1st Review of THE DARK KNIGHT

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i watched batman begins in HD via xbox live and i must say TDK is one of my most anticapated films of the year :D

thekavorka

Reaction score
from a separate article on your site:

Slappy’s not too sure about that recent “review” that emerged from Brazil, although he says “[TDK] has screened internally at Warner Bros. in full a handful of times, obviously still in a rough, incomplete form but the whole story intact.”
Slappy is positive however that there has not been any test screenings. “I can definitely say that no screening has happened or will happen for a while. The film isn't close to being finished and they aren't doing any ‘work-in-progress screenings.‘ Chris has graduated beyond that point of trust with the studio. Any test screenings that happen before the release date will be of the COMPLETED, final film only.”

So if that review is true, that means it's from someone who works at WB.

I am incredibly surprised that someone that works for WB gave TDK a glowing review. SHOCKED

kristie

Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2033664 said:
TDK is being screened privately and some "reviews" are starting to leak. From what I've been told (and I know someone who has seen it), this film is going to be un-***-believable. Heath Ledger's turn as The Joker is already getting Oscar buzz. Anyway, here's the story: http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_first-review_4-8-08.html

Come on July 18th, get here! :starspin

heath leadger getting oscar buzz already!?!? cool! :D

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
thekavorka;2033908 said:
from a separate article on your site:

So if that review is true, that means it's from someone who works at WB.

I am incredibly surprised that someone that works for WB gave TDK a glowing review. SHOCKED

Granted. But I've been hearing this thing kicks arse since it began filming. I also know a few who have seen it that don't work for WB, and it's the same verdict.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2034298 said:
Granted. But I've been hearing this thing kicks arse since it began filming. I also know a few who have seen it that don't work for WB, and it's the same verdict.

It kicks arse before its been filmed?

I think your mind has been made up on this for a while now. Maybe its time to admit you're a bit biased on this particular topic? ;) :D

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2034298 said:
you knew it was gonna be awesome from the 1st one. than the previews for the next batman just sealed it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2033664 said:
TDK is being screened privately and some "reviews" are starting to leak. From what I've been told (and I know someone who has seen it), this film is going to be un-***-believable. Heath Ledger's turn as The Joker is already getting Oscar buzz. Anyway, here's the story: http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_first-review_4-8-08.html

Come on July 18th, get here! :starspin

I have noticed for a long time that you are at the very least a Batman fan. I like that. I am into the comics broug to screen. Spiderman2, Superman Returns, and the old ones too... looking forward to Iron Man even though it doesnt look that great. But I like that superhero as a kid. So...

As far as the Joker goes... while I could imagine that Ledger plays it very well. It probably more in a "dark" sense(pun intended). Jack Nicholson as the Joker(complete package) is going to be difficult to top.

But we will see... thanks for the info.

They are coming out with Thor and WonderWoman and another Hulk with Ed Norton.... your thoughts? any other new ones coming out?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I don't know why I keep forgetting this movie is coming out. I'm reminded of it every time I see mention of Ledger though. It's one of the biggest movies of the year and looks very good so you'd think I would stop forgetting.

I knew Ledger would get oscar buzz, especially after his death. But it seemed pretty obvious from the trailers that he turned in an amazing performance that would garner some attention. I hope his performance is as good as I think it might be and that he does get an oscar.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
YoMick;2034751 said:
I have noticed for a long time that you are at the very least a Batman fan. I like that. I am into the comics broug to screen. Spiderman2, Superman Returns, and the old ones too... looking forward to Iron Man even though it doesnt look that great. But I like that superhero as a kid. So...

As far as the Joker goes... while I could imagine that Ledger plays it very well. It probably more in a "dark" sense(pun intended). Jack Nicholson as the Joker(complete package) is going to be difficult to top.

They are coming out with Thor and WonderWoman and another Hulk with Ed Norton.... your thoughts? any other new ones coming out?

What ya talking about? Iron Man looks great. Downy Jr. was the perfect choice.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2035556 said:
What ya talking about? Iron Man looks great. Downy Jr. was the perfect choice.

Like I said I am fan of the superhero stuff and like Iron Man... but I will bite... what part of the trailer makes you think its gonna be great? I am curious?

thekavorka

Reaction score
YoMick;2034751 said:

Jack Nicholson didn't really play the Joker. He was basically playing himself.

I should have mentioned earlier that I know TDK will be amazing, I was just taking that Brazilian review with a grain of salt.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
thekavorka;2035826 said:
Jack Nicholson didn't really play the Joker. He was basically playing himself.

I....

What do you mean by that statement. Who has "really" played the joker. Ceasar Romero? I thought Nicholson played it great.

I watched Batman Begins this weekend for the first time and thought it was excellent. I actually liked Christian Bale as Batman. Katie Holmes was kind of weak in her character but the movie itself was well done.

I am looking forward to TDK and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Hopefully it will be as well done as the first and third. Hated the 2nd one.

thekavorka

Reaction score
yeah, on the character sheet, it says "Joker", but the character that Jack or Romero played is not the true joker. I expect Nolan and Ledger to accurately portray the Joker because they actually seemed to have read the source material and understand who the Joker is.

Nicholson had a great performance in Burton's Batman, but the character he played wasn't really the Joker. The Joker doesn't go around defacing paintings in a museum with Prince singing in the background. Nicholson's (and Romero's) character was too cartoony and light-hearted. That's not the Joker.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
YoMick;2035719 said:
Like I said I am fan of the superhero stuff and like Iron Man... but I will bite... what part of the trailer makes you think its gonna be great? I am curious?

I think Downey Jr. looks really good in the role. The action is hard to judge by little bits flashed on the screen so quickly so I can't really say one way or the other on that, but it did look like it has a decent shop at being good action. Mix that in with a good turn by Downey and hopefully a good story and it could turn out really good.

Of course Spider-man 3 and Superman looked like they might be good going by the trailers and they of course were not that great.