1st game momentum key...San Diego

tkiehl

Reaction score
Correct me if need be......we have lost vs minny,atlanta, and houston in opener's the last few years.....with all our rookies and fa's....it would be HUGE to win the opener vs. the chargers....who i believe was no.1 vs. the rush last year....test for j' jones.....it would be an upset to defeat the chargers opening day....but huge for our youngsters to get to 1-0.....

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I agree. 1-0 would be alot nicer than 0-1. Im sick of that stuff. But honestly, as long as we finnish strong, I could care less

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expect ot be 1-1 after week 2 Monday night vs. the Commanders. To be 2-0 would be great but unrealistic.

calico

Reaction score
this team has not won the opener in 5 years. I would be surprised if they did. For some reason, they just are never ready on opening day.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think San Diego is a team ready for a fall...

We will be 3-4 ready as our Offense is going to be well schooled prepping in practice against it.

I say we start season 1-0!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
I think San Diego is a team ready for a fall...

We will be 3-4 ready as our Offense is going to be well schooled prepping in practice against it.

I say we start season 1-0!

It's not their 3-4 we need to be worried about, we could be in for a very long day of LT.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
i would love to beat S.d....lets keep our fingers crossed that the tuna has us ready this year...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
It's not their 3-4 we need to be worried about, we could be in for a very long day of LT.
And, if our defense opens up with the 3-4 and doesn't have Ferguson at NT, it will get ugly quick watching San Diego slam Tomlinson (sp?) up the gut for four quarters.

blindzebra

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
And, if our defense opens up with the 3-4 and doesn't have Ferguson at NT, it will get ugly quick watching San Diego slam Tomlinson (sp?) up the gut for four quarters.

I see it as a problem even with Ferguson healthy, which is why I think we open in a 4-3.;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
I see it as a problem even with Ferguson healthy, which is why I think we open in a 4-3.;)
I don't want to open up a can of Nors here, but... for the life of me... I can't imagine NOT seeing Glover and Ferguson playing side-by-side as DTs in this defense. I can see the 3-4 coming, but I've been waiting to see an inner DL tandem like that in Dallas for over a decade! :banghead:

blindzebra

Reaction score
DallasEast said:
I don't want to open up a can of Nors here, but... for the life of me... I can't imagine NOT seeing Glover and Ferguson playing side-by-side as DTs in this defense. I can see the 3-4 coming, but I've been waiting to see an inner DL tandem like that in Dallas for over a decade! :banghead:

Parcells was embarrassed and I fear a move based on pride instead of logic, and anyway you cut it replacing Glover for Shanle, James or Fowler is idiotic.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
2000- Game 1: Philadelphia (LOSS, 14-41)
2001- Game 1: Tampa Bay (LOSS, 6-10)
2002- Game 1: Houston (LOSS, 10-19)
2003- Game 1: Atlanta (LOSS, 13-27)
2004- Game 1: Minnesota (LOSS, 17-35)

I have somehow gotten used to watching the Cowboys on Opening Day hoping to see flashes of potential, all the while expecting that a loss is a given. Personally, I'm tired of that mentality. It's high-time we started a season off on the right foot. Otherwise, I fear we'll be doomed for a losing season once again.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
2000- Game 1: Philadelphia (LOSS, 14-41)
2001- Game 1: Tampa Bay (LOSS, 6-10)
2002- Game 1: Houston (LOSS, 10-19)
2003- Game 1: Atlanta (LOSS, 13-27)
2004- Game 1: Minnesota (LOSS, 17-35)

I have somehow gotten used to watching the Cowboys on Opening Day hoping to see flashes of potential, all the while expecting that a loss is a given. Personally, I'm tired of that mentality. It's high-time we started a season off on the right foot. Otherwise, I fear we'll be doomed for a losing season once again.
Interesting enough, all but the Philly game were winnable. Of course, the team decided not to play all four quarters of any game though (especially not the Texans game :insane: )

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
What I noticed is after the Philly game, the margin of defeat has gotten progressively worse every year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SD became my 2nd fave team last year as they played 3-4 and had LT who was my best fantasy player and fave non-Cowboy.

To beat SD you are going to have to score. You are not going to be beat them 20-13. Thats the way they play and they win those games. LT is painfully similar to Emmitt in his prime. 4th quarter ties become wins.

SD is npt as good on defense on paper as we are. That has to be an area we can exploit. The secondary for them is young in spots. We really need to show people Bledsoe can throw the ball and JUJO is a serious runner, week 1.

I predict we will. Dallas 31, SD 28.

twa

Reaction score
I am eagerly looking forward to seeing how the new pieces fit.
Wlhile it is to early to make predictions,I like the way our team matches up with SD......Of course there is that looking good on paper thing.

followthestar

Reaction score
knowing we have the Skins a week later, the team will look forward to beating SD and starting 2-0. it would be a great boost, and i think our offense will answer the call. if you want an early prediction i'll say we win it on a special teams play and a late INT, say 30-24.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
I am not at all worried about the past. I am considering the past an anomoly. Certainly the Houston Texans beating us. But with the news out of the ranch, all I read is all positive, about chemistry, teamwork, mentoring and coming together as a family I am of the mind that the past wont matter, we will start a new past. Like a new chapter in a book, or better yet, a sequel to a bad book, this one being good. We are not continuing anything, we are starting something totally new, from a retooled offense with a real running game, solid QB and improved Oline to the 3-4 D and so many potential studs on the line you would think you had time travelled back to mid 70's or early 90's!!!!

I just have a great feeling about the boys, when me and my buddies get together and talk boys, I haven't noticed the electricty, the truely passionate anxiety of atcually waiting till TC. It hasn't been this way in a few years. Grown men getting all giddy with excitement of the coming year.

If your worried bout the past, I will say to you the same as I say to the eagirl and skins fans that tell me we still suck. Just wait and watch this years version play out and see where they end up. I think we will all be surprised. Pleasantly surprised for us boys fans, not so for the rest of the NFL.

Enjoy it./

Reaction score
Well said Ashwynn. I too am more excited about the comming season than I've been since the last glory years of the early 90's.

Drawing the Chargers on opening day kinda sucks, but it's not as if they're unbeatable or anything. I'm sure the Cowboys will be psyched for this one & I trust BP will have a special game plan in place to take LT out of the game (I know, easier said than done) & force their young QB to beat us with his arm.

I smell an upset. We have the personel to do it.