04*18*17 4 Round Morning Mock

WeaponX

Reaction score
Tried to stay realistic and hit on needs without reaching too much:

1) Ty Bowser, Houston - EDGE
  • I've been brushing up since he's gotten some buzz lately and he's definitely got the bend and burst that we're all wanting out of a WDE. For everyone who likes Haason Reddick because they think he can be a SAM/LEO, I'd say Bowser fits that role better for our needs/scheme (Reddick is more of a true LB that can rush, Bowser is more of a rusher who can play SAM if we want to get him on the field more, and he has more size).
  • He's got a BA nickname just sitting there waiting for us
2) Marcus Williams, Utah - S
  • Production speaks for itself. He's rising as of late so end of 2 and he may be gone, but the S class runs deep so there is a good possibility he's still there, and at the end of 2 I'd run to the podium for someone with his ability to generate turnovers from center field.
3) Quincy Wilson, Florida - CB
  • Great size and is a confident, physical CB with ball skills. Generated buzz in the early draft process but seems to have cooled off a bit as we draw nearer.
  • Howard Wilson out of Houston may be another good candidate in this slot if QW is already off the board
4) Carlos Henderson, LA. Tech - WR/ST
  • We've shown interest in Curtis Samuel, and I think Henderson is a comparable player (probably even a bit better as a receiver currently). Can absorb Dunbar's and Whitehead's roles immediately, and can develop as a receiver behind our primary three.
  • Wouldn't be upset with a OT (Moton - but he should be long gone or Davenport, but I think his traits push him up the board) or TE (Kittle or Leggett for me) if available

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Tried to stay realistic and hit on needs without reaching too much:

1) Ty Bowser, Houston - EDGE
  • I've been brushing up since he's gotten some buzz lately and he's definitely got the bend and burst that we're all wanting out of a WDE. For everyone who likes Haason Reddick because they think he can be a SAM/LEO, I'd say Bowser fits that role better for our needs/scheme (Reddick is more of a true LB that can rush, Bowser is more of a rusher who can play SAM if we want to get him on the field more, and he has more size).
  • He's got a BA nickname just sitting there waiting for us
2) Marcus Williams, Utah - S
  • Production speaks for itself. He's rising as of late so end of 2 and he may be gone, but the S class runs deep so there is a good possibility he's still there, and at the end of 2 I'd run to the podium for someone with his ability to generate turnovers from center field.
3) Quincy Wilson, Florida - CB
  • Great size and is a confident, physical CB with ball skills. Generated buzz in the early draft process but seems to have cooled off a bit as we draw nearer.
  • Howard Wilson out of Houston may be another good candidate in this slot if QW is already off the board
4) Carlos Henderson, LA. Tech - WR/ST
  • We've shown interest in Curtis Samuel, and I think Henderson is a comparable player (probably even a bit better as a receiver currently). Can absorb Dunbar's and Whitehead's roles immediately, and can develop as a receiver behind our primary three.
  • Wouldn't be upset with a OT (Moton - but he should be long gone or Davenport, but I think his traits push him up the board) or TE (Kittle or Leggett for me) if available
Good stuff. I think 3rd is a little late for Wilson. Kazee is a guy I really like at that spot. Polished player that should thrive in zone. Major playmaker. Probably a high floor/low cieling guy due to his lack of size and long speed. But in zone I think he can be a starter. Id prefer Wilson, but I think he is more a candidate for 60.

Agree on Davenport. If you want him, you need to take him at 90. He may not even last that long

WeaponX

Reaction score
Good stuff. I think 3rd is a little late for Wilson. Kazee is a guy I really like at that spot. Polished player that should thrive in zone. Major playmaker. Probably a high floor/low cieling guy due to his lack of size and long speed. But in zone I think he can be a starter. Id prefer Wilson, but I think he is more a candidate for 60.

Agree on Davenport. If you want him, you need to take him at 90. He may not even last that long

Agreed about Wilson; and you're probably right. I'm pretty high on Williams though so I plugged him in at 2. Assuming he's gone, I'd be inclined to pull the trigger on Wilson or someone comparable at 60 and then target a S in the 3rd.

Don't know much about Kazee but I've heard good things in line with your assessment so I could be on board with that route, as well.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I like it. I think Wilson is more likely to go round 1 than round 3, however.

I love the idea of Williams playing center field and letting Jones play more corner than he already does.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed about Wilson; and you're probably right. I'm pretty high on Williams though so I plugged him in at 2. Assuming he's gone, I'd be inclined to pull the trigger on Wilson or someone comparable at 60 and then target a S in the 3rd.

Don't know much about Kazee but I've heard good things in line with your assessment so I could be on board with that route, as well.
Kazee seems like a low risk player to me. One thing I question with him is at his size how good of a player can he be. Is he a career subpackage guy or can he be in your top 2 effectively. Some teams, especially man coverage teams may question that and drive his value down some. A zone team however, I think he can definitely be in your top 2.

Wouldnt complain one bit about Williams at 60

WeaponX

Reaction score
I like it. I think Wilson is more likely to go round 1 than round 3, however.

I love the idea of Williams playing center field and letting Jones play more corner than he already does.
Agreed, although I think there's a handful of CB's that could legitimately go anywhere between 1 and 3. If he's gone, I'd be ok with a few other CB's that could get into the lineup relatively early. There's some good value between rounds 2-4 in the secondary.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Wilson will be gone by our pick in the third round. If we don't get Ross or Godwin anywhere between 1-3, I'm good with passing on a receiver to stock up on defensive talent. In a deep pass rushing class such as this, I think we should come away with at least two DEs and two corners/safeties.

Bigdog

Reaction score

Agree with you on Wilson. Probably will not be there in the 3rd. Bowser has the traits but is a bit of a project when it comes to rushing the passer from what I have read. Doesn't have a lot of pas rushing moves and will not over power tackles yet with his strength. Still would not mind the pick but would like it better in a trade down. I like Davenport but o have also read that he is not overall tough especially in the run game but is more of a finesse blocker. Overall, good draft.