1-15-22 Mock

The Realist

Reaction score
1) Nicholas Petit-Frere LG
2) Phidarian Mathis DT
3) Sam LaPorta TE
4a) Michael Clemons DE
4b) Sirvocea Dennis LB
5) Nick Ford C/G (started games at all 5 positions mostly C/RG)
6) Kendrick Duncan S

cnuball21

Reaction score
You’re a mock machine…

Surprised you have NPF as a G and not OT?

The Realist

Reaction score
You’re a mock machine…

Surprised you have NPF as a G and not OT?

Good things tend to happen when you take college LT’s and move them to OG (Allen, Martin, Leary, Connor). They have feet and athleticism most pure guards don’t have. NPF can play OT but we don’t have a need there unless we cut Tyron which we won’t. And even if Tyron is done that’s why we drafted Ball.

Given the top shelf interior OL will go early, would we rather take Zion Johnson BC or NPF at 32?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Good things tend to happen when you take college LT’s and move them to OG (Allen, Martin, Leary, Connor). They have feet and athleticism most pure guards don’t have. NPF can play OT but we don’t have a need there unless we cut Tyron which we won’t. And even if Tyron is done that’s why we drafted Ball.

Given the top shelf interior OL will go early, would we rather take Zion Johnson BC or NPF at 32?

I hear you but NPF is a top 50 prospect at OT that can likely stick there. If we have the chance to draft a solid future LT I’m going to give him every chance to play that spot before moving him. Plus there’s usually only 1 maybe 2 interior OL players that go in the 1st outside of the OTs that get drafted then move inside after the fact.

The Realist

Reaction score
I hear you but NPF is a top 50 prospect at OT that can likely stick there. If we have the chance to draft a solid future LT I’m going to give him every chance to play that spot before moving him. Plus there’s usually only 1 maybe 2 interior OL players that go in the 1st outside of the OTs that get drafted then move inside after the fact.

Doesn’t work that way because Tyron isn’t done in Dallas. So you would take NPF in the first round and not play him? Who’s your starting LG? FYI Larry Allen was better at OT than any OT he ever played with and he played LG.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Doesn’t work that way because Tyron isn’t done in Dallas. So you would take NPF in the first round and not play him? Who’s your starting LG? FYI Larry Allen was better at OT than any OT he ever played with and he played LG.

Tyron may not be done but dude is struggling to stay on the field the last few years. If an OT is clear cut BPA then I’d 100% draft him even if he doesn’t start every game year 1. You could let him play LG and ease him into LT or sit a year and develop:

I think Williams is ok at LG. Upgradable but not killing us…same as C.

I wouldn’t force the pick at any of those positions.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Tyron may not be done but dude is struggling to stay on the field the last few years. If an OT is clear cut BPA then I’d 100% draft him even if he doesn’t start every game year 1. You could let him play LG and ease him into LT or sit a year and develop:

Biadasz should absolutely be replaced.

The Realist

Reaction score

Smith NPF TB Zack LC

Steele CM Farniok CM Steele

Ball, Nseke and Ford (Center draft pick) factor in as well.

Most people assume Ball is a JAG/bust, but he absolutely factors into the draft and the future.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Smith NPF TB Zack LC

Steele CM Farniok CM Steele

Ball, Nseke and Ford (Center draft pick) factor in as well.

Most people assume Ball is a JAG/bust, but he absolutely factors into the draft and the future.

I love the idea of drafting a LT and moving him to OG, I’m just saying if the kid is good enough to play OT give him a chance once Tryon moves on.

Ball shouldn’t even have been on our draft board but that’s a whole different discussion. Very little in him amounting to much past a backup.

The Realist

Reaction score
I love the idea of drafting a LT and moving him to OG, I’m just saying if the kid is good enough to play OT give him a chance once Tryon moves on.

Ball shouldn’t even have been on our draft board but that’s a whole different discussion. Very little in him amounting to much past a backup.

I disagree with using NPF at left tackle unless we are just completely bustola there. Again we have a long history of moving college LT’s to guard. Our biggest weaknesses on O are the ability to run inside and giving up interior pressure. We need to fix that. Long story short I would rather have NPF at LG in the first round then Zion or Smith Va tech in the 2nd round. I want elite athletes with elite feet.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I disagree with using NPF at left tackle unless we are just completely bustola there. Again we have a long history of moving college LT’s to guard. Our biggest weaknesses on O are the ability to run inside and giving up interior pressure. We need to fix that. Long story short I would rather have NPF at LG in the first round then Zion or Smith Va tech in the 2nd round. I want elite athletes with elite feet.

Well that’s what I’m getting at…say we draft him, plays LG year 1 and is solid then Tyron retires or is done with injury and shows that he can be an above average LT why in the world would you not let him play there?

If the plan is OG no matter what then from a draft value perspective I’d probably wait until the 2nd/3rd if I know it’s going to be a G. Way better value there and still selection of really good players.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Coaches should have a good idea about Ball. Still we have to continue retooling the OL. It’s a blinking red light. Right now watching this game should be all we need to know about the oline.

The Realist

Reaction score
With humility I agree we gotta replace him

If you’re old enough to remember, Connor and Biadasz remind me of OC Clay Shiver (especially Connor). He would snap the ball and be pushed back into Troy’s face before Troy hit his last step back.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Perfectly fine with that just don’t force the pick…prolly is the weakest link on OL if had I had to pick one but he’s serviceable.
Conner Williams is by far the weakest link on the line, as well as McGovern the LG position as a whole....