1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Zoners: Top 5 Most Undesirable Cities

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by casmith07, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,087 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received

I've been on the South side of Philly plenty of times and never had one problem or thought it was all that bad. It's not beautiful or anything like that, but far from a hellhole. OTOH, the north side of Philly......

YR
  2. ArmyCowboy

ArmyCowboy New Member

951 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Think Ft Stewart is bad, try getting stationed at Ft Riley Kansas.

Of all the places I've lived, that's the place I would least like to go back to.
  3. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I was just informed that they are transferring you back to Ft Riley, Kansas. ;)
  4. ArmyCowboy

ArmyCowboy New Member

951 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I still own a house in El Paso.

Maybe I can jack up the rent a bit now. :p:
  5. ArmyCowboy

ArmyCowboy New Member

951 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :eek:

Nope, haven't been here long enough and I'm retiring at the end of this tour at Ft Sam, anyway.

:D
  6. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Haha I spent my first year of school at Fort Stewart, GA my dad was stationed their
  7. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gary Indiana

Hell the entire state of Indiana and Illinois both suck

Yes I lived in Indiana and spent a lot of times in both States since I have a lot relatives up in those areas
  8. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Got the Cushy assignment Fort Sam I use to go there in the Reserves to pick up and drop off equipment for repairs, depot decommission and crap like that
  9. ArmyCowboy

ArmyCowboy New Member

951 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    After three deployments, I'm not complaining.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,266 Messages
    2,696 Likes Received
    I forgot Newark! Man I hate Newark! The only place worse than Newark is Brick City itself (Jersey City).

Man I could possibly up my list to 10. Newark, Jersey City, and Staten Island would definitely make the top 10 cut.

Oh and Shreveport, LA...holy CRAP.
  11. casmith07

27,266 Messages
    2,696 Likes Received
    Fort Riley is not that bad these days. The housing situation has gotten better in Manhattan and the post itself is bustling pretty well. It's still the midwest, though.

Fort Stewart...I swear I'd rather go back to Fort Benning than go to Fort Stewart. Absolutely dreadful. Savannah is okay, though. But not better than Columbus, IMO due to proximity to Atlanta.

Atlanta is only good far north though, in Marietta, Alpharetta, and the Buckhead/Lenox area. Downtown ATL is fun until about the Hard Rock Cafe. Everything south of that is a train wreck until you get to Turner Field.

I'm more than likely going to settle down in Dallas when I retire from the service. I want to buy a home in Frisco.
  12. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,087 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    White trash and riff raff in Cobb County. I lived in Vinings for 5 years and hated to cross into Marietta and Smyrna because nobody makes their kids mind there of what little there is to do there.

Ugh. The land of people who make $80K a year and think they are the most important person in the world. I seriously contemplated bringing a Louisville Slugger in my car with me from all of the jerks on 400. You can't walk anywhere around there because everything is hilly and there's all traffic. And 'culture' there is strip malls.

That was before they completely shut down the nightlife scene (which was decent). They got the bright idea to completely shut every bar down so they could build sky rise condos, right at the beginning of the housing crisis. Now they are all practically empty, Buckhead looks like a ghost town and all tourists either ask what happened to the bars or where that Buckhead place they heard was supposed to be good. The city tried to send everybody to 5 Points, which will never happen because it's too seedy. They tried Atlantic Station which is more or less another overpriced shopping area with a high crime rate. That leads up to the Va. Highlands which is overrated and overcramped since Buckhead isn't around anymore.

Midtown is okay. Downtown is pretty horrendous and you never know what block is going to be okay or you might get robbed on. Around Turner Field is still horrendous. Then you get south enough into the Fayetteville and Newnan areas...but there's nothing do to there.

YR
  13. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,843 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Shreveport is harmless...

Does it suck? yep... but not as bad as many others...
  14. casmith07

27,266 Messages
    2,696 Likes Received
    Point taken.

Man...when you really mention that you're right.

Haha...you're right about that too. There are really only a handful of spots to go at night, if that...and you're right about 5 Points. Shady as hell.

Midtown is okay for about 5 blocks, and ONLY on Peachtree.

You're right. I never realized how bad it was. Haha.
  15. casmith07

27,266 Messages
    2,696 Likes Received
    I wouldn't go anywhere else, lol.
  16. ArmyCowboy

ArmyCowboy New Member

951 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    As far as Riley goes, the housing prices are still ridiculous in Manhattan and especially Junction City, the weather is horrible and there's absolutely nothing to do around there.

Now, I like being stationed in 1ID, the division was awesome, but the area is terrible.
  17. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    HOUSTON.

I hate everything about this god-forsaken city. My mom is from there and my grandma still lives in North Houston by herself. The highways are poorly marked, the car-pool lane system is ******** (you have to get off the highway and come to complete stop, or venture out 2 miles to find the HOV entrance), the city itself is ugly (and smelly), the weather is the WORST in the state of Texas, and it is one of the fattest cities in the country. I don't understand how a city that big can't even sustain a Six Flags.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,761 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    Zero, Savannah is beautiful. I get a chance to visit (business) and I never tire of it.
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,128 Messages
    4,320 Likes Received
    I know why. You never called. I had the BBQ and beer all ready. If you come back let me know.
  20. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Horrendous place.Surprised it took 4 pages for it to come up.
    Detroit,Newark are awful too.