2a) Maurkice Pouncey C/G

2b) Traded for 3 and 4

3a) Kyle Calloway RT

3b) AOA CB

4a) Robert Johnson FS

4b) Torell Troupe NT

6) Marshall Newhouse G

7) Emmanuel Sanders WR

That would be a haul. Plus we would have 2 1sts in 2011. I really like Calloway and AOA. I'm also quite smitten with Pouncey. Only concern is how he adapts to playing a more pro-style game. Can anyone provide good examples of how FL OL have translated to the NFL? Especially since Meyer took over?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Realist;3248954 said:
Trade 2011 3 or 4 for Joshua Cribbs PR/KR/RB/WR Cleveland

Umm, you think the Browns would actually do that? A 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011 has the value of a 4th or 5th round pick. I SERIOUSLY doubt Cleveland would give up Josh Cribbs for that. I tend to think they wouldn't even accept our 2nd round pick this year for him unless there was someone on the board they really wanted at the time.

The Realist

Reaction score
nyc;3249587 said:
Umm, you think the Browns would actually do that? A 3rd or 4th round pick in 2011 has the value of a 4th or 5th round pick. I SERIOUSLY doubt Cleveland would give up Josh Cribbs for that. I tend to think they wouldn't even accept our 2nd round pick this year for him unless there was someone on the board they really wanted at the time.

What did they take for Braylon?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Realist;3249595 said:
What did they take for Braylon?

Braylon is broke*** WR who drops half of the passes thrown his way that would in no way sniff a pro bowl these days. Cribbs is a pro bowl return man.

The Realist

Reaction score
nyc;3249641 said:
Braylon is broke*** WR who drops half of the passes thrown his way that would in no way sniff a pro bowl these days. Cribbs is a pro bowl return man.

He's a Pro Bowl return man that they don't want.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Realist;3249657 said:
He's a Pro Bowl return man that they don't want.

They don't want him? That I didn't know. :laugh2: Still, they could get more for him than a 2011 3rd or 4th pick. Some teams have spent 2nd round picks on a return man. Hell, Miami spent a 1st round pick on Ted Ginn. Of course, Cam Cameron and Ginn's family were great friends which is why Ginn was drafted like that. (Cam should have been fired the second that pick was made)

The Realist

Reaction score
nyc;3249667 said:
They don't want him? That I didn't know. :laugh2: Still, they could get more for him than a 2011 3rd or 4th pick. Some teams have spent 2nd round picks on a return man. Hell, Miami spent a 1st round pick on Ted Ginn. Of course, Cam Cameron and Ginn's family were great friends which is why Ginn was drafted like that. (Cam should have been fired the second that pick was made)

They low-balled him on a contract offer and he got pissed/offended. Said he is done negotiating and wants to be traded.

Jerry would give anything to have us in the Super Bowl on our home field. We've seen how much impact Joe D had on our ST's and Jerry loves him. Get Joe D all the weapons he wants.

We had trouble scoring points in spite of all the yards we had. An explosive return man could help a lot in that area. On top of his return skills Cribbs is a good runner and decent WR. YPC not good as a WR but he was in Cleveland.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Realist;3249680 said:
They low-balled him on a contract offer and he got pissed/offended. Said he is done negotiating and wants to be traded.

Did he actually get THAT offended or is he just using it as a tool to get the hell out of Cleveland! :lmao2:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dude who are you, Bill Belicheat? what's with your fascination of trading down?

dmoore

Reaction score
The Realist;3249722 said:

They weren't just going to give Cribbs away. He has tremendous value and was honestly the Browns best player (well, maybe Rodgers but it's easy to overlook him on that awful D). As a KR/PR/WR/RB/Wildcat QB, he can be a dynamic weapon for any team in the league. Plus, if you trade for him you'd have to give him a new deal. I'd expect CLE would want at least a 2nd for him, maybe early 3rd.

Just draft a guy in the mid to late rounds that has some experience returning kicks and punts and see if he can do better than what we got.

The Realist

Reaction score
It's called getting value for your picks.

If you don't have a lot of immediate needs why stand there and take someone just for the sake of using the pick.

There is safety in numbers and dynasties are built 23-53.