1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Zoners: what was the issue here with Brian Waters?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Isaac Sopoaga
  2. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

The Front Office repeatedly said Costa beat out Gurode. Whether they are delusional doesn't matter, it is what it is.

Cryin me a river doesn't help.

However, being able to see their point of view does.
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,129 Messages
    1,827 Likes Received
    And only their point of view.

Everything the Cowboys do is great because it's the Cowboys doing it.

Check yer brain at the door.

:blind:
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,942 Messages
    7,690 Likes Received
    By OC, I meant Center, not Offensive Coordinator. My bad.

This offseason's signings were very different from last offseason's. And I think--other than the Waters whiff- they made the right calls last year, too. Personnel-wise, 2011 was pretty much a lay-up season while the team positioned itself for this offseason. However you care to look at it, we've revamped our entire OL in very short order here, devoting resources to it in both FA and the draft. Just because we're finding players at value prices, it doesn't mean they're taking flyers, either. It's the right way to fill out your OL, you just have to do a better job selecting and developing the talent at those value positions than we've done recently.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received

Just trying to understand their view and their approach because I'm a Cowboys Fan.

When looking at successful lines around the NFL the Cowboys approach isn't very different, sign two bookend OTs (check), sign two starting Gaurds (check) find a young Center (about 3-5 to choose from currently on the roster) so much critism just because they decided to go young.

Yet they obviously had a change of philosophy, at least from the last group upfront, for the better.
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,129 Messages
    1,827 Likes Received

I can see understanding it and understanding what they're trying to do.

It's the automatic assumption that it's the right thing that many of us don't agree with.

I'm hopeful that between Callahan and the players signed we'll see improvement, but I am not automatically assuming that to be the case.