1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Zogby: Majority Favor Strikes on Iran

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Oct 30, 2007.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I don't know what a bugbear is, but I know what Iran is and so does our government and the normal people who live there. Iran brings it's own troubles on itself by meddling in affairs that don't concern it. Israel does not care for Iran and wouldn't acknowledge it's existence if Iran kept to itself.

American 'meddling' has been due to direct conflicts of it's own interests and, what I suspect you're alluding to, due to the Cold War.

Iran's attack on U.S. Servicemen in Saudi Arabia was not a defensive action, or an act of protecting a resource, it was a petulant act of vengeance.

You must have me mistaken with someone else, I'm not losing any sleep. I can simply recognize a situation and the proper context of it without interjecting my own emotions into it.
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    [IMG]

they are good enemies for a 2nd level party. :)

Now let me save you some time arguing with Sassy.

in Sassy's eyes ......

U.S. = the Bad guys who rape defenseless countries for their resources.

Terrorist = misunderstood peace lovers just trying to protect themselves.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Hey look, it's a Persian Warlord...:eek:

Wow, I had no idea a bugbear really was something. I thought it was a 'figger' of speech.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    It is also used in place of the word bogeyman by people who want to sound sophisticated ..... Sassy was just being Sassy.
  5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    First part of the post is excellent. :laugh1:

Not so high on the second part. :p
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,499 Messages
    3,806 Likes Received
    I agree I would rather Israel not be the ones to act. I would hope the world reacts and handles the situation of stopping Iran from developing Nuclear weapons. My only point is if the world does not stop Iran Israel will. They have the most to lose by inaction.
  7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,524 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    By the same token, couldn't I respond "Heavens to Murgatroyd , it's a Persian Warlord, a veritable existential threat to the people of the United States. Take us to DEFCON 1 and scramble the bombers." Exit stage left and leave the next administration to deal with the fallout.
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,941 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  9. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Hey I already said I think it's going to take someone more competent than this admin to handle it...

I don't favor laying a wallop on Iran, even if they deserve it.