04/01/22 Mock

bleachedwheat

Reaction score
FA sign MLB Troy Reeder 1yr 3mil
Draft
Trade pick 24 to Chiefs for 30,94,259 they move up to get Jameson Williams

30. OG Kenyon Green (6'4, 323) Texas A&M
Starting Left Guard and emergency Tackle if need be

56. OT Abraham Lucas (6'7, 324) Wash St.
Swing Tackle to compete with Josh Ball, this team needs at least two good backups Tyron will see to that

88. WR Khalil Shakir (6'0, 190) Boise State
can play outside but is primarily a slot, has KR and PR abilities and can even line up at RB if needed

94. DE Sam Williams (6'4, 260) Ole Miss
this signing probably means Basham gets cut, the team has bodies at end especially since Parsons does it. Dan Quinn personally worked him out at pro day

129. TE Jelani Woods (6'7, 260) Virginia
30 visit tight end, was primarily a blocking TE at OU before he transferred, good strait line speed, agility is lackluster but this team has needed a blocking TE for years now.

155. S Bubba Bolden (6'3, 200) Miami
developmental Free Safety to play behind Hooker special teams contributor, Fossil and DQ will love size speed and length combination

167. WR Bo Melton (5'11, 195) Rutgers
Punt Return Ace and back up slot receiver, Gallup, Washington, Brown, Simi, not slot receivers and I think they are going to play Lamb in the traditional #1 outside spot. Shakir and Melton are the slots now

176. K Cade York (6'0, 190) LSU
need one, first drafted kicker since Dan Bailey... he worked out alright

178. DT Noah Elliss (6'4, 360) Idaho
rotational 1-tech, need more than just Bohanna as a trashcan full of dirt; Watkins isn't big enough at 1 for my liking

193. LT/LG/C/RG/RT Nick Ford (6'5, 315) Utah
primarily a backup center for Tyler but has played every position on the line over his career with the Utes

259. LB Damone Clark (6'3, 240) LSU
Redshirt linebacker might as well take a flyer on him and hope the spinal fusion surgery doesn't impact his career longterm

Two lineman with the first two picks won't be all that popular. However, the team refuses to address the position in Free Agency. Get used to the idea of drafting O-line with two premium picks. I'm thinking 2 of the first 4 picks will be on the line.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft

Swing Tackle to compete with Josh Ball, this team needs at least two good backups Tyron will see to that

can play outside but is primarily a slot, has KR and PR abilities and can even line up at RB if needed

this signing probably means Basham gets cut, the team has bodies at end especially since Parsons does it. Dan Quinn personally worked him out at pro day

30 visit tight end, was primarily a blocking TE at OU before he transferred, good strait line speed, agility is lackluster but this team has needed a blocking TE for years now.

developmental Free Safety to play behind Hooker special teams contributor, Fossil and DQ will love size speed and length combination

Punt Return Ace and back up slot receiver, Gallup, Washington, Brown, Simi, not slot receivers and I think they are going to play Lamb in the traditional #1 outside spot. Shakir and Melton are the slots now

rotational 1-tech, need more than just Bohanna as a trashcan full of dirt; Watkins isn't big enough at 1 for my liking

primarily a backup center for Tyler but has played every position on the line over his career with the Utes

Redshirt linebacker might as well take a flyer on him and hope the spinal fusion surgery doesn't impact his career longterm

Two lineman with the first two picks won't be all that popular. However, the team refuses to address the position in Free Agency. Get used to the idea of drafting O-line with two premium picks. I'm thinking 2 of the first 4 picks will be on the line.

I love everything outside of 56 and 88. I think the rest is a home run.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Draft

How is Woods catch ability?

I'm very anti Schultz.....but the guy I want is still downfield ability first, but not a liability in the run game.

I haven't spent much time on this draft and probably won't. This team exhausts me and makes me a worse person overall lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
too much offense too early when the defense is slightly better than it was this time last year.

Undeniably true, but I think the back end of this draft makes up for it. I love the Williams, Bolden, Elliss, and Clark picks.

I would love to know who else was available in rounds 2 and 3 of this one.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Draft

I like this draft.