the stadium.....at least that is how I remember the story, I could be off a bit. Still, it was hilarious. His accent and expressions would have me rolling.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,120 Messages
    3,174 Likes Received
    Sorry guys. "Justin" Wilson pretty much did exactly what I thought he would and so did the Hawks Defense.

I hope the kid isn't hurt bad. I hate seeing talent get hurt. Remember you said injuries didn't cost us against you, so don't blame this loss on his being less than 100% for this game. Seattle flat out beat you.