1 last off-season mock before the combine

tm1119

Reaction score
Resign- LVE, McGovern, Hankins, Fowler, Rush
Restructure/extend- Martin, Dak and Tyron
Free Agents- Rock Ya-Sin(CB), A’Shawn Robinson(DT), Parris Campbell(WR), Corey Littleton(LB), and Alexander Mattison(RB)
June 1st cut- Zeke
Cut- Lewis & Gallimore

Trade- 2 5th comps to Jets for WR Denzel Mims

1st- Luke Musgrave TE Oregon St
2nd- Jordan Battle S Alabama
3rd- Tank Bigsby RB Auburn
4th- Zacch Pickens DT S Carolina
5th- Xavier Hutchinson WR Iowa St
6th- Juice Scruggs G/C Penn State
7th- Jake Moody K Michigan

QB- Dak & Rush
RB- Bigsby, Mattison & Davis
WR- Lamb, Gallup, Campbell, Mims, Hutchinson, Turpin
TE- Musgrave, Ferguson, Hendershot, McKeon
OT- Tyler, Steele, Tyron, Ball
OG- Martin, McGovern, Scruggs
C- Biadasz & Farniok

Edge- Parsons, Williams, Fowler
1 Tech- Robinson & Hankins
3 Tech- Osa, Pickens, Golston
DE- Lawrence & Armstrong
Mike- LVE, Littleton, Harper
WIL- Clark & Cox
S/LB Hybrid- Kearse
CB- Diggs & Joseph
Slot- Bland & Mukuamu
CB- Ya-Sin
SS- Battle & Bell
FS- Hooker & Wright

K- Moody/Vizcaino
P- Anger
LS- Overton

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Free Agents- Rock Ya-Sin(CB), A’Shawn Robinson(DT), Parris Campbell(WR), Corey Littleton(LB), and Alexander Mattison(RB)
June 1st cut- Zeke
Cut- Lewis & Gallimore

QB- Dak & Rush
C- Biadasz & Farniok

DE- Lawrence & Armstrong
WIL- Clark & Cox
S/LB Hybrid- Kearse
CB- Diggs & Joseph
Slot- Bland & Mukuamu
CB- Ya-Sin
SS- Battle & Bell
FS- Hooker & Wright

K- Moody/Vizcaino
P- Anger
LS- Overton
I would be interested in your review of those free agents.

My3Sons

Reaction score
June 1st cut- Zeke
Cut- Lewis & Gallimore

QB- Dak & Rush
C- Biadasz & Farniok

DE- Lawrence & Armstrong
WIL- Clark & Cox
S/LB Hybrid- Kearse
CB- Diggs & Joseph
Slot- Bland & Mukuamu
CB- Ya-Sin
SS- Battle & Bell
FS- Hooker & Wright

K- Moody/Vizcaino
P- Anger
LS- Overton
You have more confidence in Joseph than most.

tm1119

Reaction score
You have more confidence in Joseph than most.
As the 5th CB? If 1 of the outside CB’s get hurt you just flip Bland outside and play Mukuamu in the slot again. Obviously not at all what he was drafted for, but Joseph actually has value as a special teamer.

VACowboy

Reaction score
June 1st cut- Zeke
Cut- Lewis & Gallimore

QB- Dak & Rush
C- Biadasz & Farniok

DE- Lawrence & Armstrong
WIL- Clark & Cox
S/LB Hybrid- Kearse
CB- Diggs & Joseph
Slot- Bland & Mukuamu
CB- Ya-Sin
SS- Battle & Bell
FS- Hooker & Wright

K- Moody/Vizcaino
P- Anger
LS- Overton
I did a mock this morning and Murgrave was my first-rounder too. Reminds me of George Kittle

tm1119

Reaction score
I would be interested in your review of those free agents.
Rock Ya-Sin- Decent size at 6’ 190 and had 4.51 speed and a 39.5” vertical at the combine. Tough and physical CB that isn’t afraid to tackle. Biggest issue with him has been durability…but if we are willing to gamble on that I think we would be getting a quality #2 CB at a discounted price. I can see the more sure thing CB’s in free agency bring out of Stephen’s price range and I don’t want to go into the draft forcing an early pick because we need a starting CB.
2021- “This past year Ya-Sin lowered his allowed completion percentage to 53.3 and only gave up 217 yards and three touchdowns.”
2022-“allowed 42 receptions on 69 targets and only one touchdown catch. He recorded seven pass defenses and had a 82.6 passer rating when targeted, which was the best mark of his career thus far.”

A’Shawn Robinson- I think you’ve been championing for Robinson as well. Big strong mauler on the inside at 1Tech that will vastly improve the run D. Should come at a reasonable price tag compared to the top options on the free agent market.

Parris Campbell- I think the market is pretty bare at WR and what little is available is going to get vastly overpaid. I see Campbell as a upside signing who could use a change of scenery from the Colts awful passing game the past few years. He’s 6’ 205 with 4.31 speed and a 40” vert. He may never be a high volume #2 WR, but if used correctly he can be a dangerous weapon with the ball in his hands and keep defenses honest as a vertical threat.

Corey Littleton- Not going to pretend to be passionate about this 1. But with Clark, Cox, and Harper already on the roster developing I think we will need a vet LB as depth and injury insurance. Littleton has plenty of starting experience and made a pro-bowl for the Rams back in 2018. If not Littleton, there are a few other LB’s that won’t hurt the team if they start and can likely be had for a reasonable $4-6M/year.

Alexander Mattison- Hasn’t gotten his chance to shine playing behind Cook in Minny, but Mattison runs hard and with a good burst. And at still only 24 there’s plenty of tread left on the tires. Can play as a 3 down back if need be with pass blocking and catching ability. If not Mattison, D’Ernest Johnson is another cheap young RB with breakout potential I’d sign.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rock Ya-Sin- Decent size at 6’ 190 and had 4.51 speed and a 39.5” vertical at the combine. Tough and physical CB that isn’t afraid to tackle. Biggest issue with him has been durability…but if we are willing to gamble on that I think we would be getting a quality #2 CB at a discounted price. I can see the more sure thing CB’s in free agency bring out of Stephen’s price range and I don’t want to go into the draft forcing an early pick because we need a starting CB.
2021- “This past year Ya-Sin lowered his allowed completion percentage to 53.3 and only gave up 217 yards and three touchdowns.”
2022-“allowed 42 receptions on 69 targets and only one touchdown catch. He recorded seven pass defenses and had a 82.6 passer rating when targeted, which was the best mark of his career thus far.”

A’Shawn Robinson- I think you’ve been championing for Robinson as well. Big strong mauler on the inside at 1Tech that will vastly improve the run D. Should come at a reasonable price tag compared to the top options on the free agent market.

Parris Campbell- I think the market is pretty bare at WR and what little is available is going to get vastly overpaid. I see Campbell as a upside signing who could use a change of scenery from the Colts awful passing game the past few years. He’s 6’ 205 with 4.31 speed and a 40” vert. He may never be a high volume #2 WR, but if used correctly he can be a dangerous weapon with the ball in his hands and keep defenses honest as a vertical threat.

Corey Littleton- Not going to pretend to be passionate about this 1. But with Clark, Cox, and Harper already on the roster developing I think we will need a vet LB as depth and injury insurance. Littleton has plenty of starting experience and made a pro-bowl for the Rams back in 2018. If not Littleton, there are a few other LB’s that won’t hurt the team if they start and can likely be had for a reasonable $4-6M/year.

Alexander Mattison- Hasn’t gotten his chance to shine playing behind Cook in Minny, but Mattison runs hard and with a good burst. And at still only 24 there’s plenty of tread left on the tires. Can play as a 3 down back if need be with pass blocking and catching ability. If not Mattison, D’Ernest Johnson is another cheap young RB with breakout potential I’d sign.
Thanks. Good review.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did some checking, Rock Ya-Sin missed the final 5 games of 2022 but he (apparently) did not require surgery.

I assume that means he is probably already healthy or soon will be if not recovering from surgery.

tm1119

Reaction score
Did some checking, Rock Ya-Sin missed the final 5 games of 2022 but he (apparently) did not require surgery.

I assume that means he is probably already healthy or soon will be if not recovering from surgery.
Yeah I think he should be healthy next year. He just hasn’t managed to put together a full healthy year in his 4 year career yet. There’s definitely risk there, but as you said, none of the injuries appear to have been long term injuries that should affect him going forward. And he’s been affective when on the field.

Hard to project free agent contracts, but I read he might be looking for a 1 year “prove it” deal if there isn’t a big offer on the table. Gamble on himself to be healthy and play well and then hit the free agent market again before his 28th birthday.

My3Sons

Reaction score
As the 5th CB? If 1 of the outside CB’s get hurt you just flip Bland outside and play Mukuamu in the slot again. Obviously not at all what he was drafted for, but Joseph actually has value as a special teamer.
Sorry, I missed the backup part. My apologies.

I don't even like him as a special teamer. He is a low IQ player and a penalty waiting to happen. Gregory without all of the talent.