News: 105.3 Miller Comments on Dalton and Erving

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Driving home this evening I tuned into 105.3. Like always the show was far along, so I only got tidbits. But here they are.

Dalton will be good for this team. He has played in the West Coast before, and can win games if it comes to that. He will be really good for Dak by helping his transition to a new offense.

The portion I heard was very positive.

Ervin was forced to play tackle, and he is not athletic enough to do so. He has a really good punch. devastating. But only uses one arm to do so. Not both. He is not all that in run blocking, but much better in pass blocking. (Not sure who this Miller guy is but he covers the Cowboys is what was said) Stated being around better players will make him a better player.

But, if a player is on the field for 65 snaps, and he is good on 60 of them, he will be seen as a poor player. This has been the issue with Ervin.

One of these days I will be in at the beginning of a show and actually get some information instead of these bits and pieces.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Williams gets beat out by one of the other linemen at guard, he could become the new swing tackle, and perhaps a good starting tackle eventually.

I’ve been saying this for a while. I have nothing against Williams. I just think he might be better at tackle, where agility is more important, than at guard, where strength is the defining quality. Frankly, I think he might be a lot better.

https://thelandryhat.com/2020/05/06/dallas-cowboys-tyler-biadasz-cage-match/3/

Erving has a lot of positional flex to his play. He may end up being little more than camp fill, but there will be a lot of competition for center, left guard, and swing tackle for now.