1/3 Season Mark Defensive Grades

McMicah

Reaction score
Part II: Hello one and all. We are over 1/3 through the season, and I think we are beginning to understand our players. I’ll step in it first but please let me know how you would grade us

3T: A-
A whole lot to like with a ton of depth. Love Osa and weirdly Gholston plays well from here

1T: C+
I love Bohana as a growing player, but I’d love a Derrick Brown type immovable object with penetration ability here. This is a big key to stopping the bleeding on run defensive IMO

DE: A
This could be an A+, but we don’t set the edge well enough in run D. Still, Sam Williams is a future monster, and I’m counting Micah as part of this. Then you have Armstrong, DLaw, Fowler…..nasty

LB: B
This is hard to grade based on what type of linebacker, and if you count Kearse (I don’t). We need a solid cover LB (cough* Cox) and a true thumper (cough/pray* D Clark). Lots of potential here. Honestly I know I will get murdered for saying this, but Micah hasn’t performed as well in a LB role this year…sorry

CB: B
Diggs is a playmaker who takes risks, and I’m cool with that. Everyone else plays solidish, and I’m legit excited about Bland coming on

S: A-
Really waffled here between A- and B+. Kearse is just so valuable, and D Wilson is a complete psycho. If Wilson grows in coverage and perhaps an upgrade to FS you are staring at A/A+ range