CFZ “Curses” aren’t what has been holding this team back

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Opposite. It's mostly the top QBs who are in the game every year. Look how often Brady/Wilson/Mahomes/PManning have been there the last few? The better your QB, the less of a team you need.
Right. I think Bobhaze provided that 80% or 4/5th of SB winners had great QB’s. Without one you need a great defense and complete team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cowboys certainly have found new ways to lose this era during our championship game drought which make you think there’s a greater force working against us.

There’s been the Fumbling Bumbling extra point , the Catch and TD that wasn’t , Not Getting The Snap Off on last play to Not Crossing the Goal Line and Toe Out of Bounds to name a few of big game blunders.

That’s some screwy and spooky new ways of finding to lose . Just can’t make that crap up. If it’s not an omen , jinx or just bad karma swirling around our franchise this era then it’s the unluckiest one .

Gosh darn it certainly looks like the Football Gods aren’t with us . Here’s to hoping we have a new Angel( Coach) looking over us and he’s already impacting with Jimmy’s announcement.

I think we’ll know when we see how it ends this year . If it’s in another mind blowing ghostly bizarre way like never seen before then we’ll know it wasn’t enough or the force is too strong.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Try to fool me using rational arguments, eh?

Go find your logical patsy somewhere else!

Nope, not going to sucker up for it.

Obviously a curse.

I’m not at all a superstitious person so I don’t believe in curses. Sure it would be great if the 28 year drought we‘ve had was all about Jerry not putting Jimmy in the ROH. But unfortunately our playoff drought is really more about roster building, decision making, culture, toughness, habits, and sadly not playing our best football during the playoffs. JJ and SJ of course are at the center of all that.

In fairness, Jerry and Stephen have certainly done some good things for which credit is due:

• The elevation of Will McClay a few years ago has made our drafts so much better and delivered a major influx of talent.
  • The hiring of Mike McCarthy (who is light years better than Garrett), has so far delivered back to back 12 win seasons and playoff appearances, which hadn’t happened since the 90s.
  • The team finally won a road playoff game for the first time in 30 years.
Those are all good and all worthy of the almighty “credit” JJ so desperately craves.

But the next hurdle this team has to clear isn’t about some mysterious curse. It’s about playing great against the better teams in the playoffs. For a multitude of reasons, we have not played our best football when it mattered most. Until THAT changes, we won’t be rescued by a ROH induction, although I’m certainly glad to see it finally happen.

The breaking of curses are fun to talk about in sports. But in reality, winning playoff games is 100% dependent on the team’s ability to play its best when the stakes are at its highest.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I’m not at all a superstitious person so I don’t believe in curses. Sure it would be great if the 28 year drought we‘ve had was all about Jerry not putting Jimmy in the ROH. But unfortunately our playoff drought is really more about roster building, decision making, culture, toughness, habits, and sadly not playing our best football during the playoffs. JJ and SJ of course are at the center of all that.

In fairness, Jerry and Stephen have certainly done some good things for which credit is due:

• The elevation of Will McClay a few years ago has made our drafts so much better and delivered a major influx of talent.
  • The hiring of Mike McCarthy (who is light years better than Garrett), has so far delivered back to back 12 win seasons and playoff appearances, which hadn’t happened since the 90s.
  • The team finally won a road playoff game for the first time in 30 years.
Those are all good and all worthy of the almighty “credit” JJ so desperately craves.

But the next hurdle this team has to clear isn’t about some mysterious curse. It’s about playing great against the better teams in the playoffs. For a multitude of reasons, we have not played our best football when it mattered most. Until THAT changes, we won’t be rescued by a ROH induction, although I’m certainly glad to see it finally happen.

The breaking of curses are fun to talk about in sports. But in reality, winning playoff games is 100% dependent on the team’s ability to play its best when the stakes are at its highest.
They exists. "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee". When you have a Owner as Dumbo GM that fired a back to back Super Bowl winning coach for attention, spite, and pride, you get 27 years of curse or BAD KARMA.