CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
landry1.jpg

2060351953_ede4f177d2_z.jpg

tomlandrysuccessstory.jpg

4840032044_3569cc1b8e.jpg

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
We lost the greatest Dallas Cowboys coach, and one of the greates coaches in the history of the NFL.
Tom Landry. Players came and went, but he was the constant figure with the Dallas Coboys. I still miss him after all these years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Landry
Brings a smile to my face every time I think of my Dad always referring to him as "ol' Smiley". Don't recall one time that he ever referred to him as Tom or Landry, or even Coach. Just "ol' Smiley". Anyways, I agree JG...he might be less appreciated by the generations that didn't have the privilege to see his work first hand, but for those of us that were privileged to have witnessed his work, he was a master of his craft and the true face of the Cowboys.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We lost the greatest Dallas Cowboys coach, and one of the greates coaches in the history of the NFL.
Tom Landry. Players came and went, but he was the constant figure with the Dallas Coboys. I still miss him after all these years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Landry

Don't forget to post this next year too....."News: 18 Years ago today".

Wish we had him as a coach, someone (unlike Garrett), who could motivate the team after a 2 week layoff. Which in most cases here, we usually lose the next game.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
The real Tom Landry ... the real pioneer ... the real innovator .. the real system guy .. years before the fake Tom Landry who is now up in NE ...

:cool:

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Brings a smile to my face every time I think of my Dad always referring to him as "ol' Smiley". Don't recall one time that he ever referred to him as Tom or Landry, or even Coach. Just "ol' Smiley". Anyways, I agree JG...he might be less appreciated by the generations that didn't have the privilege to see his work first hand, but for those of us that were privileged to have witnessed his work, he was a master of his craft and the true face of the Cowboys.

Maybe not the same # of SB wins, but for consistency sake, playoff appearance, NFC championship games, SB appearances Landry was the benchmark.

Noll, Walsh,and now Belicheck surpassed him in rings, but they still have to be measured against him in many regards as it relates to be " all time" great coach.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Maybe not the same # of SB wins, but for consistency sake, playoff appearance, NFC championship games, SB appearances Landry was the benchmark.

Noll, Walsh,and now Belicheck surpassed him in rings, but they still have to be measured against him in many regards as it relates to be " all time" great coach.
Yep. Nine consecutive years in the playoffs and 20 consecutive years with a winning record. That's consistency!