1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Zobel'sBlog:What I'm Hearing (Trading up or down etc) for NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Apr 27, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    What I’m Hearing – 4/27 (AM version)
    April 27th, 2011 Here’s what I’m hearing:
    http://draftheadquarters.com/dhqblogs/
    Carolina – Cam Newton will be the pick.

Denver – As mentioned on this site, it’s likely down to Patrick Peterson and Nick Fairley, with Peterson being the favorite.

BREAKING: Denver targeting Peterson at No. 2 Overall
    April 27th, 2011 In this exclusive, breaking news report, I’ve been told that the Denver Broncos are keying in on LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson to take the SEC defensive back at No. 2 overall.
  2. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,685 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    I think I just heard Hos' dream shattering into a million pieces. :eek:

And I have seen other places too that this is true PP is the pick at #2.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,914 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    interesting i think locker might go in the top 10...3 QB's in the top ten:eek:
  4. Cowboy from New York

Cowboy from New York Active Member

1,681 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Translation: "Someone come up and trade with us."
  5. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really want PP badly but maybe it is a blessing.
  6. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Pretty much a perfect situation for us if we stay at 9 or trade down with the Texans.
  7. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    So Dareus isn't in their thinking at all?
  8. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I sent that to Hos, wanted to brace him if true, so he wont get down and out:starspin
  9. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    Man took the words right out of my mouth. It's funny cuz on espn mcshay just said it's almost a lock they take dareus
  10. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    if i was denver i would take dareus, they need help on def line for sure

pass rush and tackling like dareus does covers up alot in the secondary when you get a good pass rusher
  11. brickman

brickman Well-Known Member

1,372 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think if we can't trade up to get PP (like at #6 or so), we trade down and get one of the OL or JJ Watt. #9 is too high to pick one of them as no one really stands out with the Offensive Linemen and I think you can get Watt further down in the 1st round. Might as well pick up another draft pick or two without sacrificing anything.
  12. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,597 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    If Dareus drops to us, I would not hesitate to grab him but that probably won't happen. If these rumors are even remotely true, we might be able to trade down twice and still get a good OT.
  13. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Boooooooooooooooo (if true)
  14. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
  15. hornitosmonster

hornitosmonster Well-Known Member

4,481 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Nick Fairley is dropping. He went from being the #1 after the title game to who knows where. That is what happens when your soft and lazy.
  16. fffiasco

fffiasco Active Member

769 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    If denver gets a healthy dumervil and dareus. They would have a strong tandem to build that defense around
  17. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    i think thats in the cowboys plans, jerry jones did say cowboys might try to trade up, but just cost to much, and that the cowboys had at least 8 calls to trade down, if peterson is gone before cleveland's pick, i think cowboys will trade down,

could possibly even trade down twice, get a 3rd and 4th possibly

i think as OL goes Tyron Smith, Costanzo, Carmini are in the mix
    DE's are Jordan and J J Watt
    Lbs are Aldon Smith; possibly quinn

if trade down to 18th pick Pouncey at OG is in the mix but we need a ROT for sure
  18. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Carolina takes either Dareous or PP
    Denver takes the other guy

Carolina let me ask a Q - would you want Cam Newton the face of your franchise - not me

plus theres Luck coming out next year

sorry I pick one of the two top D players this year and hope we get a shot at Luck
  19. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats what 49ers head coach is thinking too, not have a great year, possibly trade down get an extra 1 to trade up next year and get Luck :starspin
  20. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,914 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    idk the more and more i think about it the more and more I think we could trade down maybe twice or get a good offer to trade to lets say pick 17 or 18 (recieve maybe a 2nd and 5th or 4th)...then at that spot draft pouncey (hopefully he is there). then in the 2nd draft a OT that perhaps slip. Lets remember doug free will be back and if we draft a OT it will be to play RT. So I think you can find a olinemen in the 2nd round that can play OT. Then we will have another 2nd rounder to get a corner or safety or whatever.

The reason is I know columbo was bad last year but RT you can find in the 2nd round or beyond. But a good guard who can start day one and also play center(he will be just as good as guorde (sp?) who snaps the ball bad).
    He could take Davis place and allow us to cut him because of his bad contract and bad play. Lets not forget you can protect a Rt with a TE or running back. Bad guard play can get QB's killed because of the pressure up the middle>
    leonard davis already got bench last year for his poor play but he sucks at pass blocking and struggles to get push in the run game. We need someone more committed at that spot.

Trading back will net us more picks to get more talent and allow us to get rid of some bad contracts or bad players.