News: 105.3 The Fan: Tony Romo looks ahead to Super Bowl LV

Motorola

Reaction score
I love how excited and glowing Tony gets when he discusses Brady.

Probably because he never could beat him.
You are correct - but there were only two games between Cowboys and Patriots with Romo and Brady as the QBs (October 2007 and October 2011).

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
You are correct - but there were only two games between Cowboys and Patriots with Romo and Brady as the QBs (October 2007 and October 2011).
Yeah Romo was hurt when we played them in 2015. That was the infamous "I'll see you in February" game.

Panthers fans still give me hell in town for that Thanksgiving Day beating.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I won't watch any Super Bowl that doesn't have Dallas in it. Needless to say, I haven't seen a Super Bowl in a long time.
I''ve been a Cowboys Fan since the mid-60's. But I never let their lack of success in seasons they didn't make \ go far in the playoffs keep me from watching to see which team continues on to become NFL Champions.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Are you talking about Wade Phillips who was the defensive coach and Opie was the OC and asst head coach?

So many toss out bromides as empirical facts. Sometimes offensive hide the defensive deficiencies.

Subtract the running game from the offense and Dallas was done.

If Wade was a complete head coach he could have intervened wearing down Barber in the first half of that game. He had issues being a one dimensional, defense obsessed head coach for other teams as well. What a combination,
an incomplete head coach and incomplete offensive coordinator courtesy of our beloved GM and his mutant son.

Swagger

Reaction score
Going to be a blow out unless the zebras help out Brady again. A lot of people will have tuned out by half time.

Swagger

Reaction score
Doubt it. Most of the guys I know won’t be watching. I know I won’t.

Interest just isn’t there.
Same for me. First Superbowl that I will not be watching in 10 years - zero interest in either team and I couldn't care less who wins.

Flamma

Reaction score
Man, that is bizarre...imo.

I’d think if you love football...not just the Cowboys, but the actual game....you'd watch this one.
But to each his own!

id never blame anyone.
Im watching it, but I have less interest in pro sports in general these last few years

Everyone has their reasons. The first SB I ever watched was IX, I was 7 years old, almost 8. I've watched every one since. I've had Super Bowl Monday off for every one as well.

I also try to watch playoff games. But during the regular season, It's usually just Cowboys games unless some game stands out. I might have streams up, but I'm just checking scores, not actually watching. Too many commercials and the games just aren't as intense anymore. It's like the effort isn't there. Too many teams are average to poor, it's just not worth my time. I did notice they cooled off on the penalties this season. Or I could just be imagining that. This year I might not be taking SB Monday off. I'm already taking 2 days for snow, I'm not driving in that crap. Taking days in February is a damned sin!

Flamma

Reaction score
Me too. I can take it or leave it. There's something missing. Maybe it's the intense rivalry. Everyone is so buddy, buddy now. Not that that's a bad thing. But the "I can't stand the other team" gave the games an intensity that I just don't see today.

But I'm musing. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm just not caring as much because I'm older. It used to hurt me when the Cowboys lost. Now? Eh! What's coming on after the game.

It's the intensity of the game. Whenever I watch games or highlights from the late 80s or 90s, it's unmistakable. It's the first thing that hits you. Guys are flying around all over the place. You rarely see that now. Hell, even 70s, early 80s, gang tackling and attacking.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If Wade was a complete head coach he could have intervened wearing down Barber in the first half of that game. He had issues being a one dimensional, defense obsessed head coach for other teams as well. What a combination,
an incomplete head coach and incomplete offensive coordinator courtesy of our beloved GM and his mutant son.

Jerry Jones pick Garrett who was the heir apparent. Unless that season was out of the Twilight Zone, Jones was in charge and gave Garrett the authority.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Tony Romo looks ahead to Super Bowl LV: One of the greatest matchups in sports history

BradyMahomes-911bb85e-9a5a-4cb3-af20-c6fb000a46b7.jpg

CBS Sports' Tony Romo previewed Super Bowl LV on a conference call Thursday and he said the matchup between Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes is one of the greatest in sports history.

In fact, CBS Sports' Tony Romo, who will be part of the broadcast, believes it's one of the greatest matchups in sports history.

“This is going to be one of the great matchups in sports history,” he said on a media conference call Thursday. “This is what you talk about with your friends. Could you imagine if Michael Jordan got his team to the Finals against LeBron — who is becoming the face of the league? We’re getting that in this Super Bowl.”

“[Mahomes] is the only kid that is going to be in the discussion,” he said. “This is the matchup people will be talking about 25 to 50 years from now. As a football fan, this is as good as it gets. This one is really special.”

Read Full Story

stop being brain washed

catiii

Reaction score
Tony Romo looks ahead to Super Bowl LV: One of the greatest matchups in sports history

BradyMahomes-911bb85e-9a5a-4cb3-af20-c6fb000a46b7.jpg

CBS Sports' Tony Romo previewed Super Bowl LV on a conference call Thursday and he said the matchup between Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes is one of the greatest in sports history.

In fact, CBS Sports' Tony Romo, who will be part of the broadcast, believes it's one of the greatest matchups in sports history.

“This is going to be one of the great matchups in sports history,” he said on a media conference call Thursday. “This is what you talk about with your friends. Could you imagine if Michael Jordan got his team to the Finals against LeBron — who is becoming the face of the league? We’re getting that in this Super Bowl.”

“[Mahomes] is the only kid that is going to be in the discussion,” he said. “This is the matchup people will be talking about 25 to 50 years from now. As a football fan, this is as good as it gets. This one is really special.”

Read Full Story
Jerry could've had Brady...........................LOLOLOL.

Motorola

Reaction score
Tell me when he was on a Cowboys team that could have beaten him? Now when they played in 2007 we gave them a good fight for three quarters (even taking the lead) before they STOMPED US WHEN OUR D COLLAPSED.
Cowboys up 17 - 14 going into 4th quarter.
Giants scored TD+XP to go up 21- 17 --but only one minute and a half has elapsed in the fourth quarter.
Giants don't score another point THE REST OF THE GAME.
How is it that the D 'collapsed'?
But - in 13:29 remaining in the 4th quarter, the Cowboys are scoreless.
After having scored one - ONE - field goal in the third quarter.
In that playoff game, there was a Dallas Cowboys collapse; but it was by the offense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Cowboys up 17 - 14 going into 4th quarter.
Giants scored TD+XP to go up 21- 17 --but only one minute and a half has elapsed in the fourth quarter.
Giants don't score another point THE REST OF THE GAME.
How is it that the D 'collapsed'?
But - in 13:29 remaining in the 4th quarter, the Cowboys are scoreless.
After having scored one - ONE - field goal in the third quarter.
In that playoff game, there was a Dallas Cowboys collapse; but it was by the offense.
Yep. Cowboys lit the Giants up in the regular season and they scored 17 points in the first 4 possessions of the playoff game. Then the Giants started getting pressure on Romo and the offense fell apart. The Giants secondary was injured, the middle of the field was open, Austin and Owens were able to get deep but we couldn’t deliver them the ball. Crayton also dropped a 3rd down pass. The offense was definitely the bigger failure that day.