Video: 105.3: A Pair of Key Injuries Could Haunt Cowboys After Loss To Seahawks

Carson

Reaction score
Not really seeing who they would trade for on the OL.

Hands seem tied up at the moment. Smith under contract, Martin under contract, Steele and Biadasz need new deals.

Carson

Reaction score
So they will trade an asset for something they coulda used a draft pick on to secure to begin with at a cheap contract?

How much will they pay this addition? What is the delta between this amount & what McGovern signed for?
It’s how it seems to go. Could’ve brought back McGovern or drafted Torrence. McGovern signed for 3 years, 22 million with Buffalo.

We just always have that one glaring hole each season. Receiver, Corner, safety etc.

yentl911

Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing Overshown this year. OL depth and Kicker appear to be major issues for this team. In the current day of the NFL, where parity reins, a kicker is a huge part of the team and your success.

We cannot count on Tyron to play all year or have any other health issues across the OL for the season. I would push to get another tackle (Our backups are garbage), guard and sign a top end kicker - get aggressive if the team is as close as being stated.

This organization always seems to be good but not good enough. Rinse and repeat.

yentl911

Reaction score
It’s how it seems to go. Could’ve brought back McGovern or drafted Torrence. McGovern signed for 3 years, 22 million with Buffalo.

We just always have that one glaring hole each season. Receiver, Corner, safety etc.
Exactly - it is always something.

McKDaddy

Reaction score

Sometimes you make decisions, roll the dice and it doesn't work out. I get that. However, if our first two picks do turn out to be mediocre, while alternatives are producing ..... it just feels so much worse.

FWIW, OCT seems to have already secured the starting RG position in Buffalo. They think his movement skills are fine.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the reasons we’re not playing starters. You usually get more injuries when you’re not playing against good competition, it’s sloppy play and that’s when injuries happen.

Qcard

Reaction score
I think it will be difficult to trade for an olineman because there is a league wide shortage of olinemen. Not sure about the linebacker claim either.
That's what I was thinking too. We just hope some other team is so decimated at DB they have to make a good on good trade.

Last time we traded away a DB to Kansas City ...dude has gone on to be a 2 time Super Bowl starter :dance:
Charvarius Ward for Parker Ehinger :laugh::facepalm:

StarMan2112

Reaction score

Broaddus Opinion 28:30 min Mark

1. Cowboys will TRADE for BIG Oline Piece

3. Cowboys will CLAIM LB for Depth

Last trade Jerry made for OL depth worked out great. We gave up a top 15 CB for a scrub who never played a down for us.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Not really seeing who they would trade for on the OL.

Hands seem tied up at the moment. Smith under contract, Martin under contract, Steele and Biadasz need new deals.

I would let Biadasz walk or test the market. He is just ok. Nothing special I actually think he is the weak link on the Oline

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing Overshown this year. OL depth and Kicker appear to be major issues for this team. In the current day of the NFL, where parity reins, a kicker is a huge part of the team and your success.

We cannot count on Tyron to play all year or have any other health issues across the OL for the season. I would push to get another tackle (Our backups are garbage), guard and sign a top end kicker - get aggressive if the team is as close as being stated.

This organization always seems to be good but not good enough. Rinse and repeat.
Good enough to keep the stands full and the merchandise selling - basically keeping the money train on schedule for the Jones boys. Not good enough to go far in the playoffs. That describes the Cowboys for the last 25 years or so. Great for the Jones family, not for us fans.