1-Tech FA

Sydla

Reaction score
Would love to make a run at Bennie Logan or Dontari Poe but it won’t happen

I want to like this 1,000,000 times.

You put a Poe or Logan at the 1 Tech, it allows Collins and Irving to play the 3 Tech and just makes the DL better. Go out and maybe use a late or comp pick on another 1 Tech and suddenly you have a deep, talented DL.

But this FO will do what they always do........... go cheap. And Marinelli will do what he always does............ think he can turn a 300lb gas station attendant into a starting NFL 1 Tech.

WeaponX

Reaction score

You put a Poe or Logan at the 1 Tech, it allows Collins and Irving to play the 3 Tech and just makes the DL better. Go out and maybe use a late or comp pick on another 1 Tech and suddenly you have a deep, talented DL.

But this FO will do what they always do........... go cheap. And Marinelli will do what he always does............ think he can turn a 300lb gas station attendant into a starting NFL 1 Tech.
Gosh, imagine what Irving could do against one interior lineman; Collins too. I think a beast 1 tech (perceived as the least important position in this scheme outside of the Sam) would do more for the defense than just about any other single move.

Sydla

Reaction score
Gosh, imagine what Irving could do against one interior lineman; Collins too. I think a beast 1 tech (perceived as the least important position in this scheme outside of the Sam) would do more for the defense than just about any other single move.

If there is a season to shake this FO and Marinelli into reassessing what they are doing at DT, you would think this would be it. They have to play Collins out of position because of their screw ups in thinking 2nd level retreads can be good 1 techs here.

Unfortunately, I suspect nothing will change. These guys are beyond stubborn as hell.

John813

Reaction score
Any broken has been dirt cheap 1 tech out there?
lol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we'll see the front office be a bit more aggressive than usual in addressing the defense this offseason. They won't go crazy, but I do think we'll add at least one impact defensive FA. I'm hoping for a S, but a 1-tech would make a lot of sense, too.

I also think we'll supplement the inside LBs with a veteran.

Then draft and develop behind that, with the young DBs hopefully getting better with experience and somehow finding a way to keep Martin, Lawrence, and getting in position to retain Irving down the road.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I think we'll see the front office be a bit more aggressive than usual in addressing the defense this offseason. They won't go crazy, but I do think we'll add at least one impact defensive FA. I'm hoping for a S, but a 1-tech would make a lot of sense, too.

I also think we'll supplement the inside LBs with a veteran.

Then draft and develop behind that, with the young DBs hopefully getting better with experience and somehow finding a way to keep Martin, Lawrence, and getting in position to retain Irving down the road.
Sounds about right.

jrumann59

Reaction score
If Collins is seeing double teams and irving is seeing double teams, and Lawrence is seeing Double teams from OT and TE/RB, and Craw is getting 1 on 1 how the hell can the other team pass the ball at all with only 3 guys in patterns.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Is there a particular reason why Irving shouldn't be a DE full time or at least the majority of the time? He's the tallest of the bunch and I cannot believe Crawford is a better option. A starting front line of DLaw. a FA 1T, Collins, and Irving sounds pretty formidable to me. We would have pretty good depth behind that too. Is he not quick enough?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They did really like Logan in the draft a while back

They like Poe alot too, but that was under Ryan

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dear God, Poe on this line would make us the 85 Bears...

waving monkey

Reaction score
Everyone agrees except