13 of the 14 UDFAs we thought had signed have signed

_sturt_

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...13-rookie-free-agents-leading-rookie-minicamp

QB Austin Appleby (Florida)

DT Woody Baron (Virginia Tech)

WR Brian Brown (Richmond)

C Michael Coe (North Dakota)

OLB Kennan Gilchrist (Appalachian State)

TE Blake Jarwin (Oklahoma State)

OLB Joseph Jones (Northwestern)

OT Levon Myers (Northern Illinois)

DE Lewis Neal (LSU)

QB Cooper Rush (Central Michigan)

G Nate Theaker (Wayne State)

RB Jahad Thomas (Temple)

OLB Lucas Wacha (Wyoming)

Missing: Skipper, the OT from Arkansas

lkelly

Reaction score

Last seen at the marina. Current whereabouts unknown.

latest

conner01

Reaction score
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...13-rookie-free-agents-leading-rookie-minicamp

QB Austin Appleby (Florida)

DT Woody Baron (Virginia Tech)

WR Brian Brown (Richmond)

C Michael Coe (North Dakota)

OLB Kennan Gilchrist (Appalachian State)

TE Blake Jarwin (Oklahoma State)

OLB Joseph Jones (Northwestern)

OT Levon Myers (Northern Illinois)

DE Lewis Neal (LSU)

QB Cooper Rush (Central Michigan)

G Nate Theaker (Wayne State)

RB Jahad Thomas (Temple)

OLB Lucas Wacha (Wyoming)

Missing: Skipper, the OT from Arkansas
A LB has about the best chance of actually making the roster just from the numbers it would appear

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Thomas and Jarwin are my best bets. I don't think they keep Morris and Jarwin may have the position flex to be the FB, 4th TE, and a redzone WR. I see 5-6 others as strong practice squad possibilities.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Last seen at the marina. Current whereabouts unknown.

latest

Nicely played. Somehow I'd automatically pictured him with that face and body type, just in a 6-10 package.

But, the reality is...

danskipperarkansas.jpg

Wonder who he signed with instead. I really thought, based on what I read, he was one of the 2 or 3 who stood the best shot at impressing in TC.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Thomas and Jarwin are my best bets. I don't think they keep Morris and Jarwin may have the position flex to be the FB, 4th TE, and a redzone WR. I see 5-6 others as strong practice squad possibilities.

If they don't keep Morris, it might be because they picked up someone else's cut. Morris seems to be everyone's favorite pinata around here, next to Lucky (who pretty much deserves to be that based on everything that's happened since he was suspended last season)... but unlike Lucky, Morris' competition for the moment is someone with a sub-4.6 40 (like himself) who didn't even crack the top 30 on rankings at his position coming into the draft.

Morris has been a starting back for a quality team, and has been an NFL caliber asset against NFL caliber competition. Sure, Thomas looks good in so many of those clips, but with film study beyond the highlight reel, and taking into consideration the competition he was up against even when those highlights were made, clearly he's got a LOT to prove. He'll get that chance, of course. We'll see.

On the other hand, having said that, Morris is definitely vulnerable. No doubt about it.

I like Jarwin just b/c the bonus money says something about how bad they must have wanted him, and that he's going to be given a lot of opportunity.

I've heard enough about the O-linemen, even beyond Skipper, to think that there's reason for optimism if one of them stands out.

Everyone else, in my opinion, is just trying to impress enough to land a practice squad slot.

Last edited:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Nicely played. Somehow I'd automatically pictured him with that face and body type, just in a 6-10 package.

But, the reality is...

danskipperarkansas.jpg

Wonder who he signed with instead. I really thought, based on what I read, he was one of the 2 or 3 who stood the best shot at impressing in TC.

I saw someone say he was a tryout guy tomorrow.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score

But, the reality is...

danskipperarkansas.jpg

I'm surprised he hasn't signed yet, maybe he thinks he deserves a lil more.

Haven't seen the reports on him at all, but I do know by watching him, he is huge, but his footspeed leaves alot to be desired.

_sturt_

Reaction score
He's supposedly a weekend tryout guy

Seems strange... of all of those signed, Skipper was the one I saw listed most often as a legitimate 3rd day draft pick.

Any link to that?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Nice to have that confirmation, but the curiosity remains... is there some health issue maybe that they want to evaluate before offering him UDFA contract?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they don't keep Morris, it might be because they picked up someone else's cut. Morris seems to be everyone's favorite pinata around here, next to Lucky (who pretty much deserves to be that based on everything that's happened since he was suspended last season)... but unlike Lucky, Morris' competition for the moment is someone with a sub-4.6 40 (like himself) who didn't even crack the top 30 on rankings at his position coming into the draft.

Morris has been a starting back for a quality team, and has been an NFL caliber asset against NFL caliber competition. Sure, Thomas looks good in so many of those clips, but with film study beyond the highlight reel, and taking into consideration the competition he was up against even when those highlights were made, clearly he's got a LOT to prove. He'll get that chance, of course. We'll see.

On the other hand, having said that, Morris is definitely vulnerable. No doubt about it.

I like Jarwin just b/c the bonus money says something about how bad they must have wanted him, and that he's going to be given a lot of opportunity.

I've heard enough about the O-linemen, even beyond Skipper, to think that there's reason for optimism if one of them stands out.

Everyone else, in my opinion, is just trying to impress enough to land a practice squad slot.
The issue with Morris is that is blocking, receiving and lack of special teams ability.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Wow... it's like having my own Cowboys Cerie... ask a question, get an answer. This is great!!! :D

Satchel89

Reaction score
I Heard Theaker is a nasty finisher. One of the draft shows was excited about him.
I read that too and I got excited a little bit. I know he played at Wayne State but I read a lot of good stuff about him. They need a guy like that to replace Leary. Who knows if he's any good at all but a couple of undrafted players always seem to stick with the Cowboys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nevermind. Found them on blogging the boys.

Dan Skipper OT Arkansas 6-10 309
Anthony Warrum WR Illinois State 6-1 190
Kade Harrington RB Lamar 5-6 184
Darnell Leslie DE Monmouth 6-2 230
Trent Cowan FB Idaho 6-2 224
Darrion Millines S SMU 5-11 195
Quinn Epperly QB Princeton 6-1 215
M.J. McFarland TE UTEP 6-5 253

Last two are veteran tryouts.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I read that too and I got excited a little bit. I know he played at Wayne State but I read a lot of good stuff about him. They need a guy like that to replace Leary. Who knows if he's any good at all but a couple of undrafted players always seem to stick with the Cowboys.

Collins is nastier than Leary. I think Bobby Wagner is still in the 1st row of the bleachers.