CFZ 14-3: Can The Cowboys Do It and Will It Be Enough?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Cowboys only looked bad in one game this year, that being the opener with the Bucs. They had a chance to beat Philly on the road with their back up QB, but came up short. Hopefully, the sting from letting the Packers game get away from them will stick with them as a reminder how narrow the margin between victory and defeat can be. This is as solid a Cowboys team as we have seen since perhaps 2014.

COWBOYS
Giants, Colts, Texans, Jaguars; all teams the Cowboys should beat. 11-3 most certainly doable.
Eagles, Titans, Commanders; last three games, the final push to 14-3 and a difficult stretch with the last 2 on the road. If the Cowboys can be consistent and resemble the team that showed up in Minnesota, they can certainly get it done.

EAGLES
Packers, Titans, Giants, Bears, Cowboys, Saints, Giants; Let's start out with the Cowboys beating them on Christmas Eve. I don't see the Eagles running the table in all the other games with either the Titans or Bears my favorites to beat them.

Eagles and Cowboys both finish 14-3. Cowboys have tie breaker by virtue of a better divisional record.

Tall order, but that's the way I would like to see the Cowboys ascend to #1 seed in the NFC. It starts with running the table.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think 10 wins does the trick. Then just get hot in the playoffs.

No doubt 10 wins will gain us a wild card but that would mean we would end up 3-4 the last seven games and would limp into the playoffs. Every one of the Cowboys five championship teams never lost more than four games during the regular season. For me to believe the Cowboys have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl this season, they need to finish the last seven games no worse than 6-1.

leeblair

Reaction score
Cowboys only looked bad in one game this year, that being the opener with the Bucs. They had a chance to beat Philly on the road with their back up QB, but came up short. Hopefully, the sting from letting the Packers game get away from them will stick with them as a reminder how narrow the margin between victory and defeat can be. This is as solid a Cowboys team as we have seen since perhaps 2014.

COWBOYS
Giants, Colts, Texans, Jaguars; all teams the Cowboys should beat. 11-3 most certainly doable.
Eagles, Titans, Commanders; last three games, the final push to 14-3 and a difficult stretch with the last 2 on the road. If the Cowboys can be consistent and resemble the team that showed up in Minnesota, they can certainly get it done.

EAGLES
Packers, Titans, Giants, Bears, Cowboys, Saints, Giants; Let's start out with the Cowboys beating them on Christmas Eve. I don't see the Eagles running the table in all the other games with either the Titans or Bears my favorites to beat them.

Eagles and Cowboys both finish 14-3. Cowboys have tie breaker by virtue of a better divisional record.

Tall order, but that's the way I would like to see the Cowboys ascend to #1 seed in the NFC. It starts with running the table.
The Cowboys finally have returned to the run game, and should win out. They no longer have to depend on Dak's passing or leadership to win- and that's not a dig at Dak, but an observation- but he should be able to keep the momentum and not experience the failures of the past.
The Eagles won't be a force by the end of the season. They are running out of steam. They may make the playoffs, but I don't see them making a dent.
The only team that can beat the Cowboys is the Cowboys. If they lose momentum they risk the failures of the past returning.
I think the Cowboys will take the #1 seed as long as the defense and the run game holds up.
In the playoffs, hopefully McCarthy will make the difference.
I am glad we don’t have to worry about Garrett anymore.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

COWBOYS

EAGLES

Make it so!!!!

cnuball21

Reaction score
For wildcard, yes.

For sure. It’s highly unlikely we win the division.

We’re not as bad as what we saw against GB and not as good as what we saw against MN…somewhere in the middle.

10+ wins gets us in then just need to get hot and have some luck.

foofighters

Reaction score

COWBOYS

EAGLES

It doesn't matter. We obsess way too much about winning the division. Where has that gotten us in the past. We just need play consistent football and get hot in the playoffs. I don't care where or who we play. We just need to beat the guy in front of us during the Winter. Wining the division doesn't mean anything. Plus is playing in Dallas a home game anymore?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The cowboys only job is to beat the giants then move to the next game. They will probabky lose 1 more game at least.

They can win out and not win the east. The iggles need to falter for the boys to take the east.

streetcredit

Reaction score
Certainly looks like an easy schedule, but this team just lost to GB who looked like they were a team ready to fall apart.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

COWBOYS

EAGLES

we will not go 14-3.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes the Cowboys can. Schedule works out perfectly. Tennessee is the question mark but we get 5 days to be ready for them because of Christmas Eve game. I really believe the Cowboys/Eagles game will be for the number 1 seed.

Macnalty

Reaction score
If the team continues to play at the level it did in Minneapolis, the only team that worries me is Tennessee.
I agree for the regular season and more for coaching than the talent of the team. forty-niners are going to be in the playoff arena, just like in the nineties.

Gonzomandela01

Reaction score
Lets see what happen injury wise, I'm talking about the eagles. Cowboys of course won't have any (knocking on wood).

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
It doesn't matter. We obsess way too much about winning the division. Where has that gotten us in the past. We just need play consistent football and get hot in the playoffs. I don't care where or who we play. We just need to beat the guy in front of us during the Winter. Wining the division doesn't mean anything. Plus is playing in Dallas a home game anymore?
Truth be told, they haven't done anything on the road, either. All things equal, the 1st round bye is a benefit.