105.3 the Fan Station Changes

Dunks3001

Reaction score
Heard some of it this morning on the Morning show but it was just talking about segment changes. No personnel changes but then went on to say they can not speak for other shows. So, just curious. Anyone hear anything about changes to other shows? Anyone leaving or coming or is it all segment changes?

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I'm in the area but only listen in randomly.
I did not hear anything the other day.

Hopefully they lost that Today Game segment.

Last edited:

Dunks3001

Reaction score
Well I found out a little more for those interested. Mostly just segment changes and taking more fan calls and text. The morning show specifically mentioned dropping High/Low game as the ratings for that segment where just kind of "meh". Reading between the lines it seems the ratings in general where just "ok" but nothing special. (I'm guessing The Ticket is still the number 1 rated station). So they are trying to shake things up a little bit.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Well I found out a little more for those interested. Mostly just segment changes and taking more fan calls and text. The morning show specifically mentioned dropping High/Low game as the ratings for that segment where just kind of "meh". Reading between the lines it seems the ratings in general where just "ok" but nothing special. (I'm guessing The Ticket is still the number 1 rated station). So they are trying to shake things up a little bit.

What station is the ticket?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
These were minimal one show only changes.
No big whoop.
The station itself is doing great having risen to a consistent number 2 in the market and it will get the yearly bounce of being the Cowboys flagship.

To get the best overall sportsradio experience one will have to dial switch (app/station/whatever) during the day imho.
To each their own preference but a couple of really popular shows to me and really popular personnel are simply awful.
Others who get very little love are grinding and excellent sources of real sports talk minus as much humor or entertainment.

Zordon

Reaction score
These were minimal one show only changes.
No big whoop.
The station itself is doing great having risen to a consistent number 2 in the market and it will get the yearly bounce of being the Cowboys flagship.

To get the best overall sportsradio experience one will have to dial switch (app/station/whatever) during the day imho.
To each their own preference but a couple of really popular shows to me and really popular personnel are simply awful.
Others who get very little love are grinding and excellent sources of real sports talk minus as much humor or entertainment.
My dial doesn't leave The Ticket. It might not be as good as it used to be but it's still the best we got in Texas. Those Fans guys just come off as try hards and kiss a**es a lot of the time. Ben/Skin have become so cookie cutter and such apologists for team in the area, it's sickening.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
My dial doesn't leave The Ticket. It might not be as good as it used to be but it's still the best we got in Texas. Those Fans guys just come off as try hards and kiss a**es a lot of the time. Ben/Skin have become so cookie cutter and such apologists for team in the area, it's sickening.
ehh, I started with the The Ticket and it fell off big-time.
The guy talk thing just played out and they generally dont have the access to the local teams some others do.

Ben and Skin obviously got their start at The Ticket.
Ben actually hates Dak and is far from his biggest fan because he actually LOVES Romo who is his golfing and former pick up basketball buddy.
So he has a Dak dig at any given opp.
Skin is a Mavs employee so yes he sees things from that very homer-centric view but the Mavs have the best under 25 duo in basetball and any basketball nerd (which Ben is big-time) would love them right now.

I have one of these guys actually blocked on twitter, lol. BUT....
The songs Ben and Skin created for the local teams are hilarious and can't miss radio gold.
They also have great guests such as Travis Frederick.
Ben's inside info on the Mavs and just general basketball knowledge are only matched by Sturm, who is IMHO the best.
Sturm is a talent with a great work ethic and it consistently shows up.

With it being the Cowbiys flagship you are definitely missing useful stuff if you don't listen to the Fan at least some.

I can't and haven't ever been able to enjoy the Musers. It's wildly popular but I never got it at all.
I've given it shots on any occasion but each time the segment list makes my ears bleed.

Norm is a legend but I barely equate him with the Ticket. He came over late in his career and his best work is behind him.