02/21 Mock and FA

phildadon86

Reaction score
Work is boring yet again so hey, why not do a mock draft a little different then normal.

I also am doing FA and our signings a little different. Most likely how I see it play out since I see us spending little to no money yet again. And needing to plug to many holes in the draft

Re-Signings
Martin
DLaw
LP

Cuts
Scandrick
Beasely
Twill post June 19 (yes I know its unlikely, but I have had enough of this guy messing things up and not being able to catch with his hands)

FA
Eric Winston-Old Vet who can come in just in case of Tyron being hurt again.
John Brown WR-Low money injury prone WR with speed. Our FO way of showing they are trying.
Patrick Robinson-We have shown past interest, and hes a solid player

Draft

19: R1P19
S DERWIN JAMES
FLORIDA STATE
This goes without saying. Best safety in the draft and will automatically transform our secondary. Our final piece on the back end

50: R2P18
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
Solidifies our OL and gets us back to Cowboy football. Zeke running behind this beast and Tyron has people scared before the season begins

81: R3P17
LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS
Solid tackler and decent in coverage. Will thrive in our scheme

118: R4P16
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH
Finally a man in the middle with size who can do it all

138: R4P36
WR MICHAEL GALLUP
COLORADO STATE
Our Twill replacement. Can catch anything, runs great routes and has speed

139: R4P37
TE DALTON SCHULTZ
STANFORD
Witten's replacement. Phenomenal blocker and great hands. Good at finding holes in zone coverage. Sound familiar?

174: R5P35
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Tackling machine, replaces Hitch

176: R5P37
OT GREG SENAT
WAGNER
Backup in case we need a tackle and can hopefully develop into an NFL swing tackle by the time our FA acquisition is done

196: R6P19
DL DEADRIN SENAT
SOUTH FLORIDA
Line Depth

236: R7P18
WR CEDRICK WILSON
BOISE STATE
Never going to the there at this pick but if he is, great addition to our WR corps. If we can get this kid we can drop brown hopefully at no cost to just. John Brown I mean.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Jefferson is a hot and cold prospect. Supposedly, he is going to blow up at the Combine. I don't see him lasting til the 81st pick (I realize this was a simulator).

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm good with this. Love James and Hernandez. Also seems you got great value where you picked and got some good depth maybe future starters.

Like free agency but not a John Brown fan. Would like to add Tre Boston in free agency giving us James and Boston as starters for both safety spots would really make our secondary hum. LBs and DL us much upgraded as well.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I love how, despite James and Hernandez being projected at going well before our picks, you keep mocking them to us.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I love how, despite James and Hernandez being projected at going well before our picks, you keep mocking them to us.
James is falling in a lot of drafts. After the combine it may happen that he goes ahead of us. I just don't see with all of the qb needy and edge needs ahead of us him not falling to a place we can at least trade up.

Sydla

Reaction score
Stay away from P. Robinson.

He worked in the aggressive Philly system. Not sure he can work in ours.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I would love for this to happen but since that is the case it won"t.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Work is boring yet again so hey, why not do a mock draft a little different then normal.

I also am doing FA and our signings a little different. Most likely how I see it play out since I see us spending little to no money yet again. And needing to plug to many holes in the draft

Re-Signings
Martin
DLaw
LP

Cuts
Scandrick
Beasely
Twill post June 19 (yes I know its unlikely, but I have had enough of this guy messing things up and not being able to catch with his hands)

FA
Eric Winston-Old Vet who can come in just in case of Tyron being hurt again.
John Brown WR-Low money injury prone WR with speed. Our FO way of showing they are trying.
Patrick Robinson-We have shown past interest, and hes a solid player

Draft

19: R1P19
S DERWIN JAMES
FLORIDA STATE
This goes without saying. Best safety in the draft and will automatically transform our secondary. Our final piece on the back end

50: R2P18
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP
Solidifies our OL and gets us back to Cowboy football. Zeke running behind this beast and Tyron has people scared before the season begins

81: R3P17
LB MALIK JEFFERSON
TEXAS
Solid tackler and decent in coverage. Will thrive in our scheme

118: R4P16
DL TIM SETTLE
VIRGINIA TECH
Finally a man in the middle with size who can do it all

138: R4P36
WR MICHAEL GALLUP
COLORADO STATE
Our Twill replacement. Can catch anything, runs great routes and has speed

139: R4P37
TE DALTON SCHULTZ
STANFORD
Witten's replacement. Phenomenal blocker and great hands. Good at finding holes in zone coverage. Sound familiar?

174: R5P35
LB NICK DELUCA
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Tackling machine, replaces Hitch

176: R5P37
OT GREG SENAT
WAGNER
Backup in case we need a tackle and can hopefully develop into an NFL swing tackle by the time our FA acquisition is done

196: R6P19
DL DEADRIN SENAT
SOUTH FLORIDA
Line Depth

236: R7P18
WR CEDRICK WILSON
BOISE STATE
Never going to the there at this pick but if he is, great addition to our WR corps. If we can get this kid we can drop brown hopefully at no cost to just. John Brown I mean.

What are we giving up for Derwin James? He's not falling to 19. And I'll take Beas over John Brown any day. I like the rest though. :)

phildadon86

Reaction score
What are we giving up for Derwin James? He's not falling to 19. And I'll take Beas over John Brown any day. I like the rest though. :)
I wont be surprised if he falls to the teens. Look at the teams drafting in the top 10. They are QB, DE, and DL needy. Some even LB needy. Its possible he slides