'09 mockery

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2nd: San Jose State DT Jarron Gilbert - 6'6" 280

so far on the year has 42 tackles, 19.5 tackles for loss, which leads the nation, 9 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles

penetrating defensive lineman to replace Chris Canty

3rd v/ Cleveland: Illinois LB Brit Miller - 6'1" 250

so far on the year has 110 tackles, which is tied for 3rd in the nation, 15.5 TFL, which is tied for 6th, 6 sacks, 7 pass-breakups, and 3 forced fumbles

playmaking LB replaces Zach Thomas

4th: Texas Tech FS Darcel McBath - 6'1" 196

53 tackles, 6 INTs, TD return, 7 PBUs, FF, his 13 passes defensed is tied for 8th in the nation

we need speed at safety, McBath gives us that, plus he's a playmaker

4th: Wisconsin OG Kraig Urbick - 6'6" 332

Wisconsin averages 224.40 yards per game, 10th best in the nation, 4.96 yards per carry, 22nd best, Urbick has started games at both RG and RT

5th: UCF CB Joe Burnett - 5'11" 185

36 tackles, 3 INTs, 8 PBUs, 3.5 TFL, 1 K/P block

14.38 PR average, 31.58 KR average w/ 2 TDs

3-time, All-CSU punt returner, going on 4th, straight trip, 4 year starter at corner, 2-time All-CSU, who has 15 career INTs

5th: Missouri DE Stryker Sulak - 6'5" 250

44 tackles, 11 TFL, 6.5 sacks, 3 PBUs, 5 FFs, 9 forced fumbles in last 24 games

All-BigXII playmaker

5th: Missouri QB Chase Daniels - 6' 225

top 5 in most statistical passing categories

6th: Iowa DL Mitch King - 6'3" 280

45 tackles, 11.5 TFL, 3 sacks, FF

All-Big10 performer provides great depth at DE, has a motor that never quits

6th: Kentucky DT Myron Pryor - 6'1" 310

7.5 TFL, 3.5 sacks, FF, fumble recovery for 78 yard TD

stout, penetrating NT

6th: Northern Illinois DE Larry English - 6'3" 255

25 tackles, 8 TFL, 4.5 sacks, 2 FF

top 10 in nation in sacks last 2 years, James Harrison clone

7th: BYU LB David Nixon - 6'3" 223

67 tackles, 9.5 TFL, sack, 3 INTs, TD return, 4 PBUs, 2 FFs

improves special team's coverage and ILB depth

7th: Ole Miss OG Maurice Miller - 6'4" 343

him and Michael Oher form a nice run-blocking tandem

Ole Miss averages 4.59 yards per carry on the ground, tied for 39th in the nation

7th: Louisville DT Adrian Grady - 6'2" 305

30 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 2 sacks, FF

Louisville is 7th in the nation in rushing D, giving up only 94.11 yards on the ground a game, and is allowing only 3.11 yards per carry, which is 15th best

provides excellent depth at NT, which allows Jay Ratliff to make the complete and irrevocable switch to DE

interesting fact - this draft keeps 4 Texas talents in Texas: McBath, Sulak, Daniels and Nixon

what we improve on - team speed on D, the defensive line, and we get even bigger on the offensive line

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
:bow:

If we drafted this I would be ecstatic. Instead of CB I'd go WR in the 5th Ramses Burden is the man =).

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2412247 said:
:bow:

If we drafted this I would be ecstatic. Instead of CB I'd go WR in the 5th Ramses Burden is the man =).

I'm going Burnett until PacMan's future is determined

because the guy is an excellent PR

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i dont like Chase Daniels at all. I am just not all that impressed with him and I have seen him on numerous occasions. I prefer Mike Reilly.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2412271 said:
where is your boy from Cincy, that ILB?

haven't quite figured out where to put him, but I love the guy still

Biggems;2412284 said:
i dont like Chase Daniels at all. I am just not all that impressed with him and I have seen him on numerous occasions. I prefer Mike Reilly.

I just like Daniel's skill-set and intangibles, I think he could become a very, good backup QB

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2412255 said:
I'm going Burnett until PacMan's future is determined

because the guy is an excellent PR

Oh I see. That would make sense and with Henry gone it makes even more sense.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2412324 said:
Oh I see. That would make sense and with Henry gone it makes even more sense.

Burnett is one of my favorites this year

Hey Bob, would you be against going after Rashad Johnson and then your TT S? Our safety position completely sucks. I would definitely be for going after two ballhawking S in the draft.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2412350 said:
Burnett is one of my favorites this year

Hey Bob, would you be against going after Rashad Johnson and then your TT S? Our safety position completely sucks. I would definitely be for going after two ballhawking S in the draft.

I wouldn't be against it at all, except for the fact that Rashad probably won't make it to near our pick in the 2nd round

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2412357 said:
I wouldn't be against it at all, except for the fact that Rashad probably won't make it to near our pick in the 2nd round

i know that bastid wont stop making huge plays.....he has made his point....now he needs to chill the rest of the year.

however, if he can last till the 2nd round, i am not opposed to trading up to get him at all.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2412368 said:
i know that bastid wont stop making huge plays.....he has made his point....now he needs to chill the rest of the year.

however, if he can last till the 2nd round, i am not opposed to trading up to get him at all.

:laugh2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I am not too happy with that mock draft, however I do agree with the need for NT, DL, linebacker, safety, those are obvious needs for sure, but we also need OT, OG, and QB along with a big huge fullback, thats what i want for this team a big huge fullback.

and a punt returner, that is the final piece for this team, just like the rocket said, rocket ishmael whom played for the cowboys, said this team needs a punt game breaker returner for this team, badly to take this team to the next level,

remember when we had deion returning punts, or kevin williams on punts and kickoffs or kelvin martin, thats what this team needs badly

Now on to your 4th picks, 5th, 6th, we dont have 2 6th rounders, only one 6th round pick. Remember we gave our 6th to detroit.

Now i still think this too, the cowboys under shake up most likely with a new head coach next year, will probably trade crayton to miami, mcquistan might go too along with bobby (barbiedoll) carpenter. I think you might see a 4th, maybe a 3rd rounder involved in those trades with those 3 players.

Parcells loves mcquistan and crayton. Crayton would be the big 3rd down receiver for pennington, and with the cowboys having T O, Roy Williams, Austin, Hurd, Stanback, i dont see the cowboys keeping crayton if they can get a draft pick for him, hopefully a 3rd to 4th rounder.

Now, mcquistan and bobby carpenter might be thrown in on that deal, still not sure about carpenter yet, but i have seen little signs from him, not much granted, but by your 3rd year, you have to show something. I still think with the right head coach and great defensive coordinator this team might switch to the 4-3,

spears, tank johnson, chris canty, demarcus ware, hatcher i think would all excel along with ratliff in the 4-3. The defensive coordinator spagnola would be ideal to turning this team back to the dominate 4-3, and he would know the giants, eagles right and left to beat them, their tendencies.

spencer, james, burnett, zach thomas (maybe one more year), would be fair, so you would need one more very good smart linebacker, kinda like when the giants got the midlle linebacker from the Commanders, or the cowboys need to draft a kick your rear end linebacker in 2nd to 3rd round.

Next, I do think the cowboys will package some of the 4th, 5th, and 7th extra picks to move up in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Thats where you make or break your team, with the clevealands pick, the cowboys can move back up in the 3rd round, and get a really good player, remember we got jason witten in 3rd round, and barber and canty in the 4th rounds.

Then like i mentioned with the possibility of trading crayton, mcquistan, and carpenter, you can get a few extra picks, thats where bobby carpenter might stay in dallas, if a change is coming, carpenter is a 4-3 linebacker, not a 3-4.

Here is what I would like for the cowboys to draft in 2nd to 5th rounds, and dont forget the cowboys will get 2-3 compensation picks for reeves, j jones, and possibly nate jones.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2412621 said:
I am not too happy with that mock draft, however I do agree with the need for NT, DL, linebacker, safety, those are obvious needs for sure, but we also need OT, OG, and QB along with a big huge fullback, thats what i want for this team a big huge fullback.

and a punt returner, that is the final piece for this team, just like the rocket said, rocket ishmael whom played for the cowboys, said this team needs a punt game breaker returner for this team, badly to take this team to the next level,

remember when we had deion returning punts, or kevin williams on punts and kickoffs or kelvin martin, thats what this team needs badly

Now on to your 4th picks, 5th, 6th, we dont have 2 6th rounders, only one 6th round pick. Remember we gave our 6th to detroit.

Now i still think this too, the cowboys under shake up most likely with a new head coach next year, will probably trade crayton to miami, mcquistan might go too along with bobby (barbiedoll) carpenter. I think you might see a 4th, maybe a 3rd rounder involved in those trades with those 3 players.

Parcells loves mcquistan and crayton. Crayton would be the big 3rd down receiver for pennington, and with the cowboys having T O, Roy Williams, Austin, Hurd, Stanback, i dont see the cowboys keeping crayton if they can get a draft pick for him, hopefully a 3rd to 4th rounder.

Now, mcquistan and bobby carpenter might be thrown in on that deal, still not sure about carpenter yet, but i have seen little signs from him, not much granted, but by your 3rd year, you have to show something. I still think with the right head coach and great defensive coordinator this team might switch to the 4-3,

spears, tank johnson, chris canty, demarcus ware, hatcher i think would all excel along with ratliff in the 4-3. The defensive coordinator spagnola would be ideal to turning this team back to the dominate 4-3, and he would know the giants, eagles right and left to beat them, their tendencies.

spencer, james, burnett, zach thomas (maybe one more year), would be fair, so you would need one more very good smart linebacker, kinda like when the giants got the midlle linebacker from the Commanders, or the cowboys need to draft a kick your rear end linebacker in 2nd to 3rd round.

Next, I do think the cowboys will package some of the 4th, 5th, and 7th extra picks to move up in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. Thats where you make or break your team, with the clevealands pick, the cowboys can move back up in the 3rd round, and get a really good player, remember we got jason witten in 3rd round, and barber and canty in the 4th rounds.

Then like i mentioned with the possibility of trading crayton, mcquistan, and carpenter, you can get a few extra picks, thats where bobby carpenter might stay in dallas, if a change is coming, carpenter is a 4-3 linebacker, not a 3-4.

Here is what I would like for the cowboys to draft in 2nd to 5th rounds, and dont forget the cowboys will get 2-3 compensation picks for reeves, j jones, and possibly nate jones.

basically we have insiders like Adam that have stated we will most likely get 3 compensatory picks, one of them being in the 6th. So that is why you keep seeing mocks with two 6th rounders.

A lot of us are expecting 12 picks (9 tradeable, 3 compensatory) this draft. I for one want to address the OL, LB, and DB positions above all others. In fact, I am all for drafting 3 OL, 3 LB (2 OLB, 1 ILB), and 3 DBs (2 S, 1 CB). That leaves us 3 picks to go after other positions, such as QB (Mike Reilly or Colt McCoy), NT, and DE. I do not feel that RB, WR, and TE are areas of need.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2412621 said:

If we keep Pacman,he would give us that threat as a punt returner we need.

Can't see that happening, Carpenter MIGHT get a 7th round pick, and Crayton maybe a 6th if we're lucky with his contract.
Why trade Crayton?
He's gonna be a good weapon as the #3 W.R. now in the slot.

Why trade McQuistan?
We might need him, and as for Crayton, why give Miami a big 3rd down receiver?
Why not keep him for us?
a 3rd W.R. is never gonna fetch more than a 6th round pick at best, especially for hwo much he's getting paid.

I agree, we need more QUALITY then Quantity at this point with this team so close to a superbowl, trade up in every round, I don't care if we don't have any draft pick in rounds 5-7 sine they'd probably won't make the team anyway, use all those late picks (except comp picks can't be traded) to move up and get the players we target.

You forgot to list who you'd like us to draft in rounds 2-5!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok here are the players I would like the Cowboys to get 2nd to 5th rounds;
Quarterbacks;
Chase Holbrook 6-5 235 New Mexico
Chase Daniel, listed at 5-11 225 Missouri

Fullbacks;
Jorvorskie Lane 5-11 270 Texas A & M was high on him but he has gotten fat and lazy, can we actually depend on Deion Anderson who keeps getting hurt
Rich Belton 6-0 258 Wake Forest smash mouth player
Brannan Southerland 6-0 240 Georgia,
Pressley or Rentmeester of Wisconsin, they play physical all the time

Offensive Tackles;
Alex Boone 6-7 325 Ohio St.
Max Unger 6-4 309 Oregon
Eugene Monroe 6-5 315 Virginia

Offensive Guards;
Herman Johnson 6-6 350 LSU
Matt Slauson 6-4 335 Nebraska
Steve Rehring 6-7 330 Ohio St
Kraig Urbik 6-5 325 Wisconsin
Cedric Dockery 6-4 322 Texas

NTs
I want a big bruiser, but if the cowboys do take a stab at defensive coordinator Spagnola next year, then they might go to the 4-3, I still think the team is more suited to the 4-3, I look at it this way, remember the patriots, when Bllicheater got there, he switched the defense from 4-3 to 3-4, he said, he fit the teams personnel to what the players did best, thats this team on defense I think, with Ware at RDE and speed rusher, Burnett at weakside linebacker with his speed like Jimmy Johnson had speed at linebackers, and Bobby Carpenter is a 4-3 linebacker not a 3-4

So, here goes DT right now for the 3-4, to me, you should have a huge NT to clog up the center and guard to let your linebackers flow to the football, just look at San Diego, they have big Jamaal forget his last name, but he goes about 345, when he is healthy the chargers are bad on defense, when he is hurt, they suffer, along with Merrimann out too.

B J Rajl 6-1 335 Boston College
Ron Brace 6-2 335 Boston College
Vince Oghobaase 6-5 315 Duke

Safeties;
William Moore Missouri,
Vontae Davis Illionois
Myron Rolle Florida St.
Nic Harris Oklahoma
Derek Pegues Mississippi St
Trimaine Goddard North Carolina
Taylor Mays USC
Michael Hamlin Clemson
Kam Chancelllor Virginia Tech
Courtney Greene Rutgers
Patrick Chung Oregon

Linebackers
Clint Sintim Virginia 6-3 255
Ian Campbell Kansas St 6-5 245
Mark Herzlich 6-4 238 Boston College
Larry English 6-2 256 Northern Illinois
Brandon Swaim 6-4 255 West Texas St

I want linebackers with size and some speed, if your going to use the 3-4, if you use the 4-3 you need speed like Jimmy Johnson had on the 90's team, smaller linebackers, but with deadly speed,

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2412911 said:
basically we have insiders like Adam that have stated we will most likely get 3 compensatory picks, one of them being in the 6th. So that is why you keep seeing mocks with two 6th rounders.

A lot of us are expecting 12 picks (9 tradeable, 3 compensatory) this draft. I for one want to address the OL, LB, and DB positions above all others. In fact, I am all for drafting 3 OL, 3 LB (2 OLB, 1 ILB), and 3 DBs (2 S, 1 CB). That leaves us 3 picks to go after other positions, such as QB (Mike Reilly or Colt McCoy), NT, and DE. I do not feel that RB, WR, and TE are areas of need.

Didn't he say he was staying for his senior year?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i heard somewhere forgot where but colt did say he was going to stay in texas his senior year

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
yes he said that....but that doesnt mean he actually will.

i am sure at the time, he meant it. however, things can change in the span of 5-6 months. after this season, he may decide he wants to go to the NFL.

Joe, I cannot believe that you didnt have Rashad Johnson on your safety list.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2413625 said:
yes he said that....but that doesnt mean he actually will.

i am sure at the time, he meant it. however, things can change in the span of 5-6 months. after this season, he may decide he wants to go to the NFL.

Joe, I cannot believe that you didnt have Rashad Johnson on your safety list.

This is true. So we just have to wait and see how this season pans out.