2/15 mocks with and without trades

J-man

Reaction score
Used PFN simulator for both mocks. Tell me which you like better and why.
First one I made a trade down from 56, received 64 & 132 from KC who took Oregon DE B Dorlus

NFL-team-logo

Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State
NFL-team-logo

McKinnley Jackson DT Texas A&M
NFL-team-logo

Payton Wilson LB NC State
NFL-team-logo

Tommy Eichenberg LB Ohio State
NFL-team-logo

Drake Nugent OC Michigan
NFL-team-logo

Gabe Hall DT Baylor
NFL-team-logo

Jordan Whittington WR Texas
NFL-team-logo

Jase McClellan RB Alabama

No trade mock

NFL-team-logo

Amarius MimsOT Georgia
NFL-team-logo

Xavier LegetteWR South Carolina
NFL-team-logo

McKinnley JacksonDT Texas A&M
NFL-team-logo

Marist LiufauLB Notre Dame
NFL-team-logo

Omar SpeightsLB LSU
NFL-team-logo

Andrew RaymOC Oklahoma
NFL-team-logo

Jase McClellanRB Alabama

Sydla

Reaction score
The first more.

But I suspect we are going to sign a couple of LBs in FA which makes drafting two maybe a bit much.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Fuaga and Payton make Option A the winner.

McKinley Jackson does nothing for me.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first one. But (you knew it was coming) LB with the 3rd and 4th picks are overkill. Cowboys sign a FA and only draft one. Also I want a RB way before 241.

rambo2

Reaction score
The first one. But (you knew it was coming) LB with the 3rd and 4th picks are overkill. Cowboys sign a FA and only draft one. Also I want a RB way before 241.
I think that they should take a back between 56 and 87.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that they should take a back between 56 and 87.
There needs to be a plan in place before the draft for adding a RB unlike last year. Waiting and thinking they can get one is called hope and that isn't a plan. They though one would fall to them. The backs started going in between each of their picks and the next thing you know we're into round 6 and no RB's drafted yet. If they don't get one on day 2 I think most of us will be disappointed.

rambo2

Reaction score
There needs to be a plan in place before the draft for adding a RB unlike last year. Waiting and thinking they can get one is called hope and that isn't a plan. They though one would fall to them. The backs started going in between each of their picks and the next thing you know we're into round 6 and no RB's drafted yet. If they don't get one on day 2 I think most of us will be disappointed.
It lines up well for them to get one between 56 and 87. I think it is a no brainer. I want the big young guy from Wisconsin, Braelon Allen.

J-man

Reaction score
I agree, I think they will address LB and RB in FA to make sure they have at least serviceable options before hand. And I absolutely want to take a RB way before I did in these mocks, but it didn't play out that way. Jase McClellan is a true sleeper in this class. I think he will surprise a lot of people.

(and I did know it was coming LOL)

J-man

Reaction score
It lines up well for them to get one between 56 and 87. I think it is a no brainer. I want the big young guy from Wisconsin, Braelon Allen.
I want to take a RB earlier for sure. But I keep doing mocks and don't really like the options I'm getting at that range. At least not over the other talent still on the boards.
I would love to get Allen and have in a few mocks I've done. But he seems to be all over the boards depending on the sim site. I've seen him in go in Rd2 and I've seen him taken super late.
Jase McClellan is a good late round sleeper that might just be able to do the job if we miss earlier.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The first more.

But I suspect we are going to sign a couple of LBs in FA which makes drafting two maybe a bit much.
They could bring in several UDFA at LB as well. As they always hope to find a gem in those players at times. Often more than what they should relying on that, like they think they are great at it.