10 Roster Spots Left!

ejthedj

Reaction score
Ok, play along with me. By my calculations, 43 spots are filled without question. They are:

QB -- only 3
WR -- 4, TO, Glenn, Crayton, Green
RB -- 2, Jones and Barber
TE -- 3, Witten, Fasno, Hannam
Oline -- 7, Gurode, Johnson, Pettiti, Columbo, Flozell, Rivera, Kosier
Dline -- 6, Ratliff, Spears, Canty, Hatcher, Fergie, Pepper J.
LB -- 8, Ware, Ayodele, Carpenter, Bradie, Ellis, Fowler, Burnett, Al (trust me)
CB -- 4 -- Newman, Henry, Glenn, Reeves
S -- 3 -- Roy, Keith, Pat
Special Teams -- 3

That adds up to 43 players.

Sp, say you are Parcells, you got ten slots left...you need to pick a RB, a WR, atleast 1 CB/S and atleast 2 Oline. That's five of your slots...leaving 5 to move around between positions. Who do you take?

People competing:

WR -- Hurd, Copper, ??
RB -- Polite, Thompson, Kincaide
CB -- Jones, Coleman
S -- Pile, Elam, Beriault
Oline -- Fabini, Proctor, Peterman, McQ
LB -- Glymph, Shanle, Boiman
TE -- curtis, ryan
Dline -- Stanley

Here's who i take ... and think bill takes
WR -- Hurd (too much potential)
RB -- polite and thompson (kicoff returner too)
CB -- Coleman, can play both
S -- Jones...ditto
Oline -- Peterman and Fabini (i take the vet backups after last year)
TE -- Curtis
Dline -- Stanley (don't think he'll make it to ps)
LB -- Boiman (st ace)

I hope we can get McQ, Elam, and Glymph on ps -- but i think glymph doesn't qualify. What do you think? This should at leat tell us who's battling for their lives and how many slots they are battling over.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
I agree with everything in your 43 EXCEPT I would put Boiman in the "for sure" pile and I would take Fowler out of it..

ejthedj

Reaction score
yeah, probably should have 11 spots with boiman, singleton, and fowler competing for one linebacker slot plus possibly a swing spot

ejthedj

Reaction score
coleman's fighting for a spot -- i took him as one of my 10

T-Bone 625

Reaction score
Good analysis. I agree with EmmittnRoy that Boiman is "for sure" and Fowler is fighting for the last LB spot. They specifically went and got Boiman and gave him a pretty good singing bonus for a back up player. His special teams ability and versatility to play inside and outside assures a spot.

Hurd will make the team because he won't clear waviers after all the positive pub. The Cowboys need to start thinking about the future at the WR position with TO and Glenn over 30. Copper is a good ST player, but he hasn't shown consistency at the WR position. Some good ST players have been added (Boiman and Watkins) that can pick up the slack. Watkins is supposedly a fantastic "gunner" on punt coverage. Rector is also a darkhorse if they keep six receivers.

I think Beriault's knee will finally end his football dream. Too bad because everyone really seems to be pulling for him. Coleman will make the team because he can play CB and S.

The O-line is the toughest position to call. Will Fabini play his way into shape after the injury. Is Bill confident enough in him to give him a training camp flyer? Is Peterman a "bust"? It sure seems to appear that way. Can Proctor play? The questions never seem to end with this group. I believe they will sign some players for the OL after the first round of cuts start. Their will be a lot of "churning" at the bottom of the OL depth chart.

ghst187

Reaction score
ejthedj said:
Ok, play along with me. By my calculations, 43 spots are filled without question. They are:

QB -- only 3
WR -- 4, TO, Glenn, Crayton, Green
RB -- 2, Jones and Barber
TE -- 3, Witten, Fasno, Hannam
Oline -- 7, Gurode, Johnson, Pettiti, Columbo, Flozell, Rivera, Kosier
Dline -- 6, Ratliff, Spears, Canty, Hatcher, Fergie, Pepper J.
LB -- 8, Ware, Ayodele, Carpenter, Bradie, Ellis, Fowler, Burnett, Al (trust me)
CB -- 4 -- Newman, Henry, Glenn, Reeves
S -- 3 -- Roy, Keith, Pat
Special Teams -- 3

That adds up to 43 players.

Sp, say you are Parcells, you got ten slots left...you need to pick a RB, a WR, atleast 1 CB/S and atleast 2 Oline. That's five of your slots...leaving 5 to move around between positions. Who do you take?

People competing:

WR -- Hurd, Copper, ??
RB -- Polite, Thompson, Kincaide
CB -- Jones, Coleman
S -- Pile, Elam, Beriault
Oline -- Fabini, Proctor, Peterman, McQ
LB -- Glymph, Shanle, Boiman
TE -- curtis, ryan
Dline -- Stanley

Here's who i take ... and think bill takes
WR -- Hurd (too much potential)
RB -- polite and thompson (kicoff returner too)
CB -- Coleman, can play both
S -- Jones...ditto
Oline -- Peterman and Fabini (i take the vet backups after last year)
TE -- Curtis
Dline -- Stanley (don't think he'll make it to ps)
LB -- Boiman (st ace)

1) Hurd
2) Polite
3) Thompson
4) Jones
5) Fabini
6) Curtis
7) Boiman
8) Coleman
9) Stanley
10) Pile

PS:
I could see Stanley getting put on the PS along with McQ to make room for fringe players like Pile, Copper, and/or Rector that are too good to cut if you can help it.

ejthedj

Reaction score
Nice analysis T-bone...I forot about Rector. He's still got a shot