1 in 5 Young Adults Has High Blood Pressure

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to look at the source but interesting that rates were way higher than expected.

Harris and her team have been following more than 14,000 kids since 1995, in an effort to catalog their health from adolesence to adulthood. At their most recent check-in in 2008, she says, is when they discovered the very high rates of hypertension and found that close to 37% were obese.

This part is a little wordy but I think that 37% of the entire study were classified as "obese".

I'd really like to check out the source article but can only find it on a subscription site right now. Can't find a free source.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I just got checked out last Saturday when I donated blood. They said I checked out great! :)

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
my bp is great too. I have elevated cholesterol though, but it is due to high HDL, which is actually cardioprotective.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
I have had high blood pressure ONCE, but I think it was stress. My cholestrol is a little HIGH...

...but that's just because I eat fast food everyday.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
110 over 70 ever since I can remember.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Well that pretty much figures with all the fatties out there now. Go by any elementary school or middle school and you will see maybe as many as one third of them are fat. I remember in school we usually had at most one fat kid in any class.