1 last pre-combine mock

tm1119

Reaction score
Round 1- Charles Harris DE Mizzu- He's not a perfect prospect, but has the kind of quick twitch and burst necessary to be a serious pass rush threat in the NFL. Already comes equipped with a nasty spin move. Going to need to add some NFL strength and play the run better to be a 3 down player, but can impact the game as a situational pass rusher until that happens. I wish he was he was a couple inches taller and was better against the run, but the skillset he possess gives him near elite potential in the future if he continues to improve.

Round 2- Marcus Maye S Florida- The next up in a long line of good Florida safety's. Hybrid safety with the ability to cover in space and come down and make a big hit int he box. Thickly built 6' 215 frame with long arms. Missed last 4 games of Sr year due to broken arm but was a 3 year starter at Florida. 11 combined INT's and FF over 24 games as a starter.

Round 3- Ahkello Witherspoon CB Colorado- Listed at 6'3 but has the quick feet and loose hips of a smaller CB. Can mirror most WR's in space. 26% completion percentage against him with 20 passes defended in 2016. Just needs to add weight and improve run D and he can become a good starting CB real quick. His size, speed, and fluidiy is pretty rare for the position, I think he's going to shoot up draft boards.

Round 4- Josh Malone WR Tennessee- 6'3 200 lb dynamic down field threat. Former 5 star recruit that was under utilized in Tennessee's offense never giving him great exposure. 972 yards and 11 TD's catching a lot of bad balls from Josh Dobbs. Strong reliable hands and shows versatility with his route running. Could be a mid round gem with high potential.

Round 6- TJ Logan RB North Carolina- Dynamic kick returner who can also fill Dunbar's role in the offense as the receiving back. Fumble problem that needs to be sorted out, but as long as he doesn't drop the ball on kick returns should be able to find a roster spot because of his game changing ability.

Round 7- Joey Ivie DT Florida- Not a highly publized player but a 2 year starter on some pretty good Florida defenses. Strong and a hard worker who flashes some rush every once in a while. I think he ends up making an NFL roster drafted or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w496Aftsryg

Round 7- Tyrone Swoopes TE Texas- Because, why not? Can never have enough intriguing TE conversion projects laying around

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I like everything but the maye pick. And I like Malone but I think we take Ross over him because of his boy Dak. I think there are better safeties in round 2than Maye

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Not a Harris fan at all and I'm not sure what to make of Maye. I liked the Florida CBs amnd loved Keanu Neal last year. I thought Maye showed flashes but was a nonfactor in big games.

I watched several Colorado games to check out Chidobe Awuzie and I kept getting impressed by Witherspoon (also keep your eyes on Isaiah Oliver for next year). A buddy of mine is HUGE on Josh Malone. I liked the way Logan ran the ball at UNC. Didn't notice Ivie in the Florida games I watched. Swoopes in an intriguing athlete.

tm1119

Reaction score
I like everything but the maye pick. And I like Malone but I think we take Ross over him because of his boy Dak. I think there are better safeties in round 2than Maye

Who are those safeties you like out of curiosity? I honestly struggled with who to put in the 2nd round

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Marcus Williams, baker, Lorenzo Jerome to start.
Little high for Jerome although I think people will hold his competition level against him.

Baker, well, all I can say is that I shed a tear that we won't draft him. He can play. All the Washington secondary players are going to be good.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Little high for Jerome although I think people will hold his competition level against him.

Baker, well, all I can say is that I shed a tear that we won't draft him. He can play. All the Washington secondary players are going to be good.

Sidney Jones might be my favorite cornerback. Or least hated, to be more accurate.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sidney Jones might be my favorite cornerback. Or least hated, to be more accurate.
He is the best corner in this draft, the only one close to him may be Lattimore. The rest, like the Florida corners, White, Humphrey, a real notch below.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is the best corner in this draft, the only one close to him may be Lattimore. The rest, like the Florida corners, White, Humphrey, a real notch below.

Lattimore's the consensus #1 everywhere I look but I agree Jones is the player I'd rather have. Really good size and ball skills. I just trust him more at the pro level.

tm1119

Reaction score
Humphrey is a notch above and that will be clear soon.

If his tape doesn't make it clear what will? Overrated because of the D he played on and just because of his size. Plays with his hands way too much, he can't run with and mirror WR's like Jones and Lattimore can

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
If his tape doesn't make it clear what will? Overrated because of the D he played on and just because of his size. Plays with his hands way too much, he can't run with and mirror WR's like Jones and Lattimore can

If Jones weighed 25 more pounds and ran as fast as Humphrey he would be in the mix for top 15. He is not and wont be. Humphrey will be. Watch what happens following the combine.

tm1119

Reaction score
If Jones weighed 25 more pounds and ran as fast as Humphrey he would be in the mix for top 15. He is not and wont be. Humphrey will be. Watch what happens following the combine.

You can use whatever measurements you want...I'll go by how they played on the field. Jones is flat out a better cover CB than Humphrey. I don't need the combine to tell me that

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

Baker simply has ball skills, I think passing on him would be a huge mistake simply due to measurables.

Jones definitely closest to Lattimore.

I like the Harris and Witherspoon picks in this mock.

Last edited:

waving monkey

Reaction score
I can't get settled on any DE but do think Harris will be there and be solid.
I'm oK with Mays
Wihterspoon I'll watch more youtube.
overall if this is our draft I'm OK
thanks for your effort you put some time on this

RandyOh

Reaction score
Who are those safeties you like out of curiosity? I honestly struggled with who to put in the 2nd round
I would say Budda Baker, Desmond King, and Marcus Williams are 2nd round safeties. Obi Melifonwu, Marcus Maye, and Justin Evans are 3rd round safeties. Maye has become one of my favorites in this draft. I think he would be a perfect fit at strong safety. Take advantage of his instincts and ball skills without having to worry about his lapses in coverage.