1 - 21 - 14 CBS Mock

bodi

Reaction score
trade down pick up an extra pick

1 Calvin Pryor, FS, 6-2 #208 Louisville

We need a REAL FS badly - ONE THAT WILL HIT A GUY

The hard-hitting junior earned his second career conference accolade after compiling 69 tackles, 5.5 which resulted in a loss of yardage, three interceptions and two forced fumbles.

Use that extra pick an trade up and get

2 Timmy Jernigan, DT, 6-2 #300 Florida State

fits Kiffens mold

finished the season with 63 tackles, including 4.5 sacks and was a second-team AP All-American. First Team All-American

2 Kareem Martin, DE, 6-6, #265 North Carolina

Martin really broke out as a senior, having by far his best statistical season and picking up 78 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 11 sacks and 14 quarterback hurries

3 Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, 6-2 #213 Nebraska

4 Dakota Dozier, OG, 6-4 #295 Furman

5 Kevin Norwood, WR, 6-2, #200 Alabama

7 Storm Johnson, RB, 6 #220 UFC

7 Bruce Gaston, DT, 6 -2 #310 Purdue

7 Jeff Mathews, QB, 6-3 #225 Cornell

Macnalty

Reaction score

The hard-hitting junior earned his second career conference accolade after compiling 69 tackles, 5.5 which resulted in a loss of yardage, three interceptions and two forced fumbles.

fits Kiffens mold

finished the season with 63 tackles, including 4.5 sacks and was a second-team AP All-American. First Team All-American

Martin really broke out as a senior, having by far his best statistical season and picking up 78 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, 11 sacks and 14 quarterback hurries

I think we would see a trade back for the 1st pick if this were to happen, gathering another third rd pick. I like the talent level of the player just my gut says we trade.

Kristen82

Reaction score

fits Kiffens mold

You're pretty smart for a doggie...

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Love those first three picks.

It fits need with quality college production.

btcutter

Reaction score

fits Kiffens mold

Not to burst anyone's bubble but how did you trade down from the first round is still get 1st round and two second-round picks maintain your third and fourth and fifth?
If only we find a trade partner like that.

Other than that, good players.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Bets mock I have seen so far. Good job. Getting Pryor and Jernigan would floor me. I don't think Jernigan has the moves or athleticism of Donald, but he is a violent athlete, a mauler and can play both DT positions in this defense.

Pryor looks like the real deal. He is the first safety I have considered in the first round in a long time.

bodi

Reaction score
Not to burst anyone's bubble but how did you trade down from the first round is still get 1st round and two second-round picks maintain your third and fourth and fifth?
If only we find a trade partner like that.

Other than that, good players.

well Karmeen is 3rd rder IMO

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
good haul, solid moves.

really like what pryor and jernigan add day 1.

think Baptiste will be a gamble. some team (like fans) will see him as the next Sherman and overdraft him.
thing is most 6'2" can't cover.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I wouldn't be against Pryor in the 1st if Donald is no longer on the board. I'm starting to think Donald might go much higher than people expect. And I'm thinking Trent Murphy might drop a little bit. I would be happiest with Donald in the 1st and Murphy in the 2nd. I'd rather fix this line first instead of spending a high pick on FS. I know FS is a big need, but we have a bunch of young guys and maybe we can get a decent veteran free agent. Still not sure why we cut 'what's his name' from Pittsburgh this past year.

cmoney23

Reaction score
If we landed that draft I would dance in the street and not stop dancing until we won the super bowl the next year.

You'd have three day one starters on D with that draft, but Jernigan is probably a top 10 pick, so I doubt we can land him and Pryor.
SJB is a stud, big physical corner!

The WR pick would make me kinda mad, we don't need anymore WR's.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I do not see a corner taken in the first four rounds. we already have to much money invested in the top three corners right now. also have webb coming back for his second year. if we take a corner it will be in the fifth or seventh round for special team player.

lwehlers

Reaction score
If we landed that draft I would dance in the street and not stop dancing until we won the super bowl the next year.

You'd have three day one starters on D with that draft, but Jernigan is probably a top 10 pick, so I doubt we can land him and Pryor.

if we get rid of Austin we would only have four receivers. we will need another receiver to take his place.

cmoney23

Reaction score
if we get rid of Austin we would only have four receivers. we will need another receiver to take his place.

Of course you are right, and I do think Austin is gone. I'd like to replace him with a more proven Vet though(Mario Manningham, Dominick Hixon, heck maybe even Hakeem Nicks might be cheap enough). But again, i'd love this draft... I'd want another DLman , but its more nit picking than anything on that pick.

bodi

Reaction score
Looking for a WR who has a natural ability to high point the ball in the air? Take a look at Alabama’s Kevin Norwood

bodi

Reaction score

but Jernigan is probably a top 10 pick

On CBS draft Jernigan is 2 rounder

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Would be a real nice draft in my opinion.

Love the idea of a big corner. Team has obvious matchup issues with bigger wr's.