07 draft

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
alright ive decided to switch it up a little bit a and move a little past this whole head coaching situation and talk about the upcoming NFL draft, i think the 2 most important position we need to adress is Free Safety and the O-Line, if we were to choose safety my top choice would be Laron Landry, even if that means trding up, on O-Line i think we should look for improvemnt their through free agency but if we were to draft one I would just go with what the experts are picking, which is Justin Blalock, but the player i like the best regardless of our most important needs would be Calvin Johnson from Georgia Tech. To me he has the perfect size for an NFL receiver.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson will be long gone by the time we pick.

Ginn, however, should be there.

I don't know if I want another O-lineman or DB. They take so long to progress, and often end up being busts.

At least with Ginn, he can make an immediate impact on kick returns, while he works his way into the slot.

We also need to have insurance incase one of our older WR's goes down.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
We most likely won't address the FS position at all in free agency or the draft. I would expect a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a guard, but we're likely keeping the rest of the line in tact.

Bigger needs are WR, OLB, and CB.

MONT17

Reaction score
I hope we finish building the D... adding more day 1 picks! Hopefully we can get some playmakers and some passrushers this time!!!

the OL is a mess and the only hope for the OL may be a new OL coach!!! Is Cam Cameron keeping Hudson Houck?

with the high draft picks BP wasted on the OL duds, I can see Jerry loading up on OL after the 4th or 5th round!!!

nicodywill

Reaction score
A team i think your right on point but i'm not sure if any of those guys will be left when we are on the clock maybe blalock, but imo i think he's overrated so he may be there but i would just be happy in taking the best player avail. with the exception of TE or RB in the first round that is. with that said you should draft for your needs after round 1 but in our case any position excluding the ones stated above couldn't hurt us. just my thoughts, what a relief to talk about something other than coaching positions

brewers47

Reaction score
I think a pick on Adam Carriker would be pretty good at 22 assuming he is still around.

Mike Mayock kept saying all week that he could fit into any defensive scheme and being a possible 5-technique in the 3-4 scheme

locked&loaded

Reaction score
silverbear;1344608 said:
Playing tackle... he'll be playing guard in the NFL...

still hes got no lateral movement. grubbs is better imo, first i thought blalock could move around a little more but he cnat. and if were looking for a guy ala kosier in the athletic department grubbs is the man

VACowboy

Reaction score
Unless there's someone at 22 we absolutely can't pass on, my choice would be to trade down, if possible. My perfect scenario would be: Trade from 22 to the early second round for 1st-rounder next year and draft either Anthony Spencer or Brandon Meriweather and Ben Grubbs.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
VACowboy;1344686 said:
Unless there's someone at 22 we absolutely can't pass on, my choice would be to trade down, if possible. My perfect scenario would be: Trade from 22 to the early second round for 1st-rounder next year and draft either Anthony Spencer or Brandon Meriweather and Ben Grubbs.

Yep, moving down would be ideal. Good value for Dallas in that second round area.