1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Zach Martin? Are you serious?

Discussion in 'Jerry/Garrett/Rant Zone' started by GiveDezdaBall88, May 8, 2014.

1. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,616 Messages
    131 Likes Received
  2. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    I am pretty sure the OP is just looking for attention.
    Red Dragon likes this.
  3. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,885 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    Officially the dumbest post of the night!
    Red Dragon likes this.
  4. GiveDezdaBall88

GiveDezdaBall88 Active Member

348 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Does this guy rush the passer? I'm sure he would of made a difference when the saints embarrassed us last year.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I agree that there was several players that I would rather have drafted if they were available, but these 8-8 records have a way of putting the team in a bad draft position. Martin is far from being the player I wanted, but for the Cowboys, their choices were limited. Simply put, there was not any other player that offered much value at 16. Defense will have to be addressed when the value is there.
  6. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    would either of the safeties had made an instant difference?
  7. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Um, no.....OL don't rush the passer jackwagon. Pretty sure that is Henry Melton's job. Which DL would you have reached for?
  8. WittenFan

WittenFan Member

99 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    As a Cowboys fan, I hope every player on my team makes the ProBowl. That means they are good. If you hate the pick that much why don't you just get a head start and leave now?
  9. GiveDezdaBall88

348 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Kristie the offense isn't the issue, it's the defense. Did u not watch the bears or saints game?
  10. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,602 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Mayock said he only saw Martin get beat one time all last year, and that was one play at the Senior Bowl by Donald. He's a good player.
  11. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Wayment.... so we've heard for years about how bad our O-line was and how we never draft studs on the line anymore, and how we have turnstiles for linemen... Fast forward to 2014 and we have finally invested in a pro-level offensive line, and we are still doing it wrong? I just don't get it.

Yeah this guy sucks because he doesn't play defense.:rolleyes:

Newsflash: There was not a defensive player available that would not have been a reach where we were drafting other than Clinton-Dix or Pryor, but I am sure Martin had a higher grade than both of them. Also, nobody was willing to trade with the Cowboys. If you saw the war room, you'd know that Steven Jones was on the phones trying to get a trade partner but no team agreed. So the Cowboys had to stay put and take the BPA.
    Rogerthat12 likes this.
  12. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    yes, and thats not to take away from Martin. Excellent player, but he doesnt play defense.
  13. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,386 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    As I said in the draft thread, draftniks overrate the importance of offensive linemen for the same reason that music critics never review deep cuts but not the singles. They think it shows their expertise.

OL is important, and you don't want bad line like we had a few years back, but you can win with a solid but unspectacular line in a way you rarely do with the same at QB or D.
  14. GiveDezdaBall88

348 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Why do you go by draft grades? Would u rather kan chancellor, richard Shernan or Martin?
  15. GiveDezdaBall88

348 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    So what you guys are saying us we'll score 28 points but give up 40. Coo
  16. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

983 Messages
    530 Likes Received
    Actually their Special teams lost them the Giants game, And then Kap threw the ball to the wrong WR in the Ravens game and Seattle game. Their OL had nothing to do with losing those games.

Besides if 3 Conf. Championships and 1 Superbowl is not easy to accomplish but yet your going to argue that the lost. Haha wish Dallas could to that in 3 years
  17. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,360 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    Please do not feed the troll.
    FuzzyLumpkins, Dash28 and brymatt94 like this.
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,897 Messages
    1,001 Likes Received
    Some of you guys with Rowdy avatars must think that we all have Alzheimer's and that your own posts disappear into the ether after 15 minutes. OP is clearly mad that we didn't draft Johnny Football, he was just babbling about it before the draft. I have no idea why he's pretending to be sore we didn't go defense.
    brymatt94 likes this.
  19. brymatt94

brymatt94 Well-Known Member

494 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    Did you get your psychic powers through nuclear waste ooorr?
  20. GiveDezdaBall88

348 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Id rather seantrel Henderson, he will be a better pro than Martin.