Twitter: 14 teams will wear throwback/alternate helmets

817Gill

Reaction score
Love black unis on teams that don’t have black as a main color. Saw a black Cowboys jersey as a kid and honestly thought I’d see it on gameday one of the upcoming weeks.

Was very disappointed lol

TexasBacon

Reaction score
The white helmet with the outlined star is cold blooded. Love the throw backs, but the outline makes it pop.
Should look nice with the color rush jersey. Wish they'd put the silver in the middle of the stripe to match the pants but it still looks great, especially with the white facemask.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I count 13 teams since Dallas was listed twice, once as an alternative and once as a throwback.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I count 13 teams since Dallas was listed twice, once as an alternative and once as a throwback.
Schefter in the 2nd tweet
*There are 14 alternate helmets, but only 13 teams that will have an alternate or throwback helmet to be paired with alternate, classic and/or color rush uniforms.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually all of them are decent. Except don't really care for the Bears, but not horrible. I don't get Washington's alternate helmet, as to why. They have no throw back helmet under the new name, and it has just a W in front. Lame.

I thought Denver was to have a throwback helmet as well. I guess they decided not to.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Did they ever not have the stripe? Just the bare OG star with nothing else would look stout.

With the stripe it looks like a Colts offshoot helmet
LOL,
I dont know, I am old , but not that old.
Started following the team in 1975, they had the new helmet design then.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The white helmet with the outlined star is cold blooded. Love the throw backs, but the outline makes it pop.
I call that the double star with the outline because it's really a star inside a star. That white double star helmet would look great with the traditional navy jersey and the white pants. Clean!

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I call that the double star with the outline because it's really a star inside a star. That white double star helmet would look great with the traditional navy jersey and the white pants. Clean!

Yeah the "double star" is a signature. It just doesn't look right to me, without it. It would look awesome with our navy jersey and white pants. Maybe Jerry should give us a job?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

I like all of the throwbacks more than the alternates. This might be an over-50 thing.

But is there anything more cliche' these days than alternate uniforms that are black?

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
so we have 2 helmets.. and 3 decals this season? i’m assuming the “double star” white helmet is for color rush?

Mannix

Reaction score
Every Cowboy throwback should have been burned and then banned after 1/15/1995.

Mannix

Reaction score
Actually all of them are decent. Except don't really care for the Bears, but not horrible. I don't get Washington's alternate helmet, as to why. They have no throw back helmet under the new name, and it has just a W in front. Lame.

I thought Denver was to have a throwback helmet as well. I guess they decided not to.

W for wusses!!!

My favorite is the old Bengals helmet below.....

Last edited: