1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Your top 10 Fav movies

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by LatinMind, Feb 1, 2007.

1. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes
  2. Deputy493

Deputy493 New Member

485 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off is still a classic, not in my top 10, but probably in my top 25.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Looking at Winki's av

Full Metal Jacket
  4. Deputy493

Deputy493 New Member

485 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    and trust me, that was pretty much exactly how Marine boot camp was (except longer, 12 weeks).....well back in 1988 anyway.
  5. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Scarface
    GodFather I and II
    LOTR Trilogy
    Boondock Saints
    Donnie Darko
    Reservoir Dogs
    Pulp Fiction
    Kill Bill 1&2
    Usual Suspects
    Cowboys - John Wayne baby

BTW: Mine goes to 11

Grapes of Wrath :D
  6. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,199 Messages
    351 Likes Received
    If it's going to 11, number 11 should be This is Spinal Tap.
  7. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    My wife....bless her south Texas heart....thought Spinal Tap was a real band. :D
  8. Deputy493

Deputy493 New Member

485 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She didn't recognize Lenny?
  9. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I guess not :laugh2:

ROCK N ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. cowboyskid29

cowboyskid29 Member

221 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    LOTR, the king, fellowship, towers
    Sin City
    Batman Begins
    Dodge Ball
    Talledega Nights
    Grandamas Boy
    constantine
    Napolean Dynamite
    wedding crashers
    happy gilmore
    billy madison
  11. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,005 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    This reminded me: The Long Riders.

Though I do like Kurt Russell, I would have to watch them again to get a good idea who did it better.
  12. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,005 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Yeah, Eli stole the show in that one.
  13. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,615 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    continue with the sports theme

auto racing: six pack, cannonball run 1&2, stroker ace, days of thunder, driven, talladega nights the legend of ricky bobby

soccer: victory, mean machine, bend it like beckham

golf: caddyshack, happy gilmore

boxing: gladiator, rocky 1-4, teen wolf 2, penitentiary

basketball: the fish that saved pittsburgh, harlem globetrotters on gilligan's island, teen wolf, above the rim, white men cant jump
  14. needforspeed

needforspeed Legend in my spare time

667 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not necessarily top 10, but just fun to watch:

Maverick

What the Deaf Man Heard

Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings

Top Secret

Airplane!

Ghostbusters

Stripes

Groundhog Day
  15. CowboyJeff

CowboyJeff New Member

1,905 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ahhh...one of my favorite movies of all time. "If I'm gonna get my **** shot off for a word, that word is ********."
  16. lane

lane The Chairman

10,429 Messages
    375 Likes Received

forgot

dodgeball
    starsky and hutch
    joe dirt
    emmett otter's jug band christmas
    coming to america
    the nutty professor with eddie murphry
    48 hours
    drop dead gorgeous
    blind date
    the blues brothers
  17. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I use movie lines a great deal as replacements for the default Windows sounds... for the "Exclamation", it's Belushi in Animal House, hollerin' "Holy S***!!!"... it used to be Jerry Lee Lewis, singing "goodness gracious, Great Balls of Fire"...

When I have new mail, John Cleese pops up from one of the Monty Python bits; you hear an arrow thwacking into a tree, and Cleese says "Message for you, sir"...

I've already mentioned how I used the great line from Cool Hand Luke, but sadly, I just don't have a use for it now that I'm off dialup... one of the error dialogues is set to the line from Braveheart, "the good Lord tells me he can get me out of this mess, but he's pretty sure you're fooked"... yet another is Redford and Newman from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, the scene where they jump off the cliff-- "ohhhhh, SHIIIIIIII"... well, you get the idea...

And not that this is particularly relevant, but my Windows Start is "Texas Fight", as played by the UT marching band, my Exit Windows is "The Eyes of Texas"...

Got all my icons personalized too, mostly sports logos-- Cowboys and Horns and Orioles, oh my... LOL...

My computer is a reflection of me, I think... had a lot of fun getting it that way, early on I must have downloaded 500 different wav files, lines from movies, brief clips from songs... collected desktop themes, went into their folders and saved the icons and wav files I liked to folders I designated, trashed the rest... downloaded all sorts of screensavers, discarded three quarters of them after living with them briefly...

If I'm gonna spend that much time sittin' in front of the bleepin' thing, might as well fix it up, right?? :D
  18. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    As an old west quasi historian I have a lot of opinions on westerns that portray actual events. Earp was a shameless self promoter and his version of the events of OK Corral is the only known version to the majority of the world. Earp literally took this story to Hollywood himself trying to sell it.

I won't tell you which one to like better or bore you with some of the details that the popular storyline avoid, or even the eventual fate of Ike Clanton. I've studied all of it. I even know the great great nephew of Wyatt Earp, whose name is Wyatt Earp. No joke, he is a stuntman/gunfighter for the Arizona Gunfighters who do gunfight shows all over this state. Some of them appeared in a documentary I wrote and I get in to all of their shows for free. They do the popular version in their shows.

Long and short of this is, Wyatt was no saint like the Henry Fonda version in "My Darling Clementine" which is a great movie. Nor were his brothers or Doc. Were they more law abiding than the Clantons, et al? Probably. Those 2 movies come closer to the true story than almost 100 years of Earp's version. Therefore I like them both.

I agree with you that I like Costner better as Earp than Russell. Kilmer, for me, was Doc. I think he aced the part. Both stole the show in their movies in my opinion.
  19. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,463 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  20. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,329 Messages
    2,209 Likes Received

Interesting post Hos...

Isn't there some question about which group actually fired first? I mean the casualty list was pretty one-sided... it seems that either the Earps shot first or the Clanton group was composed of guys that couldn't hit the broad-side of a barn.

One of my favorite versions was a sorta "documentary" type 1-hour show that if I recall was done in the late 70's. It almost had a "You were there" feel to it. The action parts were done in black & white and had the picture quality of an old silent movie. It really struck me at the time.