No Discipline for Conley

HanD

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,526
Reaction score
3,715
because it happened before the draft.......

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-draft-pick-gareon-conley-face-discipline-nfl

Raiders' first-round pick Gareon Conley won't face discipline from NFL
1:50 PM ET
Gareon Conley, the Oakland Raiders' first-round draft pick who was accused of sexual assault, will not face discipline from the NFL.

That's because the alleged incident occurred before the NFL Draft. The news was confirmed Tuesday by league spokesman Brian McCarthy.

Baltimore Ravens, which his lawyer said he passed.

Under the NFL's personal conduct policy, the woman's allegation could still come into play if Conley is ever involved in another incident after his NFL career begins. Under the policy, "conduct occurring prior to the players' association with the NFL" will be considered when weighing discipline. The policy also provides for "enhanced and/or expedited discipline, including banishment from the league with the opportunity to reapply" for repeat offenders.

Conley is a former Ohio State cornerback. He was drafted with the No. 24 overall pick.
 
The previously mentioned incidents are exactly why Goodell got in trouble in the past for his many inconsistencies. Some things never change.
 
But if ya smoke weed before the draft it's held against ya. Comical
 
because it happened before the draft.......

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-draft-pick-gareon-conley-face-discipline-nfl

Raiders' first-round pick Gareon Conley won't face discipline from NFL
1:50 PM ET
Gareon Conley, the Oakland Raiders' first-round draft pick who was accused of sexual assault, will not face discipline from the NFL.

That's because the alleged incident occurred before the NFL Draft. The news was confirmed Tuesday by league spokesman Brian McCarthy.

Baltimore Ravens, which his lawyer said he passed.

Under the NFL's personal conduct policy, the woman's allegation could still come into play if Conley is ever involved in another incident after his NFL career begins. Under the policy, "conduct occurring prior to the players' association with the NFL" will be considered when weighing discipline. The policy also provides for "enhanced and/or expedited discipline, including banishment from the league with the opportunity to reapply" for repeat offenders.

Conley is a former Ohio State cornerback. He was drafted with the No. 24 overall pick.


I guess that applies to Lewis as well then.
 
No charges were filed against Conley.

Lewis has a court date set. That's the difference. If found guilty, Lewis is probably suspended.

OK, but say charges are filed, the incident still occurred prior to the draft. The reasoning should not be that the "incident" occurred prior to the draft but that charges are not filed. That is not what it says though.
 
No charges were filed against Conley.

Lewis has a court date set. That's the difference. If found guilty, Lewis is probably suspended.
Not sure about that. Even if found guilty, the incident occurred before he was associated with the NFL. Even if he is later found guilty by a court, I'm not sure the NFL can suspend him .
 
Not sure about that. Even if found guilty, the incident occurred before he was associated with the NFL. Even if he is later found guilty by a court, I'm not sure the NFL can suspend him .
Zekes was before that. Why is he still under investigation?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
464,596
Messages
13,820,761
Members
23,781
Latest member
Vloh10
Back
Top