1:05 AM EST still sitting here in pain

40Bates40

Benched
Reaction score
my God this hurts so bad , I didn't even eat dinner with my wife, I'm just so depressed - you follow this team since a kid(1970's for me) you go 13-3 and IMO the last month was not played or coached on a high Standard Professional level - IMO we let a good thing slip away in Switzer like fashion , where the players became too laxed.

Man I don't know when this is gonna subside but I can't even begin to care about next season.
:(

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
40Bates40;1901827 said:
my God this hurts so bad , I didn't even eat dinner with my wife, I'm just so depressed - you follow this team since a kid(1970's for me) you go 13-3 and IMO the last month was not played or coached on a high Standard Professional level - IMO we let a good thing slip away in Switzer like fashion , where the players became too laxed.

Man I don't know when this is gonna subside but I can't even begin to care about next season.
sounds like clinical depression. You should see a doctor.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
yup..........I know what you mean

parchy

Reaction score
I braced myself for this. With the way the team had played the last month, you kind of had to. I'm not as dead as I otherwise would have been, but I still feel like hell.

This is now two years and two playoff results that just rip the soul right out of you. I honestly don't know how much more of this stuff I can take.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm surprisingly calm.

I guess it has to do with perspective, and age.

For 15 years, I waited for the Cowboys' resurrection as a power house. And I got to see it in the 90s with three straight Super Bowl wins.

I'm glad I got to witness history. But I also have come to realize that winning Super Bowls and getting back to them after your run is done is very difficult.

So I take consolation in the fact that I have experienced the joy of winning a Super Bowl and let it keep my occupied until we win another.

Younger fans may not have this perspective, understandably so.

But this too (the hurt feelings, and I know how that feels because I went to bed and didn't eat again that night after Leon Lett's Thanksgiving Day debacle) shall pass.

SDogo

Reaction score
parchy;1901838 said:
I braced myself for this. With the way the team had played the last month, you kind of had to. I'm not as dead as I otherwise would have been, but I still feel like hell.

This is now two years and two playoff results that just rip the soul right out of you. I honestly don't know how much more of this stuff I can take.

Your signature brought up a child hood song. I'm not sure if it was Sesame Street or Reading Rainbow or what but there was that song that would play along with some kids or a picture and woul say something like, "what in this picture does not belong, what is not like the rest"

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v38/parchy/probowlcowboys.png

parchy

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;1901849 said:
Your signature brought up a child hood song. I'm not sure if it was Sesame Street or Reading Rainbow or what but there was that song that would play along with some kids or a picture and woul say something like, "what in this picture does not belong, what is not like the rest"

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v38/parchy/probowlcowboys.png

How bout...

You%27re%20fired.jpg

ROY WILLIAMS.... YA FIRED!!!!

I think I saw that on an episode once.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I'm still hurting man, this is gonna take some time to get over. Last seasons end was worse in terms of how it happened, but watching the same result happen all over again makes this one even harder. I just can't think about next season yet, this will take a month or two to pass. To make matters worse I need to get a new TV (I was a little angry after the game) - that's the high's and low's of football I guess.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
40Bates40;1901827 said:

Don't feel bad my dad cried after they lost. I kept telling him Romo is not gonna win a playoff game for Dallas and to not get so hung up on the boys till they find a real qb to lead em. This was the main reason i didn't get so caught up on em this year cause i knew they would fall flat with tony being the qb. He's just a regular season machine when the playoffs come around he's a merely shadow of booby hebert or chris miller. All in all i felt bad seeing my dad so sad seeing them lose. Me on the other hand knew we didn't have a chance way back before pre-season. Same thing will keep happening as long as tony is the qb.

parchy

Reaction score
gazmc_06;1901867 said:
I'm still hurting man, this is gonna take some time to get over. Last seasons end was worse in terms of how it happened, but watching the same result happen all over again makes this one even harder. I just can't think about next season yet, this will take a month or two to pass. To make matters worse I need to get a new TV (I was a little angry after the game) - that's the high's and low's of football I guess.

Yeah... how about getting a brand spanking new No. 9 away jersey (authentic stitching and everything) and my first day to wear it for a game was for today's piece of trash showing.

Sucks.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Bates, i feel the same way but i eat to forget the pain. Just a wasted chance. TO knew this team had the talent to get to the Super Bowl. He played on a Super Bowl team, so he knew. Hang in there, vent and get it out. I find that helps a little.

SDogo

Reaction score
parchy;1901863 said:
How bout...

You%27re%20fired.jpg

ROY WILLIAMS.... YA FIRED!!!!

I think I saw that on an episode once.

Celebrity apprentice:lmao2:

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1901847 said:
I'm surprisingly calm.

I guess it has to do with perspective, and age.

For 15 years, I waited for the Cowboys' resurrection as a power house. And I got to see it in the 90s with three straight Super Bowl wins.

I'm glad I got to witness history. But I also have come to realize that winning Super Bowls and getting back to them after your run is done is very difficult.

So I take consolation in the fact that I have experienced the joy of winning a Super Bowl and let it keep my occupied until we win another.

Younger fans may not have this perspective, understandably so.

But this too (the hurt feelings, and I know how that feels because I went to bed and didn't eat again that night after Leon Lett's Thanksgiving Day debacle) shall pass.

Plus, we deserved to lose. I don't feel pain or sorrow when players essentially give the game away, just disgust.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
To top it off Andrew Bynum got hurt tonight for the lakers..... I already called off tomorrow, will get drunk and do work around the house

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
40Bates40;1901827 said:

If you have followed the Cowboys this long, then you have to know the Cowboys have survived loses worse that this.

Super Bowl XIII - January, 1979

With all due respect to those "elder statesmen" who lived through the late 60s, I have never felt worse after a game, including today's, than I did after that one. I was physically ill after it. To see them give Dallas' trophy to the Steelers was sickening. I am sad about the outcome today, but it is nowhere near as bad as I felt in '79.

I don't know about y'all, but I feel pretty good about what lies ahead for Romo and the Cowboys. Trainning camp is only about 6 months away:D