1 Man Dead of a Heart Attack, 3 Arrested After Hotel Wedding Brawl in Philly w/vid

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By LINSEY DAVIS | Good Morning America – 14 hours ago

Philadelphia police have been investigating a violent brawl inside a hotel between the guests of two different wedding parties that left one man dead from an apparent heart attack, and three others arrested.

Dozens of police officers responded to the violent clash in the lobby of the Sheraton Society Hill in Philadelphia Sunday around 2 a.m. At one point the fight got so chaotic that police used batons on those who resisted their efforts to break up the fight. One person had to be subdued with a Taser. Police said the use of such force was justified.

A 57-year-old man was found apparently undergoing a heart attack on the street outside the hotel and later died at a nearby hospital. His name has not been released by police, but he was reportedly the uncle of one of the brides, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Link: http://gma.yahoo.com/1-man-dead-heart-attack-3-arrested-hotel-070608925--abc-news-topstories.html

Video: http://news.yahoo.com/video#video=30810877

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I just read about that and saw the video.

The City Of Brotherly Love.

:cool:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5Stars;4775330 said:
The City Of Brotherly Love.
Makes me think back to what happened here yesterday in Kansas City when the fans booed Cassell when he got hurt.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
'Alcohol played a role'.

I'd wager belligerence and pride played bigger roles.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Stay classy Philadelphia.

ron_burgundy_sleazy.jpg

wittenacious

Reaction score
Absolute CRAZINESS! Ridiculous adult behavior aplenty, including wedding party individuals and some of the police, alike, though I can at least try to understand how the cops might have felt overwhelmed and acted accordingly. Still, in all of it... clocking a bride???

How much of this goes back to decisions made about whom to invite? Hang w/ me as I'm not making fun: It's a big — HUGE — day for all of the key people in both wedding parties — especially the brides, with their lifetime dreams in the balance. I wonder how much this sort of nonsense might be about the quantity of the wedding attendees vs. the quality of the wedding attendees?

No fault being aimed at the brides/grooms intended... NOT saying that... just floating a thought that comes to mind when I see stuff like this.

Where should the lines be drawn? No booze? No borderline volatile personalities on the guest invitee lists? Is there any way to legitimately guard against this kind of potential aberrant behavior? IDK.

nicoletbren

Reaction score
I just read the news and it was really something to talk about since they just don't care of the man who got a heart attack. He might have enjoyed the pleasure of love.

Phoenix

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4775328 said:
By LINSEY DAVIS | Good Morning America – 14 hours ago

Philadelphia police have been investigating a violent brawl inside a hotel between the guests of two different wedding parties that left one man dead from an apparent heart attack, and three others arrested.

Dozens of police officers responded to the violent clash in the lobby of the Sheraton Society Hill in Philadelphia Sunday around 2 a.m. At one point the fight got so chaotic that police used batons on those who resisted their efforts to break up the fight. One person had to be subdued with a Taser. Police said the use of such force was justified.

A 57-year-old man was found apparently undergoing a heart attack on the street outside the hotel and later died at a nearby hospital. His name has not been released by police, but he was reportedly the uncle of one of the brides, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Link: http://gma.yahoo.com/1-man-dead-heart-attack-3-arrested-hotel-070608925--abc-news-topstories.html

Video: http://news.yahoo.com/video#video=30810877

Huh. The main video they wanted to show me using the video link was of a man dying after a live roach eating contest in which he ate dozens of live roaches & worms I guess. Didn't watch...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Well I did not make the wedding but one side of the family had a brawl at a wedding here many years ago. Except the brawl was between the Bride and grooms family and the groom was one of the people that ended up in jail.

The funny part is the brawl started over two girls fighting over some guy at the wedding.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Wow! What in the World are those idiots fighting about? Way to ruin the special day for the bride and groom.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
vta;4775549 said:
'Alcohol played a role'.

I'd wager belligerence and pride played bigger roles.

Alcohol and belligerence seem to hang out together a lot, .. huh?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4778642 said:
Alcohol and belligerence seem to hang out together a lot, .. huh?

I wouldn't say that. A great number of problems occur without alcohol on a daily basis.

Alcohol and normal people = no problem
Belligerence with alcohol = problem
Belligerence without alcohol = still a problem

Kangaroo

Reaction score
vta;4778695 said:
I wouldn't say that. A great number of problems occur without alcohol on a daily basis.

Let's put it in a better context to much alcohol mixed with bad decisions lead to disasters.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
vta;4778695 said:

Most people aren't 'normal people' after alcohol arrives.

Belligerence seems to love alcohol's company, and shows up after alcohol has been there a little while.