5 Kevin Norwood, WR, 6-2, #200 Alabama

7 C.J. Barnett, SS, 6, #205 Ohio State
or
Bennett Jackson. CB, 6, #195 Notre Dame

7 Billy Turner, OT, 6-5 #314 North Dakota State

7 Dakota Dozier, OG, 6-4 #295 Furman

waving monkey

Reaction score
I know little about college players and have just started looking at the big boards. But a wide receiver before a olineman isn't my choose.Understanding I can't judge BPA.

bodi

Reaction score
yes but I think Jerry thinks our O like is fine

and Norwood is a clutch player - he be perfect Slot receiver

bodi

Reaction score
Danny Kistler Jr, OT, Montana

Kistler has NFL size (6’7, 317) and feet. While he will need to work on some technique issues, his raw tools are good enough to warrant a selection in the 2014 NFL Draft. Kistler is quick out of his stance and rarely gets beat to the punch – making me think he could potentially be a LT in the NFL. I don’t think he’s a guy that you can plug in early but with time could develop into a solid swing tackle and spot starter.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1 Kony Ealy, DE, 6-5 #275 Missouri
or
Trent Murphy, DE, 6-6 #265 Stanford

2 Kelcy Quarles, DT, 6-3 #295 South Carolina

3 Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, 6-3, #245 Georgia Tech

4 Kenny Ladler, FS. 6-1, #205 Vanderbilt

5 Kevin Norwood, WR, 6-2, #200 Alabama

7 C.J. Barnett, SS, 6, #205 Ohio State
or
Bennett Jackson. CB, 6, #195 Notre Dame

7 Billy Turner, OT, 6-5 #314 North Dakota State

7 Dakota Dozier, OG, 6-4 #295 Furman

Looks good, although I would prefer OL earlier if possible.

Wouldn't Attaochu be a DE ?

Much prefer Ealy over Murphy.

bodi

Reaction score
this from CBS

Attaochu started the past two seasons as a stand-up pass rush linebacker in Georgia Tech?s 3-4 defense, but will transition to more of a traditional defensive end role in Georgia Tech's new 4-3 scheme

this what I like

Attaochu is a fiery player with a violent temperament, but needs to keep his wits on the field and control his intensity.

bodi

Reaction score
Looks good, although I would prefer OL earlier if possible.

Wouldn't Attaochu be a DE ?

Much prefer Ealy over Murphy.

as far as O line we need some kind of trade - I really think Jerry is fine with it but I am not that seeing that FREE will be gone in after 14

this guy I would love them to give a shot is Cornelius Lucas, OT 6-8 #328 Kansas State

But when the opportunity opened in 2012 to compete for a starting job, the "light finally turned on for him," according to offensive coordinator Dana Dimel, and he rose to the occasion, earning the left tackle job and starting every game.

Lucas earned All-Big 12 First Team honors by the coaches after his junior season and emerged as one of the top linemen in the conference and arguably their most attractive NFL prospect. As long as he stays motivated, Lucas is an intriguing NFL prospect and a player that grows on you the more you watch him

Strengths: Lucas is a large human being with a naturally wide base and an engulfing wingspan to eat up rushers off the snap. Lucas works hard to gain correct positioning and win with angles, staying balanced and patient with good reaction quickness to trust his eyes and quickly adjust. Really benefits from his aggressive mean streak.

Analysis: He is much more athletic than most his size, but he still plays like a tight and needs to show more natural knee bend, struggling with leverage. Lucas also needs to refine his hand use to better land his jabs and control defenders.

bodi

Reaction score
I am wondering if Jerry would look at Taylor Lewan, OT if Ealy an Muphy are gone trade back a little an get an extra pick

it be chance to get a good RT

STRENGTHS: With good height and length, he looks the part and has the frame to play on the left side at the next level, adding nearly 50 pounds since his senior year in high school. Possesses quick feet. A former defensive lineman, Lewan is known as a self-starter with a mean streak and nasty attitude on the field, but also became more of a leader as a junior in 2012.

He keeps his head on a swivel and has the competitive drive to win one-on-one battles. Demonstrates enough lateral agility and balance in his kick-slide to maintain the edge, while also possessing the strength to lock up his opponent.

bodi

Reaction score
and Dakota Dozier WHAT A LAST NAME got to love it

From Kiper and McShay's draft blog on ESPN.com today

Kiper: Dakota Dozier, OT, Furman Paladins
If you watched Furman hang around with LSU for a while Saturday, you should have seen Dozier. He plays tackle for the Paladins, but I think he'll end up at guard when he's in the NFL. What I see from Dozier is a player who is really aggressive, and is able to generate a ton of power as a run-blocker (another reason he will succeed at guard).

Dozier is a former wrestler, and is really good at creating leverage. He's also athletic enough to consistently get to the second level. I have him at 6-3 and about 303 pounds, and he looks like an athlete. I think he'll be the first non-FBS offensive lineman drafted and I'd put him at about Round 4 if the draft were tomorrow. Again, I think he ends up inside.

I like the kid think he will be a player for someone

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/dakota-dozier-vs-clemson-2012/

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
as far as O line we need some kind of trade - I really think Jerry is fine with it but I am not that seeing that FREE will be gone in after 14
They have a legit backup OT in Parnell. He has been good in the snaps that he's received.

Phil Costa is not a legit backup Guard.

If one of those 6-5 really strong OTs like Kouandjio falls to the Cowboys pick, he could also play Guard initially; whereas, I don't see Lewan as an option at Guard.

They are living dangerously if they only address the Guard position with a later round pick. They have roster spots for more than 1 OL to be added.

bodi

Reaction score
They have roster spots for more than 1 OL to be added

true enoh X

bodi

Reaction score
heres another guy I think they should look at

Wesley Johnson, OT/OG - but I have playing OG

6-5 #295

He has played virtually every important snap for the Commodores since the 2010 opener, and has started at four different line positions: left tackle, right tackle left guard and center. This year, Johnson has started every game at left tackle, protecting the blindside of Vanderbilt quarterbacks against one of the NCAA's top defensive ends. During his career, he has been flagged for just two holding penalties and has allowed just 7.5 quarterback sacks in 1,281 pass plays, averaging one sack per 171 plays.